GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
    Update:

Letter received in response to my 'I'm not signing':

Do I need to send them anything?
    Send them this--> Unenforceability Templates - Section 3

Comment

Perfect, thanks. I''ll get that off to them tomorrow.

Comment

Perfect, thanks. I''ll get that off to them tomorrow.
        Nice one, keep us updated - usually we have a template for each link in the chain as we've seen them and the same processes used many times before.....

Just keep us updated, if they still demand a signature then they're in breach of your s.78 and cannot enforce - you've given them ample opportunity to respond.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

All has been relatively quiet for the last 3 weeks or so, but I've an update that I could do with a bit of assistance with please...

Honda Finance

Code:
          Name                     - Honda Finance
          Type of account          - Loan
          Date commenced           - July 09
          Approx balance           - £3,500
          Date last paid           - Mar-11    
          Arrangement/not paying   - Token Payment
          Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd) 
          Account owner            - Lender

Key:
          Them
          Me
          Other

Activity
          1. 11/04/2011 Unable to suspend further account action
          2. 12/04/2011 DD cancelled letter received
          3. 15/06/2011 Default notice
          4. 17/06/2011 Notice of arrears
          5. 07/07/2011 Agreement terminated
          6. 17/08/2011 CCA Request sent
          7. 27/08/2011 CCA received and sent to Niddy via secure section
          8. 31/08/2011

UPDATE:

The attached letter has been received today and I admit to being a little concerned about the words 'Monetary Judgement'. This is an enforceable debt so I'm not quite sure what to do next. They (Wragge & Co) say in this letter that Honda wrote to us on 5th October but the last correspondence we received was the CCA on 27/8

Thanks to my dearest and much appreciated mother, we are in a position to offer F&F on this if necessary, but if I can delay (and therefore receive a better settlement), this would obviously be preferable.

Any advice would be much appreciated
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi DNW if you are in a position to offer f&f I would start at say £400 that might give you a bit of time untill Niddy gets back.......
            Not my strong point i'm afraid
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Dfinitely a good idea to show willing to try to settle or show that you're willing to come to an arrangement, as these people will carry out their threats. Obviously you could do without a CCJ.

Comment

Do you think it's worth me writing to them and pointing out that we've not received the letter from Honda?

Or will this just waste valuable F&F correspondence time rather than delay proceedings?

Comment

Honda do not need to send you a letter, they have instructed legal representatives to act on their behalf. Which is exactly what Wragge and Co are doing. If its really enforceable as has been suggested you need to come to some arrangement to settle this. They will pursue you. Wragge & Co are a highly respected and large family owned practice in Birmingham and are not known for playing shenanigans like most of the DCA type hangers on.

However always keep things in writing via Royal Mail, do not be tempted to telephone or e-mail.

Garlok

An F & F offer is probably a good way to start buying some time. Start at 10% (about) as I2D has said, at the very least if htis gets to court there is a trail of reasonableness from your side.

Comment

Thanks for the background info, I'll get onto it as a matter of urgency - Is this the first letter I should send? Starter Test F&F Settlement Template

Comment

yes that's a good start DNW and see where it takes you. That letter contains all of the salient points as approved by the site here.

Garlok

Comment

HSBC

Code:
                        Name                     - HSBC
                        Type of account          - Credit Card
                        Date commenced           - Sept 1994
                        Approx balance           - £7,453
                        Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                        Account owner            - Lender

Key:
                        Them
                        Me
                        Other

Activity
                        1. 05/04/11 DD Cancelled letter
                        2. 13/04/11 Confirm receipt of I&E but will not act as unsigned
                        3. 24/06/11 Letter warning soon to be defaulted
                        4. 09/07/11 Letter warning soon to be defaulted
                        5. 24/07/11 My letter - request interest freeze
                        6. 26/07/11 Default notice
                        7. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                        8. 03/09/11 Final demand for payment received (ignored)
                        9. 12/09/11 Letter received - we might send bailiffs or get CCJ (ignored)
                        10. 23/09/11 Letter received - would you like to make a F&F settlement? (ignored)
                        11. 27/09/11 Letter received - we would offer a 35% discount for F&F if you'd like to take us up on the offer? (ignored)

Quick question with regards to this one - I've ignored their offers of F&F as I'm very much expecting it to be unenforceable, but should I respond telling them to sod off until they respond to my CCA request or is it in my best interest that they've not even acknowledged it? I've been getting quite a lot of (unanswered) phone calls off them again the last couple of days so I guess they're getting desperate.

Comment

Quick question with regards to this one - I've ignored their offers of F&F as I'm very much expecting it to be unenforceable, but should I respond telling them to sod off until they respond to my CCA request or is it in my best interest that they've not even acknowledged it? I've been getting quite a lot of (unanswered) phone calls off them again the last couple of days so I guess they're getting desperate.
                          Just ignore.... there still in default of your CCA request
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclaycard2

Code:
                            Name                     - Barclaycard Gold Master
                            Type of account          - Credit Card
                            Date commenced           - Feb 2006
                            Approx balance           - £1900
                            Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                            Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
                            Them
                            Me
                            Other

Activity
                            1. 15/04/20 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
                            2. 13/05/11 Credit limit reduced
                            3. 15/05/11 Late payment letter received
                            4. 24/06/11 Late payment letter received
                            5. 07/07/11 Mercers - Default notice
                            6. 17/07/11 Mercers - instructing local collector
                            7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
                            8. 26/07/11 Letter from Power2Contact acting OBO Mercers
                            9. 01/08/11 Doorstep visit from P2C - unanswered
                            10. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                            11. 05/09/11 Acknowledge CCA request
                            12. ******* update below *******
                            13. 12/10/11 Recon CCA received
                            14. 13/10/11 Barclaycard T&C rec'd
                            15. 15/10/11 Letter from Mercers (dated 03/10) - 48 hour notice before passing to local rep (ignored)
                            16. 15/10/11 Letter from Calders (dated 10/10) - 7 day notice before passing to local rep
                            17. 19/10/11 'Don't Visit' me template to Calders in reply Templates - Harassment

I received a recon CCA from Barclaycard for this account today - should I upload to secure section for when Niddy returns? Or wait til he's back and then upload? That's assuming no one else wants it in Niddy's absence?
                            Last edited by DNW; 19 October 2011, 09:18. Reason: updated quote

Comment

I received a recon CCA from Barclaycard for this account today - should I upload to secure section for when Niddy returns? Or wait til he's back and then upload? That's assuming no one else wants it in Niddy's absence?
                              Wait till Niddy gets back & do it then......It can wait a week

Comment

Thanks In2

I bet Niddy dreads coming back!!

Comment

Working...
                                X