GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Success Stories - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Success Stories

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming Success Stories

Reclaiming Success Stories

This is the general discussion thread for any reclaiming success stories that you may have. Please tell us what you did, how long it took and the outcome....
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 26 January 2011, 02:52.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Northern Rock Loan PPI success

I had an old (repaid around 2003) loan with NR that had ppi on it. I wrote to them asking for a refund of the ppi plus related interest - note I did not specify the amount of ppi or interest as I had repaid it early and was not sure how much I had paid, as I did not have the £10 to SAR them so I just did some guesswork on a spreadsheet to see what sort of sum I would get back.
    I got a standard letter about 10 days later saying they were looking into it and would let me know the outcome, then a letter a week later offering me a sum for the ppi and interest which was almost twice what I had expected so boy was I glad I had not specified an amount!! I accepted by return of post and it was paid into me bank accound about 2 weeks later.
    Stupidly I used it to keep my credit cards up to date, if I had known then what I know now it would have been more useful reducing the overdraft.
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Re: Reclaiming Success Stories

I have had a number of successes within this department.

But my very first one was against Nemo Personal Finance, they did not uphold for mis selling, but the FOS did, it taken about 14 months in total, this was back in 2007, and was awarded almost £13K.

I then made a reclaim against Liverpool Victoria in 2007 and was awarded approx £1.6K

And Another was made against Eloan, who dissolved, so this was resolved through the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS), just over £1.5K

Then 4 loan ppi's against Lloyds TSB, a few grand on this one in total. Will have to check the amounts again on this one on my paperwork.

And both mine and hubby's credit cards via Lloyds TSB (PPI), in total for the 2 about £1.2K

I have another 2 against Lloyds this is only just started, and one within the FOS, due to the broker dissolved, and they were not regulated, this one is against the insurer Hamilton, and ongoing.

Comment

Hello di, great to see you over here.

I'm liking this new site a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by MRS A
          Hello di, great to see you over here.

I'm liking this new site a lot!

Hiya, nice to see you here too.

Yes great here isn't it?

Hope your well. k

Comment

Thanks di.

I have received papers from my bank today to complete in order to reclaim the PPI from a loan which ended last year.

I need to have a good read of them before I write anything, but I do have a few answers up my sleeve as it were so I shall keep you posted.

Do you think I need to start a new thread for this?

Comment

Thanks di.

I have received papers from my bank today to complete in order to reclaim the PPI from a loan which ended last year.

I need to have a good read of them before I write anything, but I do have a few answers up my sleeve as it were so I shall keep you posted.

Hiya

Sorry just got on here now.

I expect a separate thread within this section would be required, I will make sure with Niddy and will start one as soon as I know for you. k

Comment

Thanks di, I don't want to confuse matters eh ;Qt

Comment

Hiya

this thread is for all reclaim successes - just make a post on here and tell us the result. It's easier to keep all successes in one thread - the actual topic (category) is for all reclaim stuff but successes are specifically for this thread here.....

If you are starting the journey then you'd create a thread and we'd help etc but once you finished and got a result, we'd then move that post over here so all successes are in one thread - that makes it easy to read. ;Hmm

Make sense - are you happy with that? 2
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes that's what I thought.

I just didn't want to clog the board up with new threads.

Comment

i had taken a loan with natwest in 2002 and was told by the bank manager if i didn't take the ppi then i wouldn't get the loan. so i accepted and after 4 months i cancelled it. it was 90.00 per month. last march i sent a letter to natwest asking for 360.00 for the 4 months that i had paid them. due to being bullied into taking the cover in the first place. i recieved a letter in april telling me how sorry they were and had to fill in a statement explaining what had happened in the interview. Two weeks later i recieved another letter from natwest asking would i accept 804.00 there final offer. which of course i did 8 weeks later the money was in my account.
                      ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Well done Carol.

Comment

MBNA

I am working towards being debt free and also helping a friend in the meantime...I am having more success with him
                          MBNA Debt 397.00 reclaimed £840,00 PPI
                          Marbles Debt 1856.00 = reclaimed 1900.00 PPI
                          thanks to all the template letters that have been pinched from others hardwork and supprt

Comment

Well done Tiger , that is fab. y 000000000000

Also the best of luck on your friends reclaims too, if you want any help, give us a yell. k

Comment

Successfully reclaimed my Mortgage exit fee from Northern Rock. Mortgage was taken out in 2001 and paid off in 2003. The difference was £50 so sent letter off asking for £50 plus 8% interest. Hats off to Northern Rock who not only gave me the £50, but as a goodwill gesture they refunded the entire £250 i had been charged !
                              I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Working...
                              X