GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Endeavour - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endeavour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Endeavour

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
    Just read your post above re the FSA guidlines, so OK loan 2001 and I complained 2007 so that's within 6 years

They responded turning me down in 2007, when it then went to the poxy solicitors for years (until 2010) trying to get the money from Endeavour.

So the way I read the FSA now is that I should have complained again between 2007 and 2010 (the 3 years), or am I reading it wrong.

If I'm going to email the CEO again to complain I want to have my facts straight

I do know what you are saying here, but even though you tried to sort this with the solicitor which had taken a long time (this is no fault of yours), you are now going about this alone, they should consider that you are going about this alone, which is strongly recommended by the FSA and banking groups.

And I would say that 6 years is that from 2007 in my opinion. So you do realistically have another year, if I am reading incorrectly into this, then I appreciate anyone to tell me so.

See with mine with EPF, it was sold to me in 2004, non regulated, and they did actually send me ample of final letters of rejections, stating final decision and so on just like your case, but as you know i never once gave up, I know it did take some time and I was eventually successful.

I started the complaint almost 5 years ago, something like that. And resolved in 2011.
    And also like yourself, I did go through a solicitor as well.

For example, I started my own reclaim with them at first.
    Kept being rejected.
    A solicitor taken it forward, can't remember how long it taken but it was a long time, it failed.
    I contacted the FOS, even though I know they were not able to adjudicate, they suggested the underwriter.
    Did write to the underwriter, the fos did end up taking it on as the underwriter were regulated.
    This was still ongoing with the FOS (underwriter), when i finally came across more evidence against EPF.
    They finally upheld after me trying all avenues, and accepted liability.
    Last edited by di30; 3 September 2012, 22:14. Reason: Correction

Comment

Thanks Di,

This is what I'm thinking of sending to the CEO via email.

Dear Me Elborne,
      Thank you for passing my emails below onto xxxx who in turn passed them on to xxxx.
      xxxx kindly responded in a letter dated 28.08.2012 and unfortunately I can only feel fobbed off once again. I have been told that the findings of Mr xxxx are that he is unable to uphold my complaint due to the time limitation act 1980.
      May I remind you of the FSA ruling on this:-

"With regards to making a complaint, this will depend on how long ago you had the account, and when you initially realised that there was a problem with the account and its facilities. Under our complaint handling rules, you need to make a complaint to the bank either:
      * Within six years of the product being sold to you
      or
      * Within three years of when you could have reasonably have been expected to know that there was a problem

Every single issue I have raised in my previous emails points to the PPI being miss-sold and I am quite honestly sick and tired of being given the run around. It's all well and good having a statement on your website promising that your company will do this and that, however in my experience there seems to be no change of tack and it smacks of a PR stunt.

I would therefore appreciate your personal intervention at this time and request that my complaint is taken onboard and looked into seriously.

What do you think ?
      Last edited by lookingforward; 4 September 2012, 20:51.

Comment

Thanks Di,

This is what I'm thinking of sending to the CEO via email.

Dear Me Elborne,
        Thank you for passing my emails below onto xxxx who in turn passed them on to xxxx.
        xxxx kindly responded in a letter dated 28.08.2012 and unfortunately I can only feel fobbed off once again. I have been told that the findings of Mr xxxx are that he is unable to uphold my complaint due to the time limitation act 1980.
        May I remind you of the FSA ruling on this:-

"With regards to making a complaint, this will depend on how long ago you had the account, and when you initially realised that there was a problem with the account and its facilities. Under our complaint handling rules, you need to make a complaint to the bank either:
        * Within six years of the product being sold to you
        or
        * Within three years of when you could have reasonably have been expected to know that there was a problem

Every single issue I have raised in my previous emails points to the PPI being miss-sold and I am quite honestly sick and tired of being given the run around. It's all well and good having a statement on your website promising that your company will do this and that, however in my experience there seems to be no change of tack and it smacks of a PR stunt.

I would therefore appreciate your personal intervention at this time and request that my complaint is taken onboard and looked into seriously.

What do you think ?

Yes that is fab! And covered all grounds here, that is great!

Ask them to respond by 14 or 21 days, either one.

Good luck x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Yes that is fab! And covered all grounds here, that is great!

Ask them to respond by 14 or 21 days, either one.

Good luck x
          Oops yes forgot that bit thanks.

Lets see how we get on this time

Comment

Oops yes forgot that bit thanks.

Lets see how we get on this time

Lol no worries

Everything crossed x

Comment

Not heard a dicky bird from the CEO despite me asking for an email acknowledgement.

Will leave until Monday eve and if nothing heard will send him another email

Comment

Letter this morning from same person who replied prev thanking me for email to CEO who passed it on blah blah.

They see that they sent final response and that I could complain to FLA and as I have not provided any additional info they must refer me to the FLA again.

Unless I can provide new evidence any future correspondance will be added to my a/c but not responded to.

So I assume that I left it too late from 2007 when they responded knocking me back then. Maybe if the solicitor had concentrated on GE rather than Endeavour this may have been sorted.

Comment

Letter this morning from same person who replied prev thanking me for email to CEO who passed it on blah blah.

They see that they sent final response and that I could complain to FLA and as I have not provided any additional info they must refer me to the FLA again.

Unless I can provide new evidence any future correspondance will be added to my a/c but not responded to.

So I assume that I left it too late from 2007 when they responded knocking me back then. Maybe if the solicitor had concentrated on GE rather than Endeavour this may have been sorted.

Aww how annoying!

So I take it you have explained because at first it was being dealt with by a solicitor, and its' not fault of yours that it was not dealt with correctly or it was a slow process, surely they should have taken all that into account as well!

Comment

Hi Di,

I sent what I put in post 62 plus the bit about response times you suggested. They didn't even comment on any of what I'd said.

Need to think of what to do next, I've been reading a thread OTR where some guy has got the same issue, albeit he's going the court route and there seems to be a lot of differing opinions on the time barred issue. Some believe it shouldn't count, others state there's been no precedent set for a case to be awarded in court outside the 6 years.

Another comment was whether as it was a secured loan that a different set of rules should come into play that give 12 years.

I'm looking into that at the moment along with something about a commision was paid that the solicitors mentioned in the docs I got back from them when they dropped my case.

Comment

Hi Di,

I sent what I put in post 62 plus the bit about response times you suggested. They didn't even comment on any of what I'd said.

Need to think of what to do next, I've been reading a thread OTR where some guy has got the same issue, albeit he's going the court route and there seems to be a lot of differing opinions on the time barred issue. Some believe it shouldn't count, others state there's been no precedent set for a case to be awarded in court outside the 6 years.

Another comment was whether as it was a secured loan that a different set of rules should come into play that give 12 years.

I'm looking into that at the moment along with something about a commision was paid that the solicitors mentioned in the docs I got back from them when they dropped my case.
                      They just get more difficult don't they?

Did you ever try contacting your local MP as well to ask if he or she could help in any way?

Another of my mate's who have been dealing with the same business, they kept doing the same with her, fobbing her off, just like they have done with you, she previously used a solicitor as well and was let down after a long time.
                      Her loan was taken out in early 2003, and it was about 3 years ago she tried making a reclaim, then if failed, but she cannot recall on receiving a final response, and have mislaid the letter, but passed it on to the solicitor who went so far, then she was let down.

I did suggest to her recently to contact a MP, she said she was going to do that, and from what I am aware of, is that her MP have wrote to them on her behalf, also with support from them, and I do believe they are again looking into the matter.

She did say she will keep me posted, so if i do hear anything, I will certainly let you know x
                      Last edited by di30; 12 September 2012, 22:43.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        They just get more difficult don't they?

Did you ever try contacting your local MP as well to ask if he or she could help in any way?

Another of my mate's who have been dealing with the same business, they kept doing the same with her, fobbing her off, just like they have done with you, she previously used a solicitor as well and was let down after a long time.
                        Her loan was taken out in early 2003, and it was about 3 years ago she tried making a reclaim, then if failed, but she cannot recall on receiving a final response, and have mislaid the letter, but passed it on to the solicitor who went so far, then she was let down.

I did suggest to her recently to contact a MP, she said she was going to do that, and from what I am aware of, is that her MP have wrote to them on her behalf, also with support from them, and I do believe they are again looking into the matter.

She did say she will keep me posted, so if i do hear anything, I will certainly let you know x
                        Thanks Di,

I haven't contacted the MP as yet because I wanted to try the email refuting the out of time issue, obviously they just ignored that and certainly haven't referenced it in their letter.

Is it any wonder people hate the banks these days, they whinge and whine people who go for the UE route to get statute barred but use exactly the same tatics when THEY owe money.

Comment

Sent a letter recorded to the insurer BFC Insurance Dublin in Nov - £6.43 !!! anyhow been hoping for a nice chq to drop through the door but nothing. Track and trace kept showing it as awaiting desp to overseas dept or something which I thought meant it just hadn't been updated. Did a bit of delving today and found a link to a different track and trace which showed that delivery couldn't be made as office closed !!

Have been trawling the web and found this

https://www.duedil.com/company/IE222...e-life-limited

Its an annoying site because after viewing a couple of times it wants you to register, but it showed they 'd gone bust in 2012

I seemed to remember something about Hamilton and BFC but a link I'd posted in another thread about it is now dead, so once again with Google as my friend I've found this

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu...;to=2007-01-02

The BFC address is different to the one I had and the one most of Google throws up in any search for them but I suppose they could have moved.

However that clearly says

Take Notice that in accordance with the sanction of the High Court granted on 15 December 2003, BFC Insurance Limited having its registered office at 30 Herbert Street, Dublin 2 has effected the transfer to Hamilton Insurance Company Limited of the general non-life insurance business of BFC Insurance Limited.

I'm assuming the PPI is non - life business ?

To complicate matters further I've come across this :

http://media.aviva.com/pdfs/business...ert_report.pdf

That's dated 06/2011 and section 3.11 states:

Hamilton Insurance Company Limited (“Hamilton”)
                          3.11 Hamilton Insurance Company Limited was incorporated in 1982 as Skidchime Limited and changed its
                          name to Hamilton Insurance Company Limited in 1983. In 2003 the company acquired the general
                          insurance business of BFC Insurance Limited (Ireland).
                          It became wholly owned by HSBC Holdings plc following the acquisition of the former ultimate
                          parent, Household International Inc, USA by HSBC in 2003. The immediate parent was HFC Bank
                          Ltd. In 2007 Aviva bought Hamilton Insurance Company from HSBC.
                          All of Hamilton’s business is written through corporate partners.
                          Hamilton writes personal creditor insurance and had gross written premium of £25 million and gross

insurance liabilities of £14 million as at year end

So does that mean I should be writing to Aviva ??

Confused. just a bit.

ps Assuming it is Aviva I write to, would they still even have a liability in the matter ? I'm hoping so as Hamilton took over BFC in 2003 and our loan was started in 2001 and settled in 2006
                          Last edited by lookingforward; 7 December 2012, 18:27.

Comment

Sent a letter recorded to the insurer BFC Insurance Dublin in Nov - £6.43 !!! anyhow been hoping for a nice chq to drop through the door but nothing. Track and trace kept showing it as awaiting desp to overseas dept or something which I thought meant it just hadn't been updated. Did a bit of delving today and found a link to a different track and trace which showed that delivery couldn't be made as office closed !!

Have been trawling the web and found this

https://www.duedil.com/company/IE222...e-life-limited

Its an annoying site because after viewing a couple of times it wants you to register, but it showed they 'd gone bust in 2012

I seemed to remember something about Hamilton and BFC but a link I'd posted in another thread about it is now dead, so once again with Google as my friend I've found this

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu...;to=2007-01-02

The BFC address is different to the one I had and the one most of Google throws up in any search for them but I suppose they could have moved.

However that clearly says

Take Notice that in accordance with the sanction of the High Court granted on 15 December 2003, BFC Insurance Limited having its registered office at 30 Herbert Street, Dublin 2 has effected the transfer to Hamilton Insurance Company Limited of the general non-life insurance business of BFC Insurance Limited.

I'm assuming the PPI is non - life business ?

To complicate matters further I've come across this :

http://media.aviva.com/pdfs/business...ert_report.pdf

That's dated 06/2011 and section 3.11 states:

Hamilton Insurance Company Limited (“Hamilton”)
                            3.11 Hamilton Insurance Company Limited was incorporated in 1982 as Skidchime Limited and changed its
                            name to Hamilton Insurance Company Limited in 1983. In 2003 the company acquired the general
                            insurance business of BFC Insurance Limited (Ireland).
                            It became wholly owned by HSBC Holdings plc following the acquisition of the former ultimate
                            parent, Household International Inc, USA by HSBC in 2003. The immediate parent was HFC Bank
                            Ltd. In 2007 Aviva bought Hamilton Insurance Company from HSBC.
                            All of Hamilton’s business is written through corporate partners.
                            Hamilton writes personal creditor insurance and had gross written premium of £25 million and gross

insurance liabilities of £14 million as at year end

So does that mean I should be writing to Aviva ??

Confused. just a bit.

ps Assuming it is Aviva I write to, would they still even have a liability in the matter ? I'm hoping so as Hamilton took over BFC in 2003 and our loan was started in 2001 and settled in 2006

Hiya thank you for your pm.

I believe that Aviva taken over all liabilities of Hamilton, so the fact they taken over customer records will mean any complaints can be raised with them as well.
                            So the fact that Hamilton undertaken the insurance, will mean they (Aviva) have to act as if they were them if you get my drift x

Comment

Thanks Di,

Going to forward it on. Fingers crossed that I'll get there in the end

Comment

Thanks Di,

Going to forward it on. Fingers crossed that I'll get there in the end
                                Yes that will be fine. Fingers crossed x

Comment

Working...
                                X