GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script time to sort this mess out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time to sort this mess out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: time to sort this mess out

Hi Jaffacake, and welcome.

I'm fairly new to the forum and it's fast becoming my favourite place to be! Letters arrive, I panic, I come on here and within hours I get the knowledge, experience and reassurance of this lot - it's a lifesaver.

Comment

nothing much has happened over the last week just a reply from PRA Group about my over draft cca, none of my others have even bothered to reply to my other cca requests.

Comment

Finally had a reply from Cabot on both of the cca requests saying that they have requested the documents and that they are aware of the 12 days but have said it may take Up to 40 days. The strange thing is on the 2 letters it says where the debt was originally from ie lloyds and Halifax but both have the same refernce number and account details?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffacake View Post
          Finally had a reply from Cabot on both of the cca requests saying that they have requested the documents and that they are aware of the 12 days but have said it may take Up to 40 days. The strange thing is on the 2 letters it says where the debt was originally from ie lloyds and Halifax but both have the same refernce number and account details?
          Cabot bought three of my alleged card accounts and tried to lump all three together as one account ref.no. and total claimed ...I insisted that they had bought three separate accounts and all in dispute at the time of purchase, Cabot then spilt the alleged accounts and I now receive correspondence for each individual account and they carry different ref. numbers.

Dont be bullied into letting them lump both together, each account must have its own individual CCA.

Good luck

Comment

I agree with Alland, will be interesting to see what you get back,
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – Barclay card
              Date Commenced - 2003
              Approx Balance - 2692
              Date last paid - ?
              Arrangement or not paying – DMP
              Status – default 2012
              Account owner – capquest

03/03/16- CCA request sent
              04/03/16- CCA request signed for
              26/03/16 - received letter stating that money plus are no longer dealing with my account and for me to contact them regarding payment account on hold until 04/04/16.
              29/03/16 - received letter saying that they are unable to obtain copy statements for the above account as they are unavailable from Barclay.

- - - Updated - - -
              So what should my next move be, should I just wait for them to start chasing this or should I send something asking why they haven't replied to my cca request?(they received it on the 04/03/16 and it was signed for.
              Last edited by Jaffacake; 29 March 2016, 12:37.

Comment

you sit and wait, do not contact them, that is what they are hoping for,It may be taken as a sign of someone worried, which is what they want to do. you have sent the CCA request , you have proof, they can take forever to send anything or nothing,
                Chillax for now . NW
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – Barclay card
                  Date Commenced - 2003
                  Approx Balance - 2692
                  Date last paid - ?
                  Status – default 2012
                  Account owner – capquest

03/03/16- CCA request sent
                  04/03/16- CCA request signed for
                  26/03/16 - received letter stating that money plus are no longer dealing with my account and for me to contact them regarding payment account on hold until 04/04/16.
                  29/03/16 - received letter saying that they are unable to obtain copy statements for the above account as they are unavailable from Barclay.

well looks like some good news on this account as they are unable to obtain copy statements from Barclay as they are unavailable. but I never asked for statements I sent a CCA request.

Comment

statements are part of the CCA request, but if they cannot find them they probably can't find anything else, sooooo, just chill out and see what comes next x

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – HFC Bank plc
                      Date Commenced - ?
                      Approx Balance - 759
                      Date last paid - ?
                      Status – ?
                      Account owner – Idem servicing

26/02/16 – full and final settlementsent
                      07/03/16 – offer rejected wanting meto fill out a financial statement
                      11/03/16 – CCA Request sent
                      14/03/16 – CCA request received
                      17/03/16 – letter received sayingthey will provide info in 12 working days.
                      21/03/16- Letter received acknowledging request for documents they have forwarded it to HFC Bank PLC(letter dated 17/03/16)
                      01/04/16 - Letter received stating that they are unable to supply a copy of the agreement or statements and acknowledge that it cant be enforced.
                      received the following today so sounds like good news.
                      Thank you for your request under the consumer credit act 1974, Unfortunately we are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement and we acknowledge that until we do so the agreement cannot be enforced. However the account is still outstanding and we will continue to pursue this debt which will include registering any arrears and defaults with credit reference agencies(they cant as it has already dropped off my credit file).
                      this is just the main bit off the letter so I'm now just waiting for there next letter.

Comment

That's great news, keep it safe!

Comment

The next letter may ask for payment, but you don't have to pay if they can't find the agreement,
                          They can continue to ask for payments or pass it to a DCA, but they cannot enforce through the courts as they need the CCA.
                          keep the letter safe just in case you need it at a later date,

well done NW x

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – Mint CC
                            Date Commenced - 2004
                            Approx Balance - £1266
                            Date last paid - ?
                            Arrangement or not paying – DMP- last payment 03/16
                            Status –
                            Account owner –Royal Bank Of Scotland managed by Moorcroft

03/03/16 – CCA Request sent
                            07/03/16 – CCA request sent back toldto send to royal bank of Scotland as they are the owners of account.
                            11/03/16 – CCA Request sent to Royal bank of Scotland
                            15/03/16 – CCA request signed for
                            06/04/16 - Received copy of agreement and terms&conditions ( niddy says )

07/05/16 - letter recieved from moorcroft asking for a proposal of payment or possible further debt recovery action may happen.
                            11/06/16 - letter received saying there agent has been unable to contact me so they have passed my details onto a new dca called Allied international credit(uk) ltd.

Last edited by Jaffacake; 11 June 2016, 17:30.

Comment

Yes, send them to Niddy, with your user name in subject line and a link to your thread. If possible send them as a pdf.

Comment

all documents I received have been uploaded

Comment

Working...
                                X