GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Endeavour - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endeavour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Endeavour

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    WOW!!!!! that is fantastic!!! Good one!
    There is definately something not right if they do not agree with this!

I shall have a gander for you, see what I can find x

Thx Di,

I was writing this in my head shortly before the alarm was due to go off this morning, luckily I managed to get most of it down on paper before I forgot haha.

Comment

Don't remember to be honest , interested in this part

Underwriters/Insurers still have some responsibility of when the policy was sold to the customer.
      When they have Intermediaries/Advisers selling insurance products on their behalf, the policies are referred back to the Underwriters.

The Underwriters have a duty to check and make sure that the policy was sold correctly, and to ensure it suits Customer's requirements.

It is understood that Underwriters/Insurers do have a liability when Insurance products are sold, even if they were/are not present at the selling of the product.

The duties of the Underwriter include, evaluating an individual before issuing an Insurance policy.
      It is a very important duty that an Insurance Underwriter must perform, must analyse the client's risk before issuing the policy, for example, such as Current Health Problems.

Underwriters/Insurers should analyse Insurance Applications determine whether they should be accepted or rejected.

Is that from a source I can quote in my letter to give it some credence ?

Comment

An article here, rather long, but check in the part of "How PPI works" a few pages down.

This includes Insurers, Brokers, Lenders etc.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...L1ZLRV3d-1MXbg

I'm sure I save some information before about FSA info on insurers, it maybe on my docs on my older computer, if i can get it going, I will post it.
        Thx Di,
        Funnily enough I came across this yesterday while researching, gives a good overview but I couldn't see anything official that I can use to back up my point to Aviva that they are also at fault.

Comment

What you could do is write/email the FSA, and tell them you are writing to the Insurer/Underwriter in regards of your complaint and the reason why you are writing to them and not the broker etc, and state that you understand the FOS suggest this avenue if all else fails, or if the business you originally complained to were not regulated at the time.
          Ask the FSA what they think your rights are in writing to complain to the insurer.
          Maybe they will come back with something useful along with a link of complaining to the insurer.

Just a suggestion, I will keep searching, but do not want to hold you back either. (I did try starting up my old puter earlier, but having issues with it big time) shame I didnt think to save to memory card before-having probs with it. A lot of useful docs are on my old one!

Comment

Thx Di, That's a great idea

Comment

Couldn't find any email info on the FSA site so have emailed the FOS.

Comment

Hadn't heard anything from the FOS and since all I got was an automated "thank you for your email response" I bit the bullet and rang them.

Answered really quickly actually, and were very friendly in answering my queries. Here's a few things I recall of the conversation, not all relevent to me but may help someone else.

i. They do think that it is 6 years from when I became aware so I've got until later this year, BUT when GE originally re-buffed me in 2007 to see if they gave a timescale for complaining to the FOS...they didn't.
                ii. FOS did state that as it was an unregulated loan they don't have jusrisdiction over GE. so would suggest the underwriter route.
                iii. I explained that I wanted to try once more with GE in view of the 6 year thing and that I had already tried the insurer with no joy but wanted to try them again due to what she had just stated and could I quote what she had said.
                iv. I could say that the FOS recomends this approach where all else has failed but to be careful to state that I realise they are not responsible for the sale of the PPI.
                v. This would mean a bit of pussy footing about with Aviva so think I may have to re-think my response above.

vi. Finally she gave me a reference number as said if I didn't get anywhere to go back to them and they would look into the relationship between Insurer/Broker but warned this needed a lot of work and would take a lot of time.

Comment

Thank you for posting your update x

Yes it does take a VERY long time for the FOS to deal with the underwriter/insurer, which was why I wanted to have a go myself and luckily for me I was successful.

However, there are reasons why the FOS suggest these as an alternative due to relationships and involvements, as they do have some liabilities.
                  If you did decide to go back to them you can say that you have made contact with the FOS and they have suggested you write to them.

Did you hear from the FSA as well at all?

Comment

Didn't bother with the FSA Di.

What was funny with the FOS was when she said that it's good I'm willing to try again myself as they like it when we've exhausted all avenues. I said I've been trying for 6 years lol
                    Last edited by lookingforward; 27 March 2013, 16:47.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
                      Didn't bother with the FSA Di.

What was funny with the FOS was when she said that it's good I'm willing to try again myself as they like it when we've exhausted all avenues. I said I've been trying for 6 years lol

LOL I bet she didnt quite know what to say about that one lol!

Comment

I emailed GE again telling them I had spoken to the FOS and the 6 year ruling and asked them to look at my case again.

Within the week got a letter back thanking me comments added to my account and refering me again to the FLA as it falls outside the FOS jurisdiction.

They really are

Talk about dismissive and not even addressing what I've said. OK it's not governed by the FOS but surely the general rule re 6 years would apply in any case. Still note to self, never, ever pay any money to GE again.

Oh and I'm now going to try to compose a nice calm response to the next sorry Aviva, who are trying to worm out of responsibility for stealing my money.
                        To think some people slate anyone on the UE route as trying to get out of paying, ha ha that's exactly what the banks and insurance industry have been doing for years
                        Last edited by lookingforward; 5 April 2013, 12:19. Reason: had a rant lol

Comment

Totally agree.

Someone somewhere has defrauded people.

Be it a salesperson, a shop, a company or an underwriter. Someone somewhere has gained from money which was obtained by fraud.

Now for me and am sure nothing will ever happen but the police should be involved. Its theft plain and simple.

Until the country wakes up to the fact bankers are no better than your average thief nothing will ever happen.

Someone along time ago threw the money lenders out of the temple. Set religion aside but he obviously knew what they did even back then.

The consumer capitalist society isnt built for us plebs. (and by that I mean probably 95% of the population. If you use credit for anything your buying into their game) Its built for an elite to maintain control over the masses to enable themselves to maintain the status quo.

Comment

Well I wrote a nice happy, smiley email to the CEO and have today rec'd yet another "nothing to do with us guv" response.

So FOS it shall have to be...................I must have the patience of a saint , as it's already been over 5 years since I first complained and the FOS say the insurer route takes a long time

Comment

Yikes, you certainly do have patience!

I am so sorry to hear that!

Your just going round in circles with these now, so I agree it does look like it will have to be the FOS from here....

Doh!! so sorry x

Comment

It's now formally with the FOS filled in the daunting form they sent me and posted it back today, already have a ref No from earlier teplephone conversation with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X