GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script time to sort this mess out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time to sort this mess out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: time to sort this mess out

I think it's up to you which you do. A direct debit would be cheaper as you wouldn't need to pay for a stamp. It's probably cheaper for them too.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

or set up standing order you have control then
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffacake View Post
        TYPE OF ACCOUNT – lloyds TSB CC
        Date Commenced - 1999
        Approx Balance - 2928
        Date last paid - ?
        Arrangement or not paying – DMP
        Status – default 2008
        Account owner – Cabot

03/03/16 – CCA request sent
        04/03/16 – CCA request signed for
        26/03/16 - recieved letter saying they have requested documents and it could take upto 40days.
        26/06/16 - letter saying thankyou for paying in the past but can you contact them so I can clear the balance.
        06/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
        07/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
        08/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
        30/08/16 - letter asking me to fill in a income and expenditure form.
        02/02/17 - another chasing letter saying that I've not contacted them still.
        just been going through my files and have noticed that there response to my cca request has the wrong customer reference on it and balance but the correct original owner of the account, Cabot are dealing with 3 alleged debts and it looks like they have mixed up the info. Do I send a letter stating this or just wait until they start to get heavy?

Comment

You never tell them about their mistakes, you don't to do their work for them! You never know when their errors or ignorance can help your case .....

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – Mint CC
            Date Commenced - ?
            Approx Balance - £1266
            Date last paid - ?
            Arrangement or not paying – Last paid 03/16
            Status – default
            Account owner – Mint

03/03/16 – CCA Request sent
            07/03/16 – CCA request sent back toldto send to royal bank of Scotland as they are the owners of account.
            11/03/16 – CCA Request sent to Royal bank of Scotland
            15/03/16 – CCA request signed for
            06/04/16 - Received copy of agreement and terms&conditions (niddy says unenforceable)
            07/05/16 - letter recieved from moorcroft asking for a proposal of payment or possible further debt recovery action may happen.
            11/06/16 - letter received saying there agent has been unable to contact me so they have passed my details onto a new dca called Allied international credit(uk) ltd.
            09/12/16 - letter from Mint saying there agent has been unable to contact me so have now passed it to Westcot Credit Services trading as Wescot. And that they will contact me within 14days.
            28/12/16 - welcome letter from wescot asking me to contact them.
            05/01/17 - letter from wescot saying they know I live at my address and to contact them or they will continue to call/text and send letters on behalf of royal bank of Scotland.
            11/02/17 - letter from a company called 2f which is a trading name of wescot(says so on letter). Just letting me know that they have confirmed that I live at my address and for me to contact them or royal bank of Scotland reserve the right to take further action.
            Just an update from today plus also recieved an application for a Barclay credit card today which went straight to the bin.

Comment

nice of them you might have forgotten where you live - how pathetic these wetcloths are!

Comment

TYPE OF ACCOUNT - Littlewoods
                Date Commenced - 1998
                Approx Balance - £1907
                Date last paid - ?
                Arrangement or not paying – DMP- last payment march 2016
                Status – in arrears
                Account owner – littlewoods/NDR

I know this account is riddled withcharges as I have found a statement from 2008 and there was 2 admin charges- 13 march 2008 £5 and 26 march 2008 £5
                11/03/16 – SAR request sent
                14/03/16 – SAR request signed for
                16/04/16 - littlewoods have sent me over 50 pages of statements but no copy of an agreement.
                12/08/16 - Default notice letter received will take effect on 22/08/16.
                2017 - CCA request sent to Lowell after they purchased the account.

It had been a while since I last heard from Lowell after they received my cca request and this morning I received a letter saying they have sent the account back to shopdirect and any further correspondence should be forwarded to shopdirect. They didn't really chase that much they only had the account for a few months just wait for the next one now.

Comment

Well cant belive its been 12 months or so since I started my journey and so far its not been too painful, after following the guidance from everyone on here I have everything logged and filed away for future reference all my accounts have had cca requests sent and received and only one has replied with an agreement which has missing terms. so as it stands not one account is enforceable(fingers crossed it stays this way). I have one DCA(CABOT) phoning every other day but there numbers are blocked so it diverts straight to answer machine and apart from that its very quiet.
                  hopefully the next 5 years go this smooth

Comment

It had been a while since I last heard from Lowell after they received my cca request and this morning I received a letter saying they have sent the account back to shopdirect and any further correspondence should be forwarded to shopdirect. They didn't really chase that much they only had the account for a few months just wait for the next one now.
                    the problem with Littlewoods accounts (for them) is that you ordered goods then they sent the letter asking you to sign the agremnt, I, in fact I think most people, never signed or sent it back, so they havent any agreement to send you xxx

Comment

Daft beggers x
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Date Commenced - 1999
                        Approx Balance - 2928
                        Date last paid - ?
                        Status – default 2008
                        Account owner – Cabot

26/03/16 - recieved letter saying they have requested documents and it could take upto 40days.
                        26/06/16 - letter saying thankyou for paying in the past but can you contact them so I can clear the balance.
                        06/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                        07/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                        08/07/16 - missed phone call voicemail left asking me to contact them about a personal matter
                        03/04/17 - letter saying there getting fedilite to make a door step visit to get me back in touch with Cabot.
                        Apparently there sending the boys round

Comment

For a cup o tea and a jaffacake ? x
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Apparently there sending the boys round
                            Still no response to your CCA request?

Comment

No nothing about the cca request since they said that they have requested the documents, they waited about 3 months then sent one letter thanking me for paying in the past and for me to contact them, then I have had a barrage of phone calls which now go direct to answer machine. They send the odd letter saying they can help find a resolution if I contact them and fill in a income/expenditure form which I just ignore.

Comment

Date Commenced - 1999
                                Approx Balance - 2928
                                Date last paid - ?
                                Status – default 2008
                                Account owner – Cabot

03/04/17 - letter saying there getting fedilite to make a door step visit to get me back in touch with Cabot.
                                27/04/17 - first letter from fidelite today asking me to contact them within 7days(letter dated 21/04/17) or they will make a personal visit to my house.
                                update on this one ☝️
                                will file this letter and see what happens still waiting for a response on my cca request anyway(only been 12months)

Comment

Working...
                                X