GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard

Hello everyone and please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong place or am asking the wrong type of question..but here goes..
    I am in a financial mess and am trying to see through the dark clouds that impair my vision..my question is this..
    I have a Barclaycard credit card account that owes 2.5k and an Egg account that owes 2.8k
    I pay monthly £170 and find that only about a tenner of this reduces my balance..i really cannot afford to pay this really and definately anymore...what can i do ???
    I am thinking of defaulting and hope they sell on my debt so that i can pay the same monthly , knowing at least the balance is being addressesed or should i contact them...please help if possible
    Best Regards

Re: Barclaycard

When were the cards taken out.....date ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The problem you have is that utilising any methods from our forum will result in a tarnished credit file, you have two very small debts and personally if that is all that you do owe, I would not risk my credit rating. That's me, what you do is up to you however - but I'm just saying, it's not ideal as this will affect you for at least 6 years.

Is your credit rating currently half decent, ie can you get credit facilities? if so why not move the balances to a 0% card and then each £170 you pay clears £170 from the balance......

Just my observations
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, I was sent new cards in August 2010 so before then, am still trying to find out.

Comment

Thanks, my 6 years no credit is now ticking away, so i have no chance of a balance transfer.
          I defaulted on a MBNA account for 6 months, MBNA then sold on this debt (£500) .When i was contacted by the 3rd party they accepted my offer of £40 per month and told me if i made them an offer they would consider a reduced total amount to clear the debt...all this was interest frozen and all i was paying was the debt..hence my question on the Barclaycard/Egg cards...

Comment

Hi i defaulted maybe July (2011) last year on my MBNA card...I pay my Barclaycard?Egg cards by DD and since last june my Barclaycard account has risen from 2651.36 to 2671.54 even with paying nearly £70 p,m ..i cannot afford the extra £70 to them to put me in my 2600.00 credit limit..

Comment

Thanks, i am off to work now so will catch up later, thanks all for your help.

Comment

Is there anyone who could advise what to do ?

Comment

Can you please list your debts and give a brief overview such as

Type of account
                  Date last paid
                  Status/default etc
                  Balance

And a brief history. Then we'll be able to help more. Read this for full details ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you ..will do...via pm or forum response ?

Comment

On here but keep personal stuff off of course. So no names or account numbers etc.

Comment

At worst I would imagine it should be fairly straightforward to get all interest and charges stopped. Once you post up the requested information, you may find it gets even better.

Comment

Type of Account : MBNA CreditCard
                          Date last paid : 3/1/2012
                          Status / Default: paying minimum amount
                          Balance : £517.59
                          Account Start Date: xx/xx/xxxx

Type of Account : Barclaycard
                          Date last paid : 1/2/2012
                          Balance : £2,670

Type of Account : Barclaycard/Egg Credit card
                          Balance : £2600

Type of Account : Halifax Credit card
                          Date last paid : 2/1/2012
                          Status / Default: defaulted /3rd party to clear over balance now back with Halifax
                          Balance : £560.08

Type of Account : Virgin/MBNA Credit card
                          Date last paid : 15/1/2012
                          Status / Default: Defaulted/3rd party Experto
                          Balance : £440

Type of Account : HSBC Credit card
                          Balance : £100

Hope this helps, it is fairly accurate with statements i have
                          Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 3 February 2012, 10:09. Reason: cleaned up post

Comment

Hiya

Thanks for this - can you please go in and edit your post and where you see the new entry (Account Start Date: xx/xx/xxxx) - please add the approximate start date, or year that you opened the account....

Thanks

Comment

Thanks, will try..they are years old

Comment

Working...
                              X