GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Success Stories - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Success Stories

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reclaiming Success Stories

Well done billypre!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That is fab Billy, well done!

Comment

Not a large amount and on the other thread but I got a refund of £268.75 from Mackenzie Hall for a debt I had paid them but it was SB and they had been nasty in getting the money out of me. Paid them in full and 12 months later found this site. Sent them off a letter with all the SB on there and BANG........Full Refund..

Nice one Nid!!!!
        Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Comment

Fab, well done and Congratulations!

Comment

yay another successful claim against natwest on a ppi on a car loan taken out in 1995 loan was paid off in 1997.
            Sent letter in january 2012 requesting monies and recieved a letter today asking will i accept £836.31 as a goodwill gesture.
            now i shall wait and see if i recieve the money via cheque or if they use it to pay my overdraft thanks again to di30 for the advice on her lloydds 90's thread. again this claim is for a loan taken out nearly 17 years ago and they are quite happy to payout.
            ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Because you'd paid the original loan it'll come by cheque.....

If not let me know and we'll sort it
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
                yay another successful claim against natwest on a ppi on a car loan taken out in 1995 loan was paid off in 1997.
                Sent letter in january 2012 requesting monies and recieved a letter today asking will i accept £836.31 as a goodwill gesture.
                now i shall wait and see if i recieve the money via cheque or if they use it to pay my overdraft thanks again to di30 for the advice on her lloydds 90's thread. again this claim is for a loan taken out nearly 17 years ago and they are quite happy to payout.

Well done Carol, Congratulations!.

Niddy is correct, with it being a separate account, you should receive the money back to you.
                In my experience with Lloyds they treated all accounts separately and I did have arrears on one of the loans, and was successful on settled loans, and received the money directly back to me.

You should be fine here x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  Well done Carol, Congratulations!.

Niddy is correct, with it being a separate account, you should receive the money back to you.
                  In my experience with Lloyds they treated all accounts separately and I did have arrears on one of the loans, and was successful on settled loans, and received the money directly back to me.

You should be fine here x
                  hiya all
                  well today i recieved a part cheque from natwest they have taken 1400.00 off my claim and paid it into my overdraft account to pay the arrears , and then sent me a cheque for the interest amount (1300.00). they say they can do this as to accept the offer all you need to do is sign and return the declaration at the end of this letter. on reciept we will arrange for payment to be made subject to clearance of any arrears you may have with the group. so they say yes they can take the money that formed part of the loan but not the interest. do you think i have any leg to stand on with this or should i just let it go thanks carol01

Comment

hiya all
                    well today i recieved a part cheque from natwest they have taken 1400.00 off my claim and paid it into my overdraft account to pay the arrears , and then sent me a cheque for the interest amount (1300.00). they say they can do this as to accept the offer all you need to do is sign and return the declaration at the end of this letter. on reciept we will arrange for payment to be made subject to clearance of any arrears you may have with the group. so they say yes they can take the money that formed part of the loan but not the interest. do you think i have any leg to stand on with this or should i just let it go thanks carol01

That is excellent Carol, Well done!

With one of mine sometime ago, they did use the refund towards the account arrears but I did get to keep the interest.

As there was outstanding debt, it was confirmed to me as well, they have a right to use the money towards the account, just like your letter.

Comment

Brilliant news Carol, well done you
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        That is excellent Carol, Well done!

With one of mine sometime ago, they did use the refund towards the account arrears but I did get to keep the interest.

As there was outstanding debt, it was confirmed to me as well, they have a right to use the money towards the account, just like your letter.
                        well at least it has taken 2.0 years off paying my overdraft off, (£66.00 per month) so it should be paid now in less then 1.5 years, again thanks for all your help di30 as if you hadn't posted about your lloyds 90's claim i would have never have tried to claim from natwest and thanks to all that has also helped on ppi claims x

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                          Brilliant news Carol, well done you
                          thanks If, really feeling i'm getting back on track after being off the rails for 3 years x

Comment

thanks If, really feeling i'm getting back on track after being off the rails for 3 years x
                            Yay Carol to getting back on track and it's so lovely to hear good news on here too
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Ombudsman releases latest complaints data on individual financial businesses - PPi

The Financial Ombudsman Service today releases its latest set of six-monthly complaints data relating to individual financial businesses – including banks, insurance companies and investment firms. The data published today on the ombudsman's website covers consumer complaints handled by the ombudsman service between 1 January and 30 June 2012

Read more at AAD Blog pages for the latest releases
                              Click HERE
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Am surprised there's no recent posts on here!

Anyhow, a cheque has just plopped through my door this morning for the PPI on my Lloyds credit card for £1.5k! Chuffed to bits. Its taken 2 1/2 years though.

What I'm really surprised about though, is that as there is still an outstanding balance on the account & it is with their debt recoveries department, they have still given me a cheque & not taken it off the balance!

I'm not complaining though, I've got plans for it! Nothing exciting though, just college courses!

JC. x
                                Last edited by Jacobs Cracker; 2 March 2013, 15:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X