GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DNW's UE Diary

Thank god for that, I love my daily dose of Lloyds online, co-op online just doesn't do it for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      As an aside and quick observation; several of those debts will be dodgy. Marbles, rarely provide a cca due to all the movement and barclays/Lloyds will mess up as will mint. Depends on lots of factors but those lenders usually mess up so keep heart ok?
      You missed MBNA out of that little lot!! - assuming its pre 2007 of course. Also if the Santander account is not new issue (last 18 months or so), this will also be MBNA
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        You missed MBNA out of that little lot!! - assuming its pre 2007 of course. Also if the Santander account is not new issue (last 18 months or so), this will also be MBNA
        Cheers matey - here's hoping eh?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Quick question before I send off my CCAs...

The most recent letters we've received for all 3 of the Barclays CCs have come from Mercers, and the Barclays loan has gone (account closed and balance transferred) to CDCS - should the CCA requests go to Barclays/card or Mercers & CDCS?

And do I need to do anything with the overdraft? I'm guessing a CCA is irrelevant on an overdraft?

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
            Quick question before I send off my CCAs...

The most recent letters we've received for all 3 of the Barclays CCs have come from Mercers, and the Barclays loan has gone (account closed and balance transferred) to CDCS - should the CCA requests go to Barclays/card or Mercers & CDCS?

And do I need to do anything with the overdraft? I'm guessing a CCA is irrelevant on an overdraft?
            Yes send off to Mercers & CDCS, and overdrart is cca exempt.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

Send to whoever owns the debt, however regards o/d this is exempt so either ignore it for now and add to any possible dmp at the end, or start making offer of repayment - however its best to be defaulted so consider cessation of payments for the moment, I would
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

We're working on the default... The OD is only £70 short of Natwests default limit (apparently they'll default when the balance gets to -£2250, and with daily fees of £6 racking up nicely it shouldn't take much longer

Off to mail merge my CCAs now

How do you know who owns the debts? Mercers are part of Barclays, so I guess Barclays still own that? And the loan has been 'passed to' rather than bought by (according the letter) so is that still owned by Barclays?
                Last edited by DNW; 16 August 2011, 10:57. Reason: Added Q

Comment

Hi DNW

Good to catch up, see you are being well looked after with good advise. Send off your CCAs and sit back and have a coffee, I would send the Barclaycard ones to Mercers, as its actually the same thing, a couple of desks along, same with Calders where all the BCs will go next. its a big scary tactic to intimidate and frighten you, pathetic ain't they?

Comment

We're working on the default... The OD is only £70 short of Natwests default limit (apparently they'll default when the balance gets to -£2250, and with daily fees of £6 racking up nicely it shouldn't take much longer
                    Nonsense, they default you after 90 days with an overdraft, normally. Who told you this about the limit? Its not up to them when they issue a DN, its when the account lawfully WAS defaulted.

Comment

Nonsense, they default you after 90 days with an overdraft, normally. Who told you this about the limit? Its not up to them when they issue a DN, its when the account lawfully WAS defaulted.

Some woman at the bank that my OH spoke to (on the phone, not in writing )... said that it would be defaulted when he went so far over his agreed OD limit

Comment

Some woman at the bank that my OH spoke to (on the phone, not in writing )... said that it would be defaulted when he went so far over his agreed OD limit
                        Nah, it gets defaulted after 3 consecutive months of ignoring them and non payment into the account, definitely by no longer than 6 months in line with ICO / OFT Guidance.

Comment

Well there's been nothing other than £4 in token payments been paid in since March, so either way it shouldn't be too far off defaulted

Comment

Well there's been nothing other than £4 in token payments been paid in since March, so either way it shouldn't be too far off defaulted
                            Stop altogether now - nothing else to be paid in.....

Comment

Stop altogether now - nothing else to be paid in.....

Comment

I've still not quite got these CCA requests sent off yet, I keep thinking of more questions I have got them all printed out though!

I don't really want to spend out on postal orders unless I have to, and I have a few cheques left from a Barclays current account which I could easily chuck the cash in to cover the cheques for when they clear in the account, but is it wise to do this as quite a lot of our debts are with Barclays, will they see the £13 clear into the account and immediately off-set it or is that a longer process? They've not taken the £3 odd that is left in there so far

Also, I know all letters I'm sending are digitally signed, but what do I do about cheques? With most of them, I can sign the cheques that go with OH's requests and vice versa, but we both have accounts being dealt with by Mercers and also Egg so it it best to get postal orders for these ones?

So many questions, but at least for once I'm thinking before doing!!

Comment

Working...
                                X