GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods Extra care 500 insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods Extra care 500 insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Littlewoods Extra care 500 insurance

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Very good, if you don't mind I would like to play with that as part of my appeal when they reject my claim!

Yes please do.

Comment

On the part of the form where it asks why I'm unhappy with the insurance.....

I explained the cover was added to my statements in 2001, no documents received, or discussed, and that the advisers/firm should have discussed the policy with me before-hand in order to check if it was a suitable policy for me, and to have been given the opportunity to say NO, due to my circumstances.
      I added that I was a houseperson just receiving children's benefits, helped at a school for 5 hours per week, and listed my medical conditions that I have had since the 80's.
      I also said, I have been unfairly deprived of my money on paying for a product that was not suitable for me, and that it wasn't sold in my best interest.
      It just goes on..................

At the start of the further info, page 11 (before going on to another piece of my own paper as posted in above post) LOL.......

"I am aware the business were not Regulated by the Financial Services Association - (FSA), but were and are covered by The Financial Leasing Association - (FLA), and with that it was essentially important that the policy should have been sold with the current selling rules.
      It is very wrong for any business to automatically sell and apply products, such as Insurance without discussing the product before-hand, to ensure it was suitable. This applies to me, as it was not discussed with me, but applied to my statements automatically.

Just because it was then Non -Advised, and not authorised to give advice, or do not intend to make a recommendation, it should not assume that it did not in fact do so.
      I believe it was negligent of the business, or who was acting on selling the product/added the product.

Insurance products were and are covered by the Code of practice, this would include the FLA where advisers of practice are required to provide information before - hand to help us decide if the policy was suited to us.

Essentially advisers were required to cover the same points as they do according to current rules, and advisers within this business were not complying consistently with the sale procedures.
      The above should make no difference if it was Advised, Non Advised. Regulated or Non Regulated............
      Last edited by di30; 18 July 2012, 21:53.

Comment

Having trouble attaching this tonight, stupid puter lol!!
        So writing it in, although not all of it but the main of it......

Where the form asks on page 9, top part of the form...

Where the Sale Took Place...
        I did not sign up for the product, so not relevant to the question.

The information you were given before you took out the insurance..
        No information was given, the Extra Care 500 Insurance was applied to 2001 statements onwards.

How the cost, benefits, and terms of the insurance were explained to you...
        Nothing of the policy were explained to me.

The questions you asked before taking out the insurance...
        I did not have the opportunity to ask questions, because the business automatically added the cover.

Why you decided to take out the insurance....
        I did not decide to take out the insurance, but did contact the business who said it was adequate due to the balance on the account. So because of this I assumed it must be all part of the catalogue account, nothing of the benefits were explained to me at that point either. If they had, then I could have made it clear that it was worthless to me.

Comment

Impressive. The form from Littlewoods didn't get half as much informant from me.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Impressive. The form from Littlewoods didn't get half as much informant from me.

I'm sure it will be fine, and remember you can forward any further info to them at anytime, as soon as they provide you with the complaints/ref number.

Comment

Waiting for confirmation from these as well, so chased them up by email, but the usual receipt of acknowledgement with reference number to state an email will be sent within 6 working hours.......

So a waiting game now......

Comment

A shorter version PPI form/questionnaire came through the post yesterday (Saturday), now completed.

Very stupid though, because all my reasons are on the main FOS reclaim questionnaire and this basically asks more or less the same thing, but in shorter terms!

Comment

Checked the delivery status, and today they received the completed form, and the same person signed it as the previous one (reclaim questionnaire (FOS form) I sent.

Comment

As stated above, they received my reclaim questionnaire on the 1st August 2012 (Weds), yet today received another.
                    I have proof of the name who signed for it.

The thing is we have 14 days to send back the form, so hope they have not mislaid it, I kept a copy of the original one they sent with the ref number, and this one is a different ref complaints number, so it's possible they sent another by mistake.

Didn't something similar happen with your's as well Cym?

Comment

They are totally chaotic, they sent 2 forms with 2 different reference numbers on 2 different dates!
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They are totally chaotic, they sent 2 forms with 2 different reference numbers on 2 different dates!
                        Honestly though what are they like?

LOL, I've just emailed to let them know and even told them the name of the one who signed the previous form.

Also received an email the other day to confirm that the cover was added in 2001 and ended in 2003, ok just 2 years (about 35 payments that included the cover), they worded it as "Optional Extra Care 500 Insurance", but that soon adds up. That is telling me they still hold data of the account, well at least from when they added it, no sign of any payment taken out for the SAR yet though.
                        Last edited by di30; 4 August 2012, 18:04.

Comment

This have taken some time but today received a letter in regards of the SAR request.......

22 August 2012

REF: XXXXXXXXXX
                          Account Number *******

Thank you for your correspondence along with the statutory £10.00 payment required for us to provide information for a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998, to information which is being held by our company.

We are currently collating all the information and will contact you again shortly.

If we can be of any further assistance in this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us on Tel **** *** ****.
                          Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00 pm.

Yours faithfully

Data Protection Unit.

Comment

Hi, I'm away and a week behind inreceiving my mail, but as yetI have not received a reply tommy claim !

Comment

Hi, I'm away and a week behind inreceiving my mail, but as yetI have not received a reply tommy claim !
                              Good luck Cym, hope you receive some good news soon, fingers crossed.
                              Hope all is well x

Comment

Received a letter to confirm they are continuing investigation of the complaint and they aim to provide me with a final response by 19th September 2012.

21/08/2012

Ref
                                Account Number

Dear Mrs *****

Further to our letter of 27 July 2012 regarding your complaint in relation to your Littlewoods account.

I can confirm we are continuing with the investigation of your complaint and will aim to provide you with a final response by 19 September 2012.

If in the meantime you would like to discuss your complaint further, please do not hesitate to call us on **** *** ****

Yours sincerely

Customer Excellence

Comment

Working...
                                X