GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Endeavour - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endeavour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Endeavour

Email sent to both addy's today.
    I finally had time to get all the info together (there's lots) although I kept it very simple in the email basically just putting the a/c No, amount and the fact that I'd complained previously and wanted them to do something. Can always go into more detail with them if I have to.

Will see how it goes.

Comment

Letter arrived today from EPF and suprise suprise they still deny everything and say it's purple loans issue not theirs
      Not going to let this go so did a quick google for purple loans again and got linked to posts on CAG and to an article there on single payment PPI premiums where you could work out what you may be owed. I found out that I was paying 13.42% towards PPI each month but I couldn't fill in the spreadsheet to get a figure as I wasn't logged in.

Do we have such a spreadsheet on here ? had a look and couldn't find one.

Purple are now GE so you don't happen to have an email address for the MD at GE do you Di ?

Comment

This is interesting

http://www.gemoney.co.uk/en/insuranc...nt_Notice.html

Rather do it via email however than a phone call.

Comment

Hiya

With mine, I was lucky to find the application form made and completed by the broker (Click finance) where there was no PPI added on the form, it was only later on the loan agreement added by lender EPF, so EPF could no longer argue that it was the broker, and finally admitted liability.

Now just to save me scrolling all the way back, (hectic in my house at the mo LOL)!, if there is nothing on the Broker application form of where the PPI was not added by in your case Purple loans, then it must have been EPF who suggested this to you when the broker passed you over to the lender (EPF).
          I would keep arguing that fact to them. x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Hiya

With mine, I was lucky to find the application form made and completed by the broker (Click finance) where there was no PPI added on the form, it was only later on the loan agreement added by lender EPF, so EPF could no longer argue that it was the broker, and finally admitted liability.

Now just to save me scrolling all the way back, (hectic in my house at the mo LOL)!, if there is nothing on the Broker application form of where the PPI was not added by in your case Purple loans, then it must have been EPF who suggested this to you when the broker passed you over to the lender (EPF).
            I would keep arguing that fact to them. x

Hi Di,

The app form was signed by us during the house visit by the rep when applying for the loan, basically it was a case of "this will really help you to get the loan approved", no mention of the fact it only lasted for the 1st five years of what was a 20 year loan, no medical history inquisition etc etc.

GE/Purple argue however that this was a voluntary signature plus I had time to cancel when the docs came through. That of course is true, however why would I cancel when I thought it would help me get the loan ??

Any ideas re the spreadsheet and/or GE top bod email addy ?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
              Hi Di,

The app form was signed by us during the house visit by the rep when applying for the loan, basically it was a case of "this will really help you to get the loan approved", no mention of the fact it only lasted for the 1st five years of what was a 20 year loan, no medical history inquisition etc etc.

GE/Purple argue however that this was a voluntary signature plus I had time to cancel when the docs came through. That of course is true, however why would I cancel when I thought it would help me get the loan ??

Any ideas re the spreadsheet and/or GE top bod email addy ?

Thx

They will try to get out of everything, it did though take almost 4 years, I perservered and got there in the end, but what a battle, and I do hope this case you are dealing with will be resolved shortly.

That is a good find in regards of GE, I would print it off and enclose it within a letter, they are all related at the end of the day.

In regards of the spread-sheet, I take it you mean to work out calculations?

I did have one on my old puter that is knackered and silly me did not save it to the memory card, I will take another look around though just in case.

Anything I found in relation of EPF I sent to them, and after all the efforts of doing that I was so lucky to find a copy of the application form that proved it was done over the phone, as they tried blaming the broker, so I sent them a copy and then a copy of the agreement, they could no longer deny it, so anything you come across in relation of EPF do send to them. x

Comment

They will try to get out of everything, it did though take almost 4 years, I perservered and got there in the end, but what a battle, and I do hope this case you are dealing with will be resolved shortly.

That is a good find in regards of GE, I would print it off and enclose it within a letter, they are all related at the end of the day.

In regards of the spread-sheet, I take it you mean to work out calculations?

I did have one on my old puter that is knackered and silly me did not save it to the memory card, I will take another look around though just in case.

Anything I found in relation of EPF I sent to them, and after all the efforts of doing that I was so lucky to find a copy of the application form that proved it was done over the phone, as they tried blaming the broker, so I sent them a copy and then a copy of the agreement, they could no longer deny it, so anything you come across in relation of EPF do send to them. x
                Hi Di,

I know what you mean, I started in 2007 with this.
                Regards EPF I don't think there's anything to get from them, they've stuck to their guns that it's the fault of the people who sold the PPI (Purple) and as I said, the insurance was signed whilst the salesman was present. So I think the EPF route is closed.

It's what the purple salesman said, and didn't say, that are the crux of the issue, trouble is unless I'd recorded the conversation, which I didn't, it's my word against them that he advised I needed the PPI to get the loan etc.

Don't worry re the spreadsheet, I can sort something out but would appreciate it if anyone has got the email address of the CEO/MD of GE Money UK. Maybe an email to him quoting their promise as posted earlier may get some positive action ?

Comment

Hi Di,

I know what you mean, I started in 2007 with this.
                  Regards EPF I don't think there's anything to get from them, they've stuck to their guns that it's the fault of the people who sold the PPI (Purple) and as I said, the insurance was signed whilst the salesman was present. So I think the EPF route is closed.

It's what the purple salesman said, and didn't say, that are the crux of the issue, trouble is unless I'd recorded the conversation, which I didn't, it's my word against them that he advised I needed the PPI to get the loan etc.

Don't worry re the spreadsheet, I can sort something out but would appreciate it if anyone has got the email address of the CEO/MD of GE Money UK. Maybe an email to him quoting their promise as posted earlier may get some positive action ?
                  Blimey 5 years!! you certainly do have the patience bless you. x

Will have to do further digging on the CEO addy, but found email contact details direct to GE if you want to complain.
                  http://www.gemoney.co.uk/en/utility/..._complain.html

I am currently dealing with GE Cap Bank and they are from what I know of the same group.
                  Last edited by di30; 19 July 2012, 22:10.

Comment

The email addy for GE CEO is: mark.elborne@ge.com

Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                      The email addy for GE CEO is: mark.elborne@ge.com

Hope it helps.
                      Thank you Vossy

Your a star x

Comment

Thank you Vossy

Your a star x
                        Mailed him looking for something else last week Di, his customer service staff had been ignoring me - he replied quick as well, strangely, customer service replied later as well

Comment

Also some info on the GE site...........on PPI reclaiming....

http://www.gemoney.co.uk/en/insuranc...nt_Notice.html

You already posted this fedupwiththeworry, silly me lol.
                          Last edited by di30; 19 July 2012, 22:19.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                            Mailed him looking for something else last week Di, his customer service staff had been ignoring me - he replied quick as well, strangely, customer service replied later as well

LOL, it just goes to show doesn't it?
                            And of course the CEO cannot afford for his business to run a poor quality customer service, well that had them, good one

Comment

Thanks to you both.

Will fire him off an email in the morning once I've worked out the amount

Yep 5 years, my 1st post tells the whole sorry tale.

Just out of interest, do you know of anyone who has got their PPI back with the argument that the salesperson misslead them ?

Comment

Thanks to you both.

Will fire him off an email in the morning once I've worked out the amount

Yep 5 years, my 1st post tells the whole sorry tale.

Just out of interest, do you know of anyone who has got their PPI back with the argument that the salesperson misslead them ?
                                The best of luck with this.

I assume it can be done "being misled", I felt as if I was misled by EPF and I made them aware of that, which helped my case.

Go for it x

Comment

Working...
                                X