GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods Extra care 500 insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods Extra care 500 insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods Extra care 500 insurance

A long shot, but going to give it a go anyway.

I no longer have a catalogue with these, and have not done for a few years now, but when I did have the catalogue they added the Extra Care 500 Insurance to the monthly statements, the payments varied every month, and I recall on contacting them by phone to ask why they added it and what it entailed.
    I cannot remember every detail, but I can clearly remember being told that because my limit was over a certain amount, it was an insurance that I had to take out.

I am researching on this one further, but if this is the same as PPI, sickness/employment etc, then it would not have been a suited policy to my requirements, as a homemaker raising children, then it's wasted money.
    Hubby was the only employed one, and he was not included on the policy.

However, there are no signed agreements for this either.
    I did come across a 2001 statement today, and have a few more here and there.

I understand they were not regulated, FSA/GISC etc and also found they were not under the Dispute Resolution Services either, or until 2003.

But you folks know me, nothing will stop me, I will try all avenues around this lol.
    Last edited by di30; 30 June 2012, 22:29. Reason: Spelling error

Re: Littlewoods Extra care 500 insurance

Originally posted by di30 View Post

I cannot remember every detail, but I can clearly remember being told that because my limit was over a certain amount, it was an insurance that I had to take out.
    That sounds like complete bollox.

If they were that doubtful about giving you a high credit limit, then they shouldn't have done it..... not charge you for the privilege. I have noticed similar on a catalogue account in the past but rang up and had it removed immediately, not retrospectively.... but the principles are the same.

Have you written to ask upon what basis this insurance was added during those years?

Go for it.... and good luck!
    Last edited by PriorityOne; 1 July 2012, 13:59. Reason: typo
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers hon, and yes exactly my opinion too LOL.

If only I'd known about PPI mis selling years ago

Going to give it my best, and I have been researching other boards here and there.
      Littlewoods are a tough nut to crack unfortunately, but that makes no odds to me, if I fought another unregulated business and won (even after a 4 year battle, I am stronger and more determined all the more this time round.

So look out Littlewoods, you do not know what's coming.

Comment

What I do know now is that the Insurer/underwriter at the time was Aviva.

And..........Someone was successful who had taken a catalogue out before me, they did not succeed directly with Littlewoods, but the insurer.
        However it did go as far as the FOS for this, and it was them that suggested the insurer and upheld, it did go as far as the Ombudsman, the adjudicator upheld but Aviva were not having it, so the ombudsman agreed with the adjudicators decision, so they had to comply.

And another thing too, my reasons are exactly the same as the successful winner for this one.
        There's hope yet, but I will of course have to go through the normal procedures of trying Littlewoods first and go from there.

The only issues I do have is lack of paperwork, I do have few statements from my last address 2001, may come across more, will try on the SAR, just not sure how far they will go back.
        Last edited by di30; 1 July 2012, 18:25. Reason: To add further info.

Comment

Hi I've just received a PPI Complaint Evaluation Form from Shop Direct Finance CoLtd, so I must be a few days ahead of you!
          I will start a thread in the next few days when everything calms down.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Hi I've just received a PPI Complaint Evaluation Form from Shop Direct Finance CoLtd, so I must be a few days ahead of you!
            I will start a thread in the next few days when everything calms down.

Great that will be fab honey, thank you.

Hope all is well with you xx

Comment

A few more statements found from mid 90's onwards, no cover was added until 2001 by the look of it, so although not a great amount to try to reclaim, but approx 2 years of it perhaps at most.

The payments they taken for this cover ranged from £7.49 plus a month.

Comment

I sent a speculative letter and their reply told me when it started, 1998 and the account was closed 2002/3. I have pointed out that I was a housewife and when I did start work it was for less than 16 hours plus I have asthma.
                I've survived so far despite major sibling grief, it's amazing how differently people remember things! Back home for Few weeks before I return to the foray!!!!

Comment

Similar circumstances to mine, then, Asthmatic, was diagnosed 1990 so way before I was sold this, and back then as my kids were still small, I stopped working to raise them, and they know I was a housewife, but did help out one hour a day at the school supervising, so that is 5 hours a week.

Hope all is well with you then hon x

Comment

I have just found my 'welcome to extra care 500' leaflet complete with summary of cover

Comment

I have just found my 'welcome to extra care 500' leaflet complete with summary of cover

Cool.
                      I don't even remember receiving one, when you have a few mins, do you think you can post some details of the cover please?
                      Thank you hon x

Comment

This evening I'll post points and then I will try to scan and attach.

Comment

This evening I'll post points and then I will try to scan and attach.

Thanks hon, only in your own time though, I know you been very busy, so there is no rush, cheers xx

Comment

'I currently work part time, will I be eligible for unemployment cover?
                            Yes as long as you are contracted to work 16 hours or more and have been the last 6 months. If you don't work 16 hours or more and your spouse does, this cover will then apply to him/her.'

General Exclusions include:
                            We will not pay benefit for disability, unemployment, death, hospitalisation, critical illness or merchandise cover resulting from any of the following:

5. Any physical or mental condition or disease which you knew about, or should reasonably have known about, at the start date.

Index Flexible Account is an agent of Norwich Union Insurance Limited

Comment

Brilliant, thank you.

My hubby was working but when off sick it was because of existing med conditions, so they would not have paid out anyway, and because I cannot recall on even receiving the info on this cover I would not have known what it was for either.

Cheers. x

Comment

Working...
                              X