GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elsie52's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elsie52's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elsie52's UE Diary

There is no rush on this Niddy....they have credited the account with £25....not that it matters to us....'cos we're not paying them anyway.

Thanks for Marbles reply....

Comment

Hiya,

Ok send this to Marbles about the £25!
      • Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to the above numbered account and your recent letter to me dated 10th November 2010; the content of which has been noted.

First of all i'd like to draw your attention to a small factor, within the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines that clearly states so long as there is at least ONE avenue for contact; then a reasonable request for removal of a preference is a perfectly legitimate request. As you can see from events to date, each and every time you have written to me I have had the decency to respond and therefore when I asked you to cease calling, this was not just a request but more of a demand in line with the OFT Guidance. If you do not like this then I suggest you take the ruling up with the authority that created it. I have requested you cease calling me, and so long as I leave open a valid avenue for dialogue then you must honour this request so I hereby formally remind you to remove my "old" number from your systems as I no longer have access to a telephone and as such you must write to me, in order to get any response at all.

Now, on to the second part of your letter regards to the £25 that you have 'credited to my account'. This means little considering I am disputing the actual enforceability of the account and I hereby formally request that you send a cheque to my home address for this payment to satisfy my inconvenience - this is usually called compenation or an ex gratia payment; in any case it is rarely added to an account and I therefore request a cheque be made out to me and sent to my home address within the next 21 days. Failure to comply with this simple request will result in my complaining to the Ombudsman which as you know full well, will mean an instant £500 resolution 'fine' which is bonkers considering you've already made the offer to furnish me with £25 which I accept, in the form of a cheque.

I trust this clarifies matters, however if for any reason you're dissatisfied please feel free to write to me - i'll be only too pleased to respond. In the meantime I do look forward to receiving your compensation in the form a cheque.

Yours faithfully

Sign digitally
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that Niddy, I will get it printed and send it off tomorrow.......Will let you know the outcome. :banchat

P.s.......Love the new smilies.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52
          Thanks for that Niddy, I will get it printed and send it off tomorrow.......Will let you know the outcome. :banchat

P.s.......Love the new smilies.
          Cheers, it should also stop the calls as i've said you're not on the phone anymore which they have to respect! lol
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Morning Niddy.

Just a quick update and a confession.........The above letter you wrote for me re Marbles and the £25 is still in the bottom of my handbag.!!! I printed it out on the 27th November, ready to post on the Monday.....and then got the call to say my brother had died......it totally went out of my head.!! So I am sorry to say it hasn't been posted and I feel very ashamed that you did that specially. It seems too late to send it now, so I will just forget it.

Clydesdale Bank. Had a letter from Debt Managers saying that they have closed their file and passed this debt back to OC. This credit card is from 1985 and we've had nothing from them, so I expect it will be passed to and fro until they get fed up.!!

Nothing more, its been 8 months now since we sent off CCA requests and touch wood everything is quiet......hope it stays that way.

Thanks Niddy.

Comment

Elsie
              it looks like some good progress there on some of them Elsie
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

great progress Elsie, long may it continue!

Comment

Nice stuff Elsie.

p.s I wouldn't say it was too late to send the letter and would get it posted whenever you can.

p.p.s Sorry Nid, noticed a slight spelling mistake in the £25 compo letter where you missed out an s in "compensation". Not being pedantic, but i know it's better to get things spot on. :/
                  I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by billypre
                    Nice stuff Elsie.

p.s I wouldn't say it was too late to send the letter and would get it posted whenever you can.

p.p.s Sorry Nid, noticed a slight spelling mistake in the £25 compo letter where you missed out an s in "compensation". Not being pedantic, but i know it's better to get things spot on. :/
                    Totally agree mate, it's never too late to send the letter - as for spelling, don't worry cos everyone here should know that I always tell them to spell-check stuff before sending as I type the letters in the forum code and not in word so do not spell-check prior to uploading, only if I notice it or someone points it out to me... thanks mile

Never trust my letters lol, I do them too fast and they always need spell checking :yeah

Elsie, send the letter - it's not too late at all. gh

Comment

• Re: Elsie52's UE Diary

On that note - you should be able to get a phpBB plugin that will add "spellcheck" before posting.

Oh and don't tell me about writing mistakes. I go hammer and tongs when typing and 99% of times just submit without reading over. You will start to notice that i say "taht" alot instead of "that" lol
                      I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by billypre
                        On that note - you should be able to get a phpBB plugin that will add "spellcheck" before posting.

Oh and don't tell me about writing mistakes. I go hammer and tongs when typing and 99% of times just submit without reading over. You will start to notice that i say "taht" alot instead of "that" lol
                        haha - I do the same, my fingers go faster than my brain (or summat like that!)..... maybe best to stop hijacking this diary ooops!

Comment

Hey you lot.....Hijacking my diary.!!!

I do spell chweck befoer I send anyfink!!!. ...believe it or not I was trained originally as a secretary.....shorthand, audio etc......but I also type fast and post things on here without fully checking them, but would never send a letter without checking it first. :bad

I will re do the letter tomorrow and send it on Monday then Niddy.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52
                            Hey you lot.....Hijacking my diary.!!! .

Comment

Update on Barclaycard 1.

We have been with Mercers, Calders Financial and today received a letter from Calders saying that Barclaycard will be selling on our debt.!! Yipee.

No action necessary, will wait and see who contacts us next.

Comment

haha, yep - just wait and see who the next lucky bidder will be

Comment

Working...
                                X