GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNW's UE Diary

I'm starting this diary off although I'm still very much at the info gathering stage yet having only had access to one of my credit reports so far. Some pleasing news on there though with regards to the date of most of my debts being pre April 07. I think only two were taken out more recently than this which I knew anyway.

I've still got to apply for my OHs reports to gather dates for his too - I'm fairly sure most of his are old too but won't break out the beer for a long time yet! A very quick run down of our joint debts (click the links to go to that debt, each opens in a new tab):
    • Barclaycard CC1 - £3162 - Sept 04
    • Barclaycard CC2 - £1900 - Feb 06
    • Goldfish CC - £14750 - May 98
    • Barclay Loan - £14300 - July 09
    • Barclaycard CC1 - £6720 - July 02
    • Barclaycard CC2 - £5700 - Jan 07
    • Hitachi Finance - £825 - May 10
    • Honda Loan - £3500 - July 09
    • HSBC CC - £7450 - Sept 94
    • Marbles CC - £9600 - Aug 03
    • MBNA CC - £8700 - Dec 06
    • Mint CC - £2710 - Dec 03
    • Natwest OD - £2181
    • Santander CC - £1512 - Jan 07

Total today stands at £82,985.22

So you can see, we're in this mess pretty deep. But now we've finally taken our heads out of the sand we can begin to sort things out and move on.

All creditors have been sent token £1 payments for the past 4 or 5 months, some have grumbled hugely, others less so. I've only spoken to one (when I answered my phone by mistake ) but I refused to go through the data protection procedure so that call didn't last too long We've had a door step visit from one already, but whoops I mustn't have heard the door bell. Shame I missed him

Most (possibly all now) creditors have had the 'don't bother phoning me' letter, and those who've suggested Local Collection Agents may be the way forward have had the 'Don't bother, I don't wish to make an appointment with you' letter so things are relatively quiet just at the moment.

I've only very recently looked into the whole UE situation and think it may well be the (only) way forward for us. There are reasons that we can't file for bankruptcy, and other reasons that we can't apply for IVA. DMP would take us until we're around 250 years old so not really feasible

So that's why I'm here (sometimes I use 'I', sometimes 'us' - makes no difference, me and OH are in this mess together and will get out of it together. He doesn't have any say in the matter and does as he's told!!

Where did all that credit get spent? I've no idea. Not really. We've certainly not had flashy holidays, cars and clothes, we don't shop in Waitrose or M&S and we haven't frittered it away on the horses. Just general day to day living expenses that we never learnt to budget for, combined with the costs of renovating our ancient home, throw in a couple of teenagers who grew bigger and quicker than the beanstalk in Jack and the Beanstalk and there we have £80,000 worth of debt. I think the lack of budgeting skills was our worst enemy for sure - we both had completely the wrong attitude, if we had available credit then we saw that as having cash available to buy stuff. Sadly the credit never seemed to run out, I think we still had a good £5-10k left available when I finally came to my senses (thanks to the financial rug being pulled out from under me when I got laid off from my main job). Panic as to how we would feed the kids and pay the mortgage were the first thoughts, and it was only when I started reading info at other forums that I realised that kids and mortgage came first - unsecured creditors could wait. So wait is what they've done.

So thats my/our story so far, I have maybe waffled a little so well done if you got this far - I find writing quite therapeutic so will have to make sure not to waffle when I do post all of my info in separate posts

The next thing I need to do is to send a CCA request to all creditors as none have had those so far, so I'll be off now to look for the correct template for that.
    Last edited by DNW; 6 October 2017, 17:15.

Re: DNW's UE Diary

Here you are CCA Request
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As an aside and quick observation; several of those debts will be dodgy. Marbles, rarely provide a cca due to all the movement and barclays/Lloyds will mess up as will mint. Depends on lots of factors but those lenders usually mess up so keep heart ok?

Get cca's and then update your debts with details and we'll help sort this for you. Obv if you send a cca; you need to cease all payments so will get defaulted (part of plan ie a good thing)....

Best if luck
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks I2D, saved me a bit of searching! Not that I'm lazy really..

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        As an aside and quick observation; several of those debts will be dodgy. Marbles, rarely provide a cca due to all the movement and barclays/Lloyds will mess up as will mint. Depends on lots of factors but those lenders usually mess up so keep heart ok?

Thanks Niddy, I'm really not stressed about it at the mo - I was more stressed when I was keeping up minimum payments and robbing Peter to pay Paul each month, but now I'm not paying them it's like a huge weight got lifted off my shoulders

Which is/maybe associated to Lloyds? I've got money in a Lloyds account and don't want them setting it off...

I've been working on the defaults Most have now sent a default notice, although we're still waiting for a couple and only 1 is actually showing as defaulted on the credit reports yet.. but I'm sure they'll be on there soon enough

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to trashing my credit rating, it took years for me to tidy it all up when me and my OH got together after he brought debts and bad history from his previous marriage - and now I'm trying to undo all that hard work as quick as possible

Comment

Looks like you got into debt the same way as me and Mrs RTB! Although your debts do trump our meager £55k.

Will be interesting see how your diary progresses, hopefully with successes!

Comment

Get a parachute account ASAP away from any bank you owe to. Also get that cash out of Lloyds - mint is also part of same group!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Get a parachute account ASAP away from any bank you owe to. Also get that cash out of Lloyds - mint is also part of same group!
              Is Mint not part of Natwest ?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We moved day to day banking to a co-op basic account, but I also opened Lloyds account for other bits n bobs - I thought I was safe with Lloyds as Mint is part is RBS - are Lloyds linked with them as well?

Also, should I stop the token £1 monthly payments now that I'm requesting CCAs?
                Last edited by DNW; 11 August 2011, 18:47.

Comment

The main thing DNW is that you are now here. I went around the forums initially, got banned from one for telling the truth and left another because they are actually pro creditor and pro DCA. Here you will find consistent tried and tested methods to deal with these troubles and the guys will be dead straight. If its enforceable they will tell you, BUT unlike many others who will tell you to cough up you filthy debtor, here at AAD there will be support to minimise the pain and get you through it at least cost to yourself and your family. Most of us have been there or are there with you.

On top of which you will have noted that we have a laugh and a joke and poke a little fun at one another but abuse of any other member, again unlike the other forums is not tolerated and is dealt with immediately by our senior moderators and Niddy.

regards
                  Garlok

(really the best thing is the smileys)

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
                    We moved day to day banking to a co-op basic account, but I also opened Lloyds account for other bits n bobs - I thought I was safe with Lloyds as Mint is part is RBS - are Lloyds linked with them as well?

Also, should I stop the token £1 monthly payments now that I'm requesting CCAs?
                    Yes stop paying.
                    Mint linked to RBS
                    Lloyds linked to BoS Halifax which is HBoS

Comment

Welcome aboard DNW let's hope that you can start waving and stop drowning.
                      Good luck with your UE journey, It can be a bumpy ride but you are in safe hands,
                      Regards
                      Rhinoman.
                      The DCA Vultures are circling above, But the Rhinoman isn't dead yet !
                      He's just sharpening his Horn for the next round. Bring it on !

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        Is Mint not part of Natwest ?
                        Yea rbs Thanks for correcting me.

Sorry

Long day

Comment

Niddy gets a slap

Comment

Niddy gets a slap
                            Niddy deserves a slap for creating that moment of panic in my sea of calmness world

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
                              Niddy deserves a slap for creating that moment of panic in my sea of calmness world
                              Duly accepted *bows head in shame*

Ok, Lloyds is part of HBOS as you know however nothing you have would link, let alone qualify for RoSO. Also, as they both operate as separate entities, not like 1st direct/HSBC or smile/coop - as these are parents of, there is no possibility of RoSO as that'd be like barclays asking HSBC to set off

So you're safe with Lloyds based on accounts listed in post 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X