GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spentout's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spentout's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spentout's UE Diary

Originally posted by SPENTOUT View Post
    Update to Halifax account

Crapbots have sent a letter clearly ignoring the Missing PTs letter I sent last month, it says.

"Crapbots have bought the acc you held with Halifax and we've tried to contact previously, its now vital that you contact us urgently to discuss your account.

If you don't contact us and agree a suitable repayment plan we will move your account to the next stage of our collections process.

Our aim is to help customers get their accounts clear
    "

OK so my missing PTs and their letter has 2 days between so I would assume they didn't pass in the night, so clearly they choose to ignore my letter.
    Do I send it again or is there a different letter I should send refering back to my previous letter or shall I send a one liner saying please refer to my previous letter you chose to ignore.

Cheers
    Spentout
    I'd just ignore their crap for now, and only spend money on paper and postage when it is warranted. There is a chance that your missing PTs letter was not read or filed properly before this drivel was sent out, and in any case the threat machine will often take no notice of incoming communications.

If it was me, I'd wait for this oh-so-scary "next stage of our [attempted] collections process", and then refer them back to what they should have read in the first place.

SH

Comment

Thanks SH

that's just about what I thought would be the reply.

Funny had loads of calls from them last week, but nothing this week

Cheers
      Spent

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
        the threat machine will often take no notice of incoming communications.
        Thats a very good point Scab. I guess we wouldn't poke a bear with sharp sticks, so leave the maggots in their own pit of letters in this case! :niddy
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you don't contact us and agree a suitable repayment plan we will move your account to the next stage of our collections process.

Going next door to year 5 elementary infants with the red pens.

Our aim is to help customers get their accounts clear "

Easy way to do that. They could write it off then it would be clear and that would be awfully helpful.

As SH says what a pile of drivel.

Comment

Evening All

Well we have hit the next stage of collection activity from Crapbots "now the proud owners of my alleged halifax debt"

Letter reads:
            Contacting Crapbots
            Please call 0845 0700 116 urgently and speak to one of our advisors about your account.
            our aim is to help people get their accounts cleared so contact us soon.

They have totally ignored my missing PTs letter, so should I send a letter advising them to read previous letter that I sent or just tell them to "fou cough"

Maybe I should do as they do and ignore.

Cheers
            Spent

Comment

Does the letter make any specific threat?

If not, I would just ignore it and wait for the next one, and then send a short one-liner referring them back to the missing PTs letter which they should have read in the first place.

SH

Comment

Hi SH

No there is no threat. the contents are as posted above, short and sweet yea

Thanks for your advice, must say can't be asked to play ping pong with them at the mo.

Cheers
                Spent

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                  Going next door to year 5 elementary infants with the red pens.
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update to my Halifax acc with CRAPBOTS

Halifax credit card

Date commenced October 2005
                    Approx balance £7,500
                    last paid Last full payment Oct 2008
                    Have been paying small sum monthly, next one due soon!
                    Status defaulted/Terminated
                    Account owner Cabot
                    Made last payment Oct 08

From the 5/11/08 all the usual CALL US NOW letters
                    15 Dec 08 FORMAL NOTICE of account in arrears
                    17th Jan 2009 DEFAULTED issued on Saturday 17th and allowing only 14 Days
                    2nd Feb 09 ACCOUNT TERMINATED
                    17th Feb 09 Sent off CCA request with £1 P.O
                    3rd April 09 late payment letter from Intelligent Finance showing they have received my token payment and also allocated the £1 P.O for CCA to my account
                    [COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Usual letters from Blair witch during this period[/COLOR]
                    18th May 09 Received response to my CCA request ( shame it was only two lots of terms and conditions both 8 pages long.
                    22nd May 09 I Send Halifax Unlawful recission letter stating that I will only now pay towards the lawful arrears.
                    28th Sept 09 Threatogram from Blair witch
                    20th October 09 More threats from Blair
                    27th October 09 Blair sends me I&E forms to fill (filed them away ) also 2nd letter saying the amount that I am paying is acceptable?
                    Dec 09 Statement from Halifax full balance now due + it shows that there are 3 default charges For late payment/ over limit/ and returned payment. Well There was no late payment just did not pay, was only overlimit because they lowered my credit limit and there never was a returned payment?

29th Dec 09 threats from Blair witch Local door collector/ court action, death by boredom etc
                    13th Jan 2010 (The biggy) NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT ACTION
                    21st Jan 2010 CONTACT US IMMEDIATLY
                    21st Jan 2010 I send them a reminder of their unlawful recission and that I am only paying toward the arrears.
                    21st Jan 2010 Send off SAR to Intelligent Finance
                    12th Feb 2010 Blair witch Threatogram
                    22nd Feb 2010 Received my SAR bundle including copy of signed Agreement

There is a gap now as my filing is crap but not much happened until now.

17th September 2012 Informed by Cabot they have bought the account, also contained letter from Halifax saying they Assigned all of their respective rights title etc to Cabots The sale date was 6 weeks ago the balance when sold was higher than Cabot now claims by appx the value of 6 months token payments
                    5th October 2012 Sent CCA request to Cabots
                    15th October 2012 Received "first payment of plan missed call us or goes to pre litigation dept"
                    12th April 2013 Received recon agreement from Cabots with 14 days contact us letter
                    13th April 2013 Emailed CCA to Niddy
                    19th April 2013 Letter from Cabots Unfortunately we have not been able to provide requested info but will keep trying in the meantime PAY UP.
                    21st April 2013 Niddy says missing PTs
                    22nd April 2013 Sent Cabots missing Prescribed Terms letter.
                    2nd May 2013 "Crapbots have bought the acc you held with Halifax and we've tried to contact previously, its now vital that you contact us urgently to discuss your account. If you don't contact us and agree a suitable repayment plan we will move your account to the next stage of our collections process. ignored this letter wait see what comes next.
                    21st May 2013 Please contact us urgently letter we want to help you.

18th June 2013 We have tried to make contact several times It's now vital you contact Crapbots, or else its the next stage again

15th July 2013 Next stage is here, We have made several unsuccessful attempts to contact SPENTOUT we have done a review and see you do not have any proposal to repay, you may be experiencing financial difficulties so if you give us 35% of what you owe we will write the rest off ignored this BARGAIN

18th July 2013 Oops I think someone cocked up new offer if I pay up within 30 days maybe they will offer UPTO 30% discount maybe Ignored

15th August 2013 Received this letter day after it was written by royal mail not TNT. Dear Mr Spentourmoney, I refer to your cca letter of 24 april I apologise for the delay I understand you are dissatisfied with the document you received. We have asked Halifax to supply a signed copy until then its unenforcable

The Letter received 15thb August goes on to say that a "true copy" does not mean an exact copy. In addition you shall note that the doc titled Credit Agreement Regulated by the cca 1974 is a true copy as mentioned and is entirely legible therefore Cabots have complied with the law.
                    But notwithstanding, a request has been made to Halifax for a signed copy which goes beyond our normal obligations and the aforementioned definition as such is more advantageous to you.
                    Please note the failure to provide a copy of Agreement in time does not Affect the legality of your debt with us but merely renders the Agreement unenforceable until such time an Agreement is produced

In addition you have previously made payments to Crapbots Which is clear evidence that you acknowledge responsability for the account.

23rd August 2013 Letter received:
                    Dear Spentout we have recently confirmed that you live where you say you do.
                    we have bought your account and you need to contact us immediately.
                    ignored

23rd August 2013 2nd Letter received: Dear spentout, We would really prefer to discuss your account on the telephone but we will agree to your request only IF YOU CO-OPERATE with us. Give us your proposal for repaying this account, and fill in our Income and Expenditure form, if you don't do this within 28 days we will start harassing you on the phone again Ignored and will wait for the phone calls. Oops they beat me to it calls started first week of September OH answers and they complain that I am never in when they ring Shame.

What a load of codswallop, I have never made any payment to Craps, but a few payments to Halifax were forwarded to them before I was notified that they had bought the account

I don't think they know what they are doing, first they haven't been able to contact me then offering discounts then apologising that it has taken so long to address my letter stating Missing P.Ts

Spent

Last edited by SPENTOUT; 16 September 2013, 21:41.

Comment

Keep that letter safe, for now, its confirmation the account is UE well done.

Comment

In addition you have previously made payments to Crapbots Which is clear evidence that you acknowledge responsability for the account.

That one wont fly. Idiots. Last payment Oct 08

You can always argue that at the time you were unaware that the agreement was poo

Comment

Hi vint1954 many thanks for looking in,

The way I have laid out my diary may be a bit misleading.
                          Last FULL payment was Oct 08, I have made regular small token payments since 2009 when on the back of a dodgy DN I sent Halifax an unlawful recission letter and that I would only pay the lawful arrears, which is what I was doing.
                          Payments stopped upon receiving a letter from Crapbots saying they had bought this debt, which took a couple of months for them to inform me, during which time I had made a coulpe of payments that Halifax passed on to Crapbots without my knowledge.
                          Infact in october 2012 Crapbots sent me a letter saying that I had missed the first installment of their payment plan, so what payments have I knowingly made to them? NONE.

Cheers
                          Spent

Comment

When did YOU last authorise ANY token payment towards this debt? That's the question we need answered really

Thanks
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

Last token payment to this debt was August 2012

Cheers Spent

Comment

Then forget SB just now. It'll be 5/6 years from Sept 2012

Just keep fighting the UE route for now.
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X