GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spentout's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spentout's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spentout's UE Diary

Finally starting my Diary.

Halifax credit card

Date commenced October 2005
    Approx balance £7,500
    last paid Last full payment Oct 2008
    Have been paying small sum monthly, next one due soon!
    Status defaulted/Terminated
    Account owner Cabot
    Made last payment Oct 08

From the 5/11/08 all the usual CALL US NOW letters
    15 Dec 08 FORMAL NOTICE of account in arrears
    17th Jan 2009 DEFAULTED issued on Saturday 17th and allowing only 14 Days
    2nd Feb 09 ACCOUNT TERMINATED
    17th Feb 09 Sent off CCA request with £1 P.O
    3rd April 09 late payment letter from Intelligent Finance showing they have received my token payment and also allocated the £1 P.O for CCA to my account
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Usual letters from Blair witch during this period[/COLOR]
    18th May 09 Received response to my CCA request ( shame it was only two lots of terms and conditions both 8 pages long.
    22nd May 09 I Send Halifax Unlawful recission letter stating that I will only now pay towards the lawful arrears.
    28th Sept 09 Threatogram from Blair witch
    20th October 09 More threats from Blair
    27th October 09 Blair sends me I&E forms to fill (filed them away ) also 2nd letter saying the amount that I am paying is acceptable?
    Dec 09 Statement from Halifax full balance now due + it shows that there are 3 default charges For late payment/ over limit/ and returned payment. Well There was no late payment just did not pay, was only overlimit because they lowered my credit limit and there never was a returned payment?

29th Dec 09 threats from Blair witch Local door collector/ court action, death by boredom etc
    13th Jan 2010 (The biggy) NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT ACTION
    21st Jan 2010 CONTACT US IMMEDIATLY
    21st Jan 2010 I send them a reminder of their unlawful recission and that I am only paying toward the arrears.
    21st Jan 2010 Send off SAR to Intelligent Finance
    12th Feb 2010 Blair witch Threatogram
    22nd Feb 2010 Received my SAR bundle including copy of signed Agreement

There is a gap now as my filing is crap but not much happened until now.

17th September 2012 Informed by Cabot they have bought the account, also contained letter from Halifax saying they Assigned all of their respective rights title etc to Cabots The sale date was 6 weeks ago the balance when sold was higher than Cabot now claims by appx the value of 6 months token payments
    5th October 2012 Sent CCA request to Cabots
    15th October 2012 Received "first payment of plan missed call us or goes to pre litigation dept"
    12th April 2013 Received recon agreement from Cabots with 14 days contact us letter
    13th April 2013 Emailed CCA to Niddy
    19th April 2013 Letter from Cabots Unfortunately we have not been able to provide requested info but will keep trying in the meantime PAY UP.
    21st April 2013 Niddy says missing PTs
    22nd April 2013 Sent Cabots missing Prescribed Terms letter.
    2nd May 2013 "Crapbots have bought the acc you held with Halifax and we've tried to contact previously, its now vital that you contact us urgently to discuss your account. If you don't contact us and agree a suitable repayment plan we will move your account to the next stage of our collections process. ignored this letter wait see what comes next.
    21st May 2013 Please contact us urgently letter we want to help you.

18th June 2013 We have tried to make contact several times It's now vital you contact Crapbots, or else its the next stage again

15th July 2013 Next stage is here, We have made several unsuccessful attempts to contact SPENTOUT we have done a review and see you do not have any proposal to repay, you may be experiencing financial difficulties so if you give us 35% of what you owe we will write the rest off ignored this BARGAIN

18th July 2013 Oops I think someone cocked up new offer if I pay up within 30 days only UPTO 30% discount maybe Ignored

15th August 2013 Received this letter day after it was written by royal mail not TNT. Dear Mr Spentourmoney, I refer to your cca letter of 24 april I apologise for the delay I understand you are dissatisfied with the document you received. We have asked Halifax to supply a signed copy until then its unenforcable

23rd August 2013 Letter received: Dear Spentout we have recently confirmed that you live where you say you do. we have bought your account and you need to contact us immediately.

23rd August 2013 2nd Letter received: Dear spentout, We would really prefer to discuss your account on the telephone but we will agree to your request only IF YOU CO-OPERATE with us. Give us your proposal for repaying this account, and fill in our Income and Expenditure form, if you don't do this within 28 days we will start harassing you on the phone again

20th November 2014 Letter from Cabot & Marlin Letter dated 15th from cabot as they have tried to make contact and were unsuccessful they have referred this account to Marlin and I must contact them within 7 days. Also contained a NOTICE OF CHANGE on Marlin heading who have been instructed to recover this account

27th November 2014 Letter from Marlin Dated 22.11.14 giving me 7 days from then to make contact and start paying or they will commence court action.

Lloyds TSB
    credit card
    Date commenced 1989
    Approx balance £8,500
    last paid Last full payment Oct 2008
    Was paying small sum monthly,stopped Oct 2012
    Status defaulted/Terminated
    Account owner Cabot
    Made last Full payment Oct 08

30th December 2008 Defaulted
    28th January 2009 Court proceedings threat Sechiari clark & mitchell
    23rd February 2009 Please pay letter from TSB
    26th February 2009 Sent CCA request to Lloyds
    2nd March 2009 sent TSB letter confirming CAB had my authorization to deal with them.
    5th March 2009 M H A Collections "pay now IMMEDIATELY TODAY"
    10th March 2009 FRom Lloyds We will sort your CCA request shortly
    25th March 2009 No CCA LBA letter sent to Lloyds
    25th March 2009 M H A Collections letter PAY US
    1st April 2009 Lloyds I am sorry you have had cause to complain
    7th April 2009 Lloyds letter "Sorry for continued delay with CCA request"
    1st May 2009 BLS letter pay now or personal visit threatignored
    14th May 2009 BLS again different wording, same meaningignored
    15th May 2009 BLS letter accepting the offer made by CAB to Lloyds of token payments.
    28th May 2009 Lloyds response to CCA request sent RECON AGREEMENT
    1st June 2009 Letter from BLS says "The bank has advised they only hold documentation for 6 years so unfortunately due to the age of this account the Credit Agreement is no longer available.
    10th June 2009 BLS threat pay token payment now or feel the wrath of BLS
    11th August 2009 BLS Full&Final offer pay 70% discount for 10 days only
    12th January 2010 BLS Letter payments must DoubleTold them to do one payments stay same
    14th May 2010 General threat from BLSIgnored
    26th May 2010 BLS Essential you phone us todayIgnored
    2nd June 2010 PAY FULL BALANCE NOWignored
    15th June 2010 Another PAY FULL BALANCE NOW letter

10 November 2012 Letter from Lloyds and Cabots in same envelope informing me that Lloyds have assigned all rights to this account to Cabots. Stopped payments
    14thn November 2012 Sent CCA request to Cabots

9th Jan 2013 Letter from Crapbots,, Unfortunately Cabot has not yet got the CCA from Lloyds for the account. Your account is currently UNENFORCEABLE which means no action can be taken

12th April 2013 Cabots letter Unfortunaely unable to provide CCA at mo we will continue to request info you are still obliged to repay the balance YEA

13th June 2013 Letter from Crapbots, We have recently confirmed you live at the address that we write to you from and you also write to us from. We want to make you aware that we have bought your account from tsb, please contact us ASAP. Ignored, dumb asses find an Agreement then contact me.

10th Nov 2015 Received statements of account from crappybots not much to say really ignored

17th Dec 2015 Received regular threat/we can help you letter from crappies, Phone calls have started ignored

31st Dec 2015 Phone calls have continued, even over xmas. Got a letter today "despite repeated attempts to contact you, we have not been able to gain your commitment to repay your debt. Ignored

18th Jan 2016 Today received letter dated 10th Jan, "Potential legal action" blah blah blah our typical approach is to make an application for a CCJ. Blah Blah Blah, If you don't contact us in the next 10 days we will proceed as highlighted above

Many thanks for looking
    Spent
    Last edited by SPENTOUT; 18 January 2016, 14:04. Reason: updating

Re: Spentout's UE Diary

Hi All

After cabots send me the letter stating they now own the alleged debt, I never made contact with them, so now the phone calls have started. They were not able to speak to me either time, so I will expect a nice letter.

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help please.

Should I be making contact by sending off a cca request to cabots? just to see what they have. I did this with Halifax in 2010 and received a photo copy of agreement. I should probably email it to Niddy and ask if it is good or bad news.

Having previously sent letter of unlawful recission to halifax on the strength of a dodgy DN, should I now stand by this and tell cabots that the alleged balance is still in dispute as only the arrears at the time of default are due, which I have been paying off monthly.

any help welcome
    Spentout

Comment

Are you paying into this or not?

Send Cabot a new cca. Let's do it properly
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

I was paying token payments untill I received this notice from cabots, missed payment is only now due, but will stay missed.

I will send your template for cca in tomorrows post. Do you want to look over the copy of the agreement that I received from BOS?

Cheers
        Spent

Comment

Hiya

Not yet. Keep it and I'll ask for it after you get cabots response - obviously compare the two versions
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi All

Not sent CCA request yet, had to get a new cartridge for the printer (always dry up when you need them). I did get the £1 P.O though.

A quick question (dumb question) On the top of their letter it says to write to them at mailing address which is a P.O Box, do I use this or the address on the bottom of their letter which is their registered office (told you it was a dumb question)

Had 4 calls today OH has not answered the phone during the day. I answered it tonight and refused security and told him it was phone harrassment, he disagreed and said he will call again.

Thanks in advance
            Spent

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower

Perhaps it wasn't such a dumb question then, I was opting for the reg office address. glad I asked as they may not even accept mail there.

The calls I suppose do bother me a bit, but I know it bothers OH a lot, I think it makes for a feeling of unease.

I will see how it goes after I send CCA request off.

Thanks again for your help.

Spent

Comment

Originally posted by SPENTOUT View Post
                I answered it tonight and refused security and told him it was phone harrassment, he disagreed and said he will call again.
                They would say that because they are pathetic bullies and thugs. I recommend following the procedure laid down in the BT telephone book for dealing with nuisance calls – just say nothing and place the receiver at the side of the telephone. Wait for a minute or so and then replace it.

There are other ways of dealing with the situation but that is my way. I have never said a single word to any nuisance caller and I never will. They want a reaction so don't give them one.

A quick question (dumb question) On the top of their letter it says to write to them at mailing address which is a P.O Box, do I use this or the address on the bottom of their letter which is their registered office (told you it was a dumb question)
                FP is right – use the address at the top. I sent a s.78 request to Crapbot at that address and they actually complied with it! Well, partially, at least. They did misappropriate the statutory fee and add it to the alleged balance in a pathetic attempt to restart the limitation clock. This became the subject of a formal complaint and Crapbot had to back down.

That was in the days before the judgment of Wacky Waksman and the current fashions for reCONS. These days you're likely to get Terms and Conditions scrawled on the back of a Marlboro packet, the unfilled signature box on a piece of second-hand bog roll, and “Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1215” (part of Magna Carta and therefore harder to challenge) chalked on a rhino's backside. All exact copies of the original, of course.

It is not a dumb question, though. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask, and as a result make the wrong choice.

SH

Comment

Thanks ScabHunter and FlowerPower

I like the way you both deal with it, have heard some keep a whistle for when they get a call from ers

My Missus tends not to answer the phone in the daytime but checks the number, but I just have to answer it (need to build up my blood pressure). I will try to ignore it in future

Cheers everyone
                  Spent

Comment

Anything to annoy them on the phone is good, make baby noises, ask for your dummy, ask them if they are your mummy, that kind of thing lol.

But if you really want to avoid getting calls from the same person, blow a whistle, after he gets a nice ear ache, i doubt he will call again lol
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello to all

CCA request was sent over 3 weeks ago to cabots and I've had nothing back yet, no I tell a lie I have had a letter letting me know that I am behind on token payments and should contact them with some degree of urgency (noted and filed, not replied to).

Do I need to chase them up and send a reminder cca request, or just wait

Cheers
                      Spent

Comment

Hi Everyone

Been a long time coming but Cabots have at last sent what they call an agreement or to be precise what they call a "Reconstituted True Copy" basically A few A4 pages calling itself a credit agreement. All parts are numbered as it continues as terms etc
                        Two copies have been sent both with different APRs on.
                        What should I be replying with, it has taken them 6 months to concoct this scrap of paper so why didn't they just send photocopy?
                        Perhaps Niddy can look at it, but he has probably seen hundreds of these.

Spent

Comment

Perhaps Niddy can look at it, but he has probably seen hundreds of these.

Spent
                          I'm sure he could stand seeing another one. It would be useful to get the official verdict on it, so that we can work out what to send next (Missing PTs or something else.

It sounds like a Blue Peter job which will bear no resemblance to the original.

SH

Comment

Hi SH

Your right confirmation is needed, Can I just click on the link in any of Niddys posts. Will pdf format be OK for sending.

Spent

Comment

Your right confirmation is needed, Can I just click on the link in any of Niddys posts.
                              You should be able to. Otherwise, just send to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk , including your user name in the subject line for identification.

Will pdf format be OK for sending.
                              It certainly should be.

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X