GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script time to sort this mess out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time to sort this mess out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to sort this mess out

Hi toeveryone in the forum and thank you for all the info available to help me makea start on my financial mess.

my story started about 10 years ago with a lot of unsecured debt to the tune of£35k, I have been on dmp and never missed a payment, I never reallyquestioned the debts and threats as I was not wanting to go bankrupt(wish I hadnow it would have been done and dusted).
    Now after checking the internet regarding full and final settlements I cameacross this forum, I'm wanting to find out if any of my debts are unenforceableto possibly help me get the lowest possible settlement.

Most of mydebts have been defaulted and fell off my credit file apart from Littlewoods cataloguewhich gets passed to ndr then back to Littlewoods, and has shown on my creditfile as AP for the last 4 years.
    I will posteach debt once I have more info on them as any correspondence I got I forwardedto my dmp at their request.(I have now gone self managed)

None of mycreditors have sent me any statements over the years so I have sent ccarequests off to all the ones I know to be credit cards or loans, unsure what todo with my overdraft one though?
    Thanks inadvance

Re: time to sort this mess out

Originally posted by Jaffacake View Post
    Hi to everyone in the forum and thank you for all the info available to help me makea start on my financial mess.

my story started about 10 years ago with a lot of unsecured debt . . . .

If your story started ten years ago then all of these accounts will have been opened before April 2007. This could be good news for you.

if any of my debts are unenforceable to possibly help me get the lowest possible settlement.
    If any of these debts are unenforceable you may like to consider a 'settlement' of £0.00

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Jaffacake - welcome to AAD!

First question - who do you have the DMP with? How long have you been paying into the DMP? How long do you have left on your DMP? Have ALL creditors agreed to freeze interest and charges?

Useful to know as helps whether to make the UE route decision
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I was with money plus( yes one you pay for- just buried my head and hoped my problems would disappear) I have cancelled the plan and have my confirmation letter and the direct debit is cancelled. At my last check with them it was going to take about 14years to pay off and all interest has stopped for the whole time of me paying the dmp.

Comment

I was with money plus (yes one you pay for . . . ) interest has stopped for the whole time of me paying the dmp.
          Okay. So if your creditors agreed to stop interest while you were in a fee-charging DMP then I see no 'logical' reason for them to stop interest while you're in a self-managed DMP.

Have all these debts been defaulted? By that I mean did you get issued with Default Notices (headed s.87 (1)) from all of them?

Plan B x

Comment

I do know all have been defaulted except the littlewoods account which is still on my credit file showing AP every month for years, the rest have gone past the 6 years so are no longer on my file. I do have one ccj (also not on my file)which I pay £20 a month for but I never received any court papers saying a claim was being put in.(I had moved house/split from ex wife) so the only time I knew about it was when an attachment of earnings came through so I informed my dmp and they got me to fill a form in and the judge stopped the attachment but set the payment at £20 until debt is paid off. That was over 6 years ago and have not received any statements or info from them in this time.
            i will post each debt up tomorrow once I dig out all the paper work I have, but thankyou all for the quick replies.

Comment

I do have one ccj (also not on my file)which I pay £20 a month for but I never received any court papers saying a claim was being put in.(I had moved house/split from ex wife) so the only time I knew about it was when an attachment of earnings came through so I informed my dmp and they got me to fill a form in and the judge stopped the attachment but set the payment at £20 until debt is paid off. That was over 6 years ago and have not received any statements or info from them in this time.
              Let's take a look at that too.

A lot will depend on whether they should have known that you were no longer living at the address when they issued the court summons.

We look forward to helping you to sort out this mess (as you call it).

Plan B x

Comment

i will post each debt up tomorrow once I dig out all the paper work I have, but thankyou all for the quick replies.
                Once you have done that we will be in a better position to advise on your options. Hopefully there would be options that would see an end to these debts in less than half of the time it would have taken in your DMP.....and at less cost

Out of interest when did you send off the CCA requests? ....and have you had any replies back?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi and welcome to AAD, as you have seen we try to give advice and support without being judgemental. With regards to your overdraft, on our subscription service AAD+ we have a specific CCA request for them.

Comment

This is the link to the overdraft template to use. http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information

I am currently using this for my co-op overdraft. I'm still waiting for them to comply and provide the relavent information. No need to send any money with this one, but remember to send it recorded.

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT - Barclay loan
                      Date Commenced - ?
                      Approx Balance - £4255
                      Date last paid - ?
                      Arrangement or not paying –Arrangement
                      Status – CCJ
                      Account owner - Barclays

not heard anything from this since 2008 I just send my payment to po box 341, Manchester m60 3ez
                      13/01/2017 - letter saying thank you for your inquiry and giving me a mandate form to fill in.( never even sent an inquiry)
                      Last edited by Jaffacake; 13 January 2017, 13:05.

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT - ?
                        Date Commenced - ?
                        Approx Balance - £255
                        Date last paid - ?
                        Arrangement or not paying – DMP
                        Status –
                        Account owner – CARS

16/03/16 – Sent an email askingdetails of this account

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – Barclay card
                          Date Commenced - 2003
                          Approx Balance - 2692
                          Date last paid - ?
                          Status – default 2012
                          Account owner – capquest

23/02/2013- Letter from Barclaycard notice of assignment to capquest.
                          23/02/2013- letter from capquest confirming the above.
                          03/03/16- CCA request sent
                          04/03/16- CCA request signed for
                          29/03/16 - received letter stating that money plus are no longer dealing with my account and for me to contact them regarding payment account on hold until 04/04/16.
                          19/09/2016- received a statement letter.
                          26/09/2017- settlement offer letter received and to contact them.
                          24/07/2018- letter introducing a new payment method.
                          24/07/2019- letter asking for me to contact as they have not heard from me, also stating Resolvecall Ltd will be visiting property.
                          14/12/2021- letter stating that after additional enquiries they know im a home owner and that its important that they speak to me, also offering over 50% discount offer.

- - - Updated - - -
                          Last edited by Jaffacake; 18 December 2021, 12:57.

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – Halifax Loan
                            Date Commenced - ?
                            Approx Balance - 6577
                            Date last paid - ?
                            Status – Assigned
                            Account owner – Cabot

03/03/16 – CCA Request sent
                            04/03/16 – CCA request signed for
                            26/03/16 - recieved letter saying they have requested the documents and could take upto 40days.
                            Last edited by Jaffacake; 26 March 2016, 19:11.

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT - loan
                              Date Commenced - ?
                              Approx Balance - 9032
                              Date last paid - ?
                              Status – Assigned
                              Account owner – Arrow Global managedby Moorcroft

03/03/16 – CCA Request sent
                              04/03/16 – CCA Request signed for
                              07/03/16 – confirming they haverequested documents from arrow and will forward them on when they have them.Also stating that they are not seeking enforcement just asking for payment foran outstanding debt.
                              18/04/16 - letter recieved, acknowledge receipt of my recent request and confirm that they have closed my account with them and passed it back to Arrow Global Ltd.
                              Last edited by Jaffacake; 18 April 2016, 15:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X