GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
    Thanks I2D, sorry, I meant I couldn't find the account sold whilst in dispute, but had looked all through from the F&F section right through to the FAQ

So it's the account sold whilst in dispute one I'm looking for, the one Dopey said to send.

Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
    Account Sold whilst in Dispute
    Send them both
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi DNW,

Here is account sold in dispute template:-

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=445

its all in Unenforcability Templates section 3. However in this instance I would do as I2D suggests with Mercers. They are and will be a pain particularly on the 'phone. Discuss nothing at all with them, tell them in writing only and put the phone down. No security nothing. They will still be ranting when you put the phone down but they will slither off. Whne they hotted up their campaign aginst us I used to tell them to bend over and stick their head up their own backside as they would speak less bovine excreta that way. Another retort is to tell them to go to an adult and get them to come to the phone whilst they get their nappy changed.

Its all relative as to just how much you want to annoy them. They can DO NOTHING, they have NO legal powers and as they are a dormant company not allowed to particpate in any commercial activity whatsoever, evry phone call they make, every letter they send is unlawful. Their default notices (big red ones) are useful because they are defective usually (not seen a good one yet) which you can then use to to tell the next level of thuggery (Calders) to clear off as impolitely as you like.

The doorstep crowd will be Power2Contact and all you need to do with them is send the "Doorstep" letter and have the garden hose or a big dog ready and they will clear off and not come nigh nor by again. Niddy hates them and one day AAD will flush them down the sewer I promise. Threatened a number of times but they won't risk coming here after one of my specials was sent recorded delivery.

Don't be fooled into signing anything by the way. It is not necessary. Templates are available

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Thanks In2 and Garlock, I'll get that sent out.

I've no intention of talking to these muppets either on the phone or doorstep. We've had a visit from P2C already about one of the other barclaycard accounts and I just left the guy standing on the doorstep in the rain for as long as he wanted to carry on waiting for me to answer!

I've had a few letters now that must be really IMPORTANT and most definitely URGENT as they've used bold font and caps.... Like that's gonna make me take any more notice of them

Oh and I most definitely won't be signing anything, if they don't already know what my scrawl looks like then they won't be finding out from me

Comment

Waiting to see what Niddy says about the CCA on this one, but just as an aside, should they have sent me anything if they've told me they can't action my request without a signature?
          This is good, sorry but it is enforceable - am gobsmacked at that, but for once they seem to have it right. Everything is there, in format, detailing the terms with your siggy at the base.

Sorry
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No worries, it can go on the 'I'll get round to paying you when I really have to pile' !! Thanks for checking it

I don't suppose the fact they said they couldn't deal with my request without a signature and then sent it anyway will hold any clout with them when it comes to holding the dogs off will it?

Comment

I don't suppose the fact they said they couldn't deal with my request without a signature and then sent it anyway will hold any clout with them when it comes to holding the dogs off will it?
              Nope cos the fact they asked for the signature was a breach, the fact they sent the info brought them out of the breach and actually rectified things as a siggy is NOT necessary to comply with s.78
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okey dokes, makes sense. Thanks for explaining

Comment

Taking on board the signature request explanation, I'm wondering whether I should just ignore Hitachi's letter saying that they can't deal with my CCA request without a signature? I was going to send Unenforceability Templates - CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor but haven't actually got round to it yet.

(Hitachi Capital - Loan - May 10 - £825 - In Arrears (DN Rec'd))

I'm sure should they send the CCA it will be enforceable due to the very young age - but is it enforceable while this request is still outstanding? Is there any point in me spending £1.50 on postage to tell them that I'm not going to sign anything?

Comment

Taking on board the signature request explanation, I'm wondering whether I should just ignore Hitachi's letter saying that they can't deal with my CCA request without a signature? I was going to send Unenforceability Templates - CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor but haven't actually got round to it yet.

(Hitachi Capital - Loan - May 10 - £825 - In Arrears (DN Rec'd))

I'm sure should they send the CCA it will be enforceable due to the very young age - but is it enforceable while this request is still outstanding? Is there any point in me spending £1.50 on postage to tell them that I'm not going to sign anything?
                    I would still send that letter , then see what they come back with
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, will do. I better make sure I do actually send it this time then

Comment

postage should be £1.23 not £1.50

Comment

It was near enough I rarely send a single RD letter, I've usually got a pile of around 14 to send at a time.... Besides, it's more than a pound and less than £2 so I rounded it up!

Comment

Hitachi Capital
                            Code:
                            Name                     - Hitachi Capital
                            Type of account          - Loan
                            Date commenced           - May 10
                            Approx balance           - £825
                            Date last paid           - Mar-11    
                            Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                            Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd)
                            Account owner            - Lender

Key:
                            Them
                            Me
                            Other

Activity
                            1. 13/04/2011 DD cancelled letter
                            2. 14/04/2011 Refuse £1 and will default than pass to Recovery
                            3. 09/06/2011 Arrears Notice
                            4. 12/07/2011 Default notice and now passed to Recovery
                            5. 12/07/2011 Discount offer rec'd - 30% of £825.91 (£247) within 14 days
                            6. 24/07/2011 My letter - counter offer £150
                            7. 27/07/2011 Letter rec'd - £150 refused
                            8. 17/08/2011 CCA Request sent
                            9. 27/08/2011 Letter from Hitachi refusing request for as my letter was unsigned. My letter returned to me for signature.
                            10. 14/09/2011 Returned my original letter to them and sent 'I don't need to sign anything'

Update:

Letter received in response to my 'I'm not signing':

"Regarding my receipt of a letter dated 14/09/11 and sent in your name; I apologise if I have not made my position clear previously.

We activated a contract based on verified information, including a signature and proof of identity, that you live at the above address. We consequently sent letters to you at the verified address.

The letters I have received in your name making a request for information do not bear your signature and therefore I cannot compare the signature with documents already in our position to verify that you have made the request for information. It is therefore not possible to establish beyond reasonable doubt that you have submitted a request.

I am not prepared to release information until I have a signed request that I can validate."

Do I need to send them anything?

Comment

Yes, send this template

Unenforceability Templates - Section 1 Demand of Signature by Creditor

Comment

Originally posted by Fribourg View Post
                                Thanks, I sent them that exact letter last week though

Comment

Working...
                                X