GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Success Stories - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Success Stories

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reclaiming Success Stories

Originally posted by Jacobs Crackers View Post
    Am surprised there's no recent posts on here!

Anyhow, a cheque has just plopped through my door this morning for the PPI on my Lloyds credit card for £1.5k! Chuffed to bits. Its taken 2 1/2 years though.

What I'm really surprised about though, is that as there is still an outstanding balance on the account & it is with their debt recoveries department, they have still given me a cheque & not taken it off the balance!

I'm not complaining though, I've got plans for it! Nothing exciting though, just college courses!

JC. x

I know we have quite a few successes and I don't know why they are not on here either JC

Congratulations and best wishes

IF...x
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

YAY Congratulations Jacobs!!!!! excellent stuff.

Yes we should start posting here again, as there's been some good successes since the last post lol, me for one have had quite a few lol!

Well done hun x

Comment

Hi
        I'll start the ball rolling. This was Pre AAD but ....... LTSB loan for £25,000; PPI for about £6,000. I was working 13 hours per week and had a Pre-existing medical condition, all in my sole name, after a major battle and complaint to FOS PPI repaid.
        Last edited by cymruambyth; 2 March 2013, 20:52.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Success number 2. Littlewoods extra care........ Taken out as a housewife with Pre-existing medical conditions. Following lots of help by di31 I received a refund of my PPI and a a payment for their incompetence.

Now battling Santander and Barclays.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Isn't anyone else going to post on his thread?
            Success number 3, house of Fraser/ GE/Santander. This was closed in 2003, I think, everyone denied knowledge but following prompting from Di I contacted the underwriters who are sending a cheque for over £100. I don't know if these sums are correct, but it's better than the £0 that everyone offered.

Comment

Success number 4 and unfortunately my final one. If only I had been able to afford all the PPI payments for the insurance offered I could be making a fortune!
              This is my thread on the Littlewoods cc underwrites by Woolwich, now Barclays. This was rejected by everyone who couldn't find any details despite my supplying statements. (This could be because the account was closed 10 years ago!). I eventually got in touch withBarclays CEO office where a very helpful gentleman ensured that my complaint was investigated by the correct department. They couldn't find the paperwork, but have upheld my complaint and I am awaiting a bank transfer.

Persevere, persevere and persevere! It may take time but it can be worth a few letters and some patience!,
              Last edited by cymruambyth; 15 June 2013, 10:46.

Comment

Well done Cym! Four successful claims, brilliant!

Comment

Well done from me too Cym

Comment

Not PPI but CPP - received a payment of £312 on Thursday, still £96 outstanding but will chase when this cheque clears. Absolutely delighted as I only wrote on a whim to begin with. Once again thanks to Niddy and Di for their help.

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                      Not PPI but CPP - received a payment of £312 on Thursday, still £96 outstanding but will chase when this cheque clears. Absolutely delighted as I only wrote on a whim to begin with. Once again thanks to Niddy and Di for their help.

Jane x
                      Here's to Jane, Niddy and Di

Comment

Absolutely happy to read the success thread.

Well done to everyone, great work also done by yourselves of course.
                        Congratulations!!!!

And its with pleasure to help all I can, cheers x

Comment

CPP is that card payment protection ?

Sure I had this covering a couple of cards back in the day when they'd let me have them Trouble is I can't remember how or why I had it

Comment

cpp was more a pay £x per annum to protect all your cards and also holiday emergency funds if you lost cards/keys etc

Pretty shit.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              cpp was more a pay £x per annum to protect all your cards and also holiday emergency funds if you lost cards/keys etc

Pretty shit.
                              Sorry should have quoted this post contents from tastyjane

"Not PPI but CPP - received a payment of £312 on Thursday, still £96 outstanding but will chase when this cheque clears. Absolutely delighted as I only wrote on a whim to begin with. Once again thanks to Niddy and Di for their help.

Jane x "

Was wondering if it was what I had which I think it was and what grounds Jane had to claim money.

Comment

Think this is what you are after. Have a read and should help

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=9790

Comment

Working...
                                X