GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elsie52's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elsie52's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elsie52's UE Diary

Received letters from Credit Solutions re Barclaycards 1 & 2. They have taken over our accounts and we need to pay up or else they will send the boys around etc, etc.

Sent them Account sold whilst in dispute letter and also threat of a doorstep letter.

So far we have been passed to Power2Contact, then Mercers, then Calders and now CS.....wonder who we will end up with.

Everything else is pretty quiet, we have been on the UE route for 9 months now and all is good for the moment.

Great new site, thanks Niddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52 View Post
      Hi Niddy.

Re LSTB and Apex.

Have not sent the above letter because this morning we received another letter from Apex saying that this account is now on hold, and they will not be contacting us. They have passed back to LTSB and await further instructions.........will wait and see what they come up with next.!!
      Nice one..... lets see eh?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Received letters from Credit Solutions re Barclaycards 1 & 2. They have taken over our accounts and we need to pay up or else they will send the boys around etc, etc.

Sent them Account sold whilst in dispute letter and also threat of a doorstep letter.

So far we have been passed to Power2Contact, then Mercers, then Calders and now CS.....wonder who we will end up with.

Everything else is pretty quiet, we have been on the UE route for 9 months now and all is good for the moment.

Great new site, thanks Niddy.
        Excellent, glad things are going ok for you right now...... keep us updated Elsie
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Excellent, glad things are going ok for you right now...... keep us updated Elsie
          hi there looks like there is a bit of a patten going on with barclays. done all that Elsie keep up the good work my UN jorney started in Oct 2009 all the best in 2 deep
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Morning Niddy.

Received letter back from CS in response to letters on the 15th January. This is what they say;

In your letter you state that your account is in dispute with our client as they have failed to compley with your request under the CCA 1974. In order for us to raise your dispute with our client we require more information regarding your request. We need to clarify the following:-

Whether you have or have NOT received any documentation from the client since your request was sent.

Whether you have paid the statute fee of £1.00.

If you have received a copy of your Terms and Conditions since sending your request to our client, then please note sending this documentation fulfills our clients obligation to provide you with copy agreements/applications under the CCA 1974.

If you have NOT received any documentation from our client, then please let us know by the 31st January and we will raise your dispute with our client. In the meantime your account will be on hold. However if we do not receive a response from you by that date we will resume collection activity.

They go on to say that they have removed our telephone number from their files, (they havn't been ringing us at all)

I can also confirm that Credit Solutions offers a doorstep collection service whereby field agents visit a property to discuss repayment of an outstanding amount. This is simply another option available to our customers to assist them in repaying their debts. In relation to field visits in subsection 2.12 of OFT guideleines doorstep visits must give adequate notice of the time and date of visit. The Armstrong v Sheppard (1959) case you quoted is dependant on each individual circumstance and only such order to refuse access can come from a Court and not from the individual.

We CCA'd this account in April 2010, nothing received at all. Account opened 1998.

Should we respond with anything, already sent doorstep visit letter and account sold whilst in dispute letter......or ignore.

Thanks Niddy

Comment

Morning Niddy.

Received letter back from CS in response to letters on the 15th January. This is what they say;

In your letter you state that your account is in dispute with our client as they have failed to compley with your request under the CCA 1974. In order for us to raise your dispute with our client we require more information regarding your request. We need to clarify the following:-

Whether you have or have NOT received any documentation from the client since your request was sent.

If you have received a copy of your Terms and Conditions since sending your request to our client, then please note sending this documentation fulfills our clients obligation to provide you with copy agreements/applications under the CCA 1974.

If you have NOT received any documentation from our client, then please let us know by the 31st January and we will raise your dispute with our client. In the meantime your account will be on hold. However if we do not receive a response from you by that date we will resume collection activity.

They go on to say that they have removed our telephone number from their files, (they havn't been ringing us at all)

I can also confirm that Credit Solutions offers a doorstep collection service whereby field agents visit a property to discuss repayment of an outstanding amount. This is simply another option available to our customers to assist them in repaying their debts. In relation to field visits in subsection 2.12 of OFT guideleines doorstep visits must give adequate notice of the time and date of visit. The Armstrong v Sheppard (1959) case you quoted is dependant on each individual circumstance and only such order to refuse access can come from a Court and not from the individual.

We CCA'd this account in April 2010, nothing received at all. Account opened 1998.

Should we respond with anything, already sent doorstep visit letter and account sold whilst in dispute letter......or ignore.

Thanks Niddy
              I'd just send a quick letter back saying yea, you requested the CCA back in April and heard nothing so in line with s.127(3) CCA1974 the account is, and remains, unenforceable until such time your request is acknowledged and sorted as per their guidelines within s.78 (CCA1974)....

Point is, regards to the visits they are wrong, if you tell them you don't want one then that's good enough for any court, the fact you have told them not to overrides anything they may "think"....

Comment

Morning Niddy.

Thanks Niddy
                Patronising shytebags!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                  Patronising shytebags!!!!!

Such a way with words.... you been taking lessons from Diddles or are you the one who taught her...

but TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU

xxxxx

Comment

I couldn't have expressed myself more eloquently Dopey.!!!

Thanks Niddy, your time is much appreciated. I will get a letter sent off to them over the weekend.

P.S. Think Dopey is making an excellent pupil Niddy, she is beginning to sound more like you every day...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo View Post

Such a way with words.... you been taking lessons from Diddles or are you the one who taught her...

but TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU

xxxxx
                      and to think that Dopey used to be such a quiet little thing..

Comment

What's that garbage in your letter about "if you've received a copy of the terms and conditions then they've satisfied your CCA request"???

Also, how come it's up to you to prove to a new collection agency that they haven't responded to your CCA - it's pretty difficult to send them a copy of something that you have never received!!!!
                        Nuff says... "Don't take yourself too seriously!"

10 loans/credit cards - 3 confirmed UE, 3 recon/copy received, 3 not received a CCA reply, 1 might be enforceable

Comment

hello elsie 52
                          my replies from from barclaycard are begining to come in just like yours,same dcas, same old story
                          good luck anyway ill watch with interest

all the best
                          alanstuart

Comment

Since when did t and c become cca s they must make up the rules as they go along.
                            big stick lots idiot whipping
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the messages guys, will keep you updated on the outcome.

Comment

Okay, been away for a week and just a couple of things waiting for us. First of all GOOD NEWS, Clydesdale have sent a letter saying that they canot locate our agreement, so they are not going to enforce. Yippee, and they returned our £1 PO dated April 2010. Will keep this letter in a very safe place for future reference if needed.

Barclaycard 1

Credit Solutions (aka Bloody Pain in the Arse).....

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...6025#post46025

Replied to this letter with a copy of our original CCA request and replied to their questions.
                                Letter received back from them dated the 24/1/11 saying that the account is on hold whilst they look into the matter.
                                Received letter from Power2Contact dated 24/1/11 saying that they have been instructed to visit us and collect monies outstanding.
                                Will send them yet another Threat of a Doorstep visit letter.

Comment

Working...
                                X