GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ppi from lloyds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ppi from lloyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi from lloyds

m trying to get my ppi back on an old 2nd mortgage i had with lloyds sent all the relevent forms spredsheet,fos form and letter.got a letter back saying they want proof of any docs that i still hold ,i have the 2nd mortgage agreement and one bank statement with the loan account number and the ppi ins account number on it with the payments,been advised to send a SAR to get all info back this account is from 1998 and is paid off .
    what are my chances

Re: ppi from lloyds

Hi there

A SAR will certainly be a big help and with the FSA/regulators etc on to banks like a ton of bricks, in my opinion you possibly stand a good chance.

Lloyds are/were one of the worst banks for mis selling these products.

So I take it then you are or you have requested for a SAR?

Comment

yes im going to send it this week as im fed up of being messed aroud

Comment

Good for you.

As soon as you received the information, let us know and we can move on from there.

Cheers.

Comment

well after being mucked around by lloyds on this i gave it to a ppi company and after 4 months of waiting they tell me they dont deal in ppi over 10 yrs old ,so i really need to send an sar and start again with this but cant find the template could someone point it out for me thanks

Comment

Here you go:

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
              well after being mucked around by lloyds on this i gave it to a ppi company and after 4 months of waiting they tell me they dont deal in ppi over 10 yrs old ,so i really need to send an sar and start again with this but cant find the template could someone point it out for me thanks
              I would ask the claims company to return any documents you sent them.
              Many have been successful in making reclaims from the 90's, am one of them!

To make a reclaim you can either do a letter, or a reclaim questionnaire, and of course in my opinion I would not use a claims company as more work seems to be involved, where it really is a matter of completing a complaint questionnaire or letter.
              Banks prefer to use the questionnaires these days, so if you go directly on Lloyds site, the details are enclosed, and of the questionnaire (issued by the FOS), for customers to use to complaint to banks/businesses, remember to keep a copy and send the other to the address shown on lloyds site, and it is also suggested to use signed for recorded delivery, for your proof of posting and you can check the status of delivery via Track and Trace - Royal Mail Website.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/payment_pro...complaints.asp

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                I would ask the claims company to return any documents you sent them.
                Many have been successful in making reclaims from the 90's, am one of them!

To make a reclaim you can either do a letter, or a reclaim questionnaire, and of course in my opinion I would not use a claims company as more work seems to be involved, where it really is a matter of completing a complaint questionnaire or letter.
                Banks prefer to use the questionnaires these days, so if you go directly on Lloyds site, the details are enclosed, and of the questionnaire (issued by the FOS), for customers to use to complaint to banks/businesses, remember to keep a copy and send the other to the address shown on lloyds site, and it is also suggested to use signed for recorded delivery, for your proof of posting and you can check the status of delivery via Track and Trace - Royal Mail Website.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/payment_pro...complaints.asp

Good luck.
                they only had copies should i still ask for them back ???

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
                  they only had copies should i still ask for them back ???

As they were copies, then I assume you have the originals, but personally anything you sent them, even if copies, and they are not going to be dealing with the case, I would ask that they return all paperwork back to you.

Comment

ok thanks will ask

Comment

Ihave successfully reclaimed PPI from a LTSB loan arranged in 2001. They nearly always say no but capitulate quite quickly when the FOS rules against them.
                      Last edited by cymruambyth; 13 September 2012, 20:28.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                        Ihave successfully reclaimed PPI from a LTSB loan arranged in 2001. They nearly always say no but capitulate qhuite quickly when the FOS rules against them.

I agree Cym
                        And I had a few from mid 90's onwards and successful with them all.

Comment

i have got my £10 postal order and am ready to send it off i had a bank account ,loan account and there is also an account number for the loan insurance can i put the three account numbers down on the one letter ,been a bit lazy with this but now im going for it .also what do i put on the postal order ??

Comment

Yes, you can throw all numbers at them! A SAR is for all the information on all the accounts that they have for you.

Pay PO to Lloyds TS plc
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ok completed the SAR have given them 4 account numbers inc my credit card ,should i supply sort codes with these accounts ? as this was a sticking point on my PPI application before ,and ive addressed it to there customer care dept at tredegar park is this the right address ?? thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X