A Ha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Ha!

Thanks for pointing me in this direction Nid, I think this is definately where i'm going to start, with those template letters....boy i hope they work! Quick questions - should i sign these manually? and i assume it is best to start with the top letter, if this is correct i assume after the first month of hopefully having interest frozen, that i then send off the next one in the list? or do i just fire off my IE sheet and ask for a 3/6 month reprieval?

Many thanks again

Re: A Ha!

Send off I&E and ask for 6 months now. You need the long term guarantee really.

Best to sign digitally or get a mate to do it.... Just to be safe.

Best of luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Morning Guys,

Im going to fire off a letter to my credit cards today, just wandering if someone could advise as to whether my letter should contain more or less!

Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No xxxxxxxxx

I am writing to inform you that I am seeking advice and assistance regarding my current financial predicament, which does mean I am presently in financial difficulty. To this end, I would appreciate if you could hold any action on the above account for a period of 6 months while I get myself back up and running again. I am self employed and currently don’t have any work and just can’t afford to make these large interest payments.

I would like to propose a £50.00 payment towards this debt each month, during this period could you please freeze interest and/or any other charges that may be accruing on the account as additional debt will not help either of us, long term.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Comment

Have you had a look at these template letters Ask your Creditor to Accept £1 Payments for 6 Months
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
          Have you had a look at these template letters Ask your Creditor to Accept £1 Payments for 6 Months

Morning, i have seen this but as i don't want to enter into a dmp yet as i would have to include all my debt, really just want the credit cards to give me some breathing space, surely they won't except token payments whilst im still paying my loans in full?

Comment

Originally posted by globalcrossings View Post
            Morning, i have seen this but as i don't want to enter into a dmp yet as i would have to include all my debt, really just want the credit cards to give me some breathing space, surely they won't except token payments whilst im still paying my loans in full?
            Use this one then > Ask your Creditor to Hold Action / Charges and change the 28days to 6 mounths
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Use this one then > Ask your Creditor to Hold Action / Charges and change the 28days to 6 mounths

Sorry to seem dumb, but what payments would i have to make if they accepted this, that was why i changed it a bit in my letter above, is it not a good idea to propose a payment then?

Thanks again

Comment

Sorry to seem dumb, but what payments would i have to make if they accepted this, that was why i changed it a bit in my letter above, is it not a good idea to propose a payment then?

Thanks again

Or you could add a bit in to offer payment ... Do you have any more debts ?

Comment

Or you could add a bit in to offer payment ... Do you have any more debts ?

Okay i am a bit confused now! So is my own draft letter above suitable to send off? The post after Niddy's

Yes i've got lots of debt, but i think i can manage these whilst i get back up and running just want some breathing space, if i cant get them to agree to it then i will go into a dmp

Comment

Okay i am a bit confused now! So is my own draft letter above suitable to send off? The post after Niddy's

Yes i've got lots of debt, but i think i can manage these whilst i get back up and running just want some breathing space, if i cant get them to agree to it then i will go into a dmp
                    Yes just send your letter off, then see what they say

Comment

another dumb question !!

Should i put my address in the top right corner?

Comment

another dumb question !!

Should i put my address in the top right corner?
                        Yes, you should always do that
                        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Thanks all, letters all sent off. Lets see what they respond with, should they not callaborate, I am hoping that two of these debts are uneforceable

Comment

Best of luck
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well its been 7 days since i sent the letters out, haven't heard anything as yet. Wonder if they'll just ignore me, bit like im doing at the moment, haven't paid one of the cards that is overdue its payment and its credit limit, simply cause i aint got no money. Just wanted to ask what you guys think should be my next move?

Comment

Working...
                              X