GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Endeavour - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endeavour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endeavour

Yes it's yet another thread about good old Endeavour Personal Finance

Here's the jist of what I've attempted so far with no success whatsoever.

Via Purple Loans took a joint loan out in Sept 01 over 20 years for £37k with a £5k+ single premium payment protection insurance which was single, life, accident/sickness & unemployment. Loan secured against property. This was with Endeavour.

Now I'd been in my job for well over 20 years so never too out such cover but we were desperate for the money and the agent said it was part of the loan and needed to get the money.

Later we found out that the cover only lasted for the first 5 years anyway.

The loan was settled in Sept 06 and no refund for the PPI element was included in the settlement figure.

In Sept 07 I thought I'd try and reclaim the PPI element as there had been a lot of talk about it OTR.

The response from EPF was to contact the broker, nothing to do with us Guv.

Oct 07 same letter therefore sent to Purple Loans.

Nov 07 Reply from GE Money (new owners) denying miss selling.

Dec 07 On advice from a member OTR there were 2 seperate cases (a) the miss selling of the PPI and (2) the nil refund conditions of the loan, so letter sent to GE citing the 1967 act (as I was told to do ) and a letter to EPF citing the FSA ruling to claim back monies paid as EPF did not refund any of the PPI upon settlement.

Dec 07 Response from GE still stating the policy was not miss-sold
    Dec 07 Response from EPF ditto

Dec 07 PM'd a particular poster from OTR who was very vocal at the time about taking on and winning PPI cases on a no fee basis (costs were claimed from the other side)

Mar 08 His co seemed to think there was a good case - sent £10.00 to EPF for SAR

Aug 08 Passed to solicitors who take on the case as there is a reasonable chance of success.

I won't go into them anymore as they took between that date and Sept 10 yes that's 2010 !! to finally decide that there wasn't much of a case after all and dropped it.

They did try a part 36 offer just before conceding defeat which didn't get anywhere with good old EPF.

So basically I'm now going to dig out the insurance policy and try them.

With interest, as of last year this was about £9k so to say this would be a welcome win would be an understatement.

Re: Endeavour

Hiya

Thank you for posting this up.

Sounds rather similar to what I went through, because I didn't think there was any hope at the time with the FOS etc, mine also went with this guy from OTR and was messed about, so I asked them to return all my documents before going any furhter, thought I could trust them but the more I read the more I became concerned.

I think it maybe a good idea to email the agreement to Niddy on his agreements email address, let me know if you don't have this) and himself and Paul will check this out for you, we can take it from there.

Comment

Never did anymore on this due to banging my head against a brick wall previously.

As I've prev tried Purple Loans via GE and got no-where I wonder if it's worth firing off something to HFC who I understand have taken over EPF ?

Are HFC part of HSBC because I see they;ve put aside some PPI reclaim money ?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
        Never did anymore on this due to banging my head against a brick wall previously.

As I've prev tried Purple Loans via GE and got no-where I wonder if it's worth firing off something to HFC who I understand have taken over EPF ?

Are HFC part of HSBC because I see they;ve put aside some PPI reclaim money ?

Thx

Hiya

Yes, this is the direction I ended up taking, via HFC/HSBC, they may look at your complaint in a different manner as they did with mine.
        I say anything is worth a shot for sure.

Di
        X

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Hiya

Yes, this is the direction I ended up taking, via HFC/HSBC, they may look at your complaint in a different manner as they did with mine.
          I say anything is worth a shot for sure.

Di
          X
          I agree Di, some of these banks are just simply taking the wee wee, they think that if they send you a letter saying bog off, basically then you will do just that! I wonder how many people do? Not any that visit here first that's for sure.

Comment

Thx Di & Vos, I'll give that a go, nothing to lose as you say.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
              Thx Di & Vos, I'll give that a go, nothing to lose as you say.
              Good luck x

Comment

Di,

Do you happen to have an email addy for anyone high up at HFC ?

Thx

Comment

I shall dig the details out now, give me a min lol.x

Comment

Right, like yourself my complaint was in regards of EPF, and the Chief Executive officer (CEO) covers for both HFC and HSBC, I used the email addy below, and they always got back to me on that one.

chiefexecutivehsbcbank@hsbc.com

Comment

I shall be following this one closely as I too have a claim running against these.

Also this email works well too:

managingdirectoruk@hsbc.com

Good luck

Comment

Thanks to you both.

As above it was sold via a broker (purple loans), but GE were having none of it so might as well try Endeavour direct as they got the money.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                          I shall be following this one closely as I too have a claim running against these.

Also this email works well too:

managingdirectoruk@hsbc.com

Good luck

Oh yes, forgot about that one lol, good one Vossy.

Comment

And if I can recall correctly, I emailed the one above and copied in the other email addy as well, this way your guaranteed you will get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              And if I can recall correctly, I emailed the one above and copied in the other email addy as well, this way your guaranteed you will get a response.
                              Yeah, if I could access their "send to all" I would do that as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X