GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elsie52's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elsie52's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elsie52's UE Diary

Hi everyone,

This is me and OH's story in a nutshell. We are 58 and 60, been married 40 years next year. Never lived life to the full, well not with material things anyway. Have a 9 year old car, rented accommodation, no highlife here.! Several years ago we started having financial problems due to ill health, I had to give up a well paid job, and stayed off work for a year, using savings to replace my salary........why didn't I go on long term sick....don't know the answer to that, I suppose I could have quite easily, but having never been unemployed or claimed sickness benefits etc, I never thought of it.!

2008 went on s DMP and after paying back £40k, then realized that creditors were still charging ridiculous amounts of interest and had no intention of reducing or stopping. The turning point for me came when one of our creditors, who we owed £500 to, said that they would be charging £8 interest out of a £15 payment per month.!! LTB are responsible for me deciding that enough was enough.

We had 10 creditors, and have CCA'd 6 of them and all 6 are :UE so far......we owed those creditors £41k and its thanks to Niddy and his support that we are here. We now have money to live on, pay our way, save for our retirement, and also save for the day, if it ever comes when any creditor finds a CCA agreement that Niddy says is enforceable.

Will update each creditor later.

Re: Gypsy's UE journey

lovely shiny new diary Gypsy (I'm getting very confused, that's three different names, what do you really want me to call you????

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey
      lovely shiny new diary Gypsy (I'm getting very confused, that's three different names, what do you really want me to call you????
      I was only ever Elsie on Mse and Bankruptcy site, plus you know my real name, so you can all me whatever you like Dopey....I could be Gypsy Elsie.....omg the image it conjures up.!!

Comment

you're determined to get one of those off the shoulder gypsy blouse things, aren't you? Guess I'll be dopey for ever more, although i am trying to be less dopey!

Comment

Hello ;Hi1
          just posted my diary woopie no help needed to do it arent i a clever nanna? 2

if you are a gypsy you could dance for some extra spondulies men will be throwing the coppers at ya. ;LOL ;LOL
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey
            you're determined to get one of those off the shoulder gypsy blouse things, aren't you? Guess I'll be dopey for ever more, although i am trying to be less dopey!
            Yep, I'll be looking around for just the perfect little number, perhaps the charity shop would have one, I bet Nanna could sort me out with a swirly skirt too.....sequins as well.

You could eventually be clever little Dopey, or Dopey Nomore.!!

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58
              Hello ;Hi1
              just posted my diary woopie no help needed to do it arent i a clever nanna? 2

if you are a gypsy you could dance for some extra spondulies men will be throwing the coppers at ya. ;LOL ;LOL
              Well done Nanna, I'm off for a read of it now.!

Comment

just spotted this smilie, so this is to all our creditors

ig ig

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy1
                  just spotted this smilie, so this is to all our creditors

ig ig
                  Nice find! I hope to be able to use that smilie myself very soon!!!

I read your story with interest - I think really you deserve your UE success - you've paid back a lot of your debts and for them to keep piling on interest seems ridiculous! Hope the last 4 go the same way for you.
                  Nuff says... "Don't take yourself too seriously!"

10 loans/credit cards - 3 confirmed UE, 3 recon/copy received, 3 not received a CCA reply, 1 might be enforceable

Comment

Thanks enoughisenough, but the last 4 were/are overdrafts which are almost now paid off........yipee ;-y

I wish you luck in your journey, and as you say hope its not too long before you can use the smilie.,!!

Comment

It's so great to have some success stories on here! I'm pretty sure that there'll be a lot more in time, but when you are just starting out, it's so reassuring to know that you are doing the right thing!!
                      Nuff says... "Don't take yourself too seriously!"

10 loans/credit cards - 3 confirmed UE, 3 recon/copy received, 3 not received a CCA reply, 1 might be enforceable

Comment

Re: Elsie52's UE journey

Good morning.

Postie has been and brought me a lovely letter from LTSB..........they would like to me to fill in an income and expenditure form and reply within 14 days or they will make arrangemements to recover the oputstanding money owed.!!

Let me sit and think awhile......no don't think I'll be doing that.! ;N

Naughty LTSB ;Spank

Comment

Elsie - ignore them dear! ;30
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52
                            Hi everyone,

2008 went on s DMP and after paying back £40k, then realized that creditors were still charging ridiculous amounts of interest and had no intention of reducing or stopping. The turning point for me came when one of our creditors, who we owed £500 to, said that they would be charging £8 interest out of a £15 payment per month.!! LTB are responsible for me deciding that enough was enough.

Will update each creditor later.
                            Yup same happened here Elsie,
                            i was paying on a DMP across 9 Accounts for the last 3 years of £300 p/mth.

BOS Was the biggest culprit for charging interest on my DMP as i could only able to pay them £36 p/mth out of my availability and they were charging me £80 p/mth Interest *Told them that they were Duh....* They explained that my arrangement plan had finished on the Due course of 1 year with them, and that i had not spoke to them about resetting a New plan, ([size=5]But got the Interest Bank dated for it - Last Year B4 i ever knew about UE / entered into it)...Since being made redundant, and trying to find work, i had to STOP me DMP in Feb this year and they All came down like a ton of Rubble, Now they are on the UE Hit list and can't enforce it thanks to Niddy, UE, Everyone.....sit tight for 6 years now ;;3
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya Scorpio

I wonder how many of our creditors would have re thought things had they known that we would eventually go down this route.

Lets hope the next 6 years goes without too much hassle.

Comment

Working...
                              X