Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capquest

thanks for creating this forum its very helpful

i have a capitalone debt which has been passed to capquest although only as clients it hasn't been sold on as yet.

I asked for a cca via capquest along with a postal order for 1 pound this has been returned along with a letter asking for my signigture. I am about to reply with the the letter saying its not required etc

As well as the above letter i also recieved a letter from HL legal Solictors saying they had been appointed by capquest on behalf of capital one informing me that full payment had to be made by 3rd october otherwise court proceedings may follow do i reply to this letter also ? I assume this letter has been sent in response to my cca request and they are trying to frighten me. They have given me the option of phoning them "capquest" to discuss things.

i also sent a letter requesting that i should only be contacted by letter and no doorstop visits would be acceptable. The phone calls stopped saturday. is this a good sign ?

thank you again for creating this forum its been a great help and i'm reading through the posts

Re: capquest

Originally posted by oldgrey
    I asked for a cca via capquest along with a postal order for 1 pound this has been returned along with a letter asking for my signigture.
    Send this to Capquest: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2306#p2306

As well as the above letter i also recieved a letter from HL legal Solictors saying they had been appointed by capquest on behalf of capital one informing me that full payment had to be made by 3rd october otherwise court proceedings may follow do i reply to this letter also ? I assume this letter has been sent in response to my cca request and they are trying to frighten me. They have given me the option of phoning them "capquest" to discuss things.
    Send this to HL Legal: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2318#p2318

i also sent a letter requesting that i should only be contacted by letter and no doorstop visits would be acceptable. The phone calls stopped saturday. is this a good sign ?
    Could be, but they rarely listen to our demands lol - so wait and see.....

Keep us updated. ;-y
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thank you i'll send the letters recorded delivery tomorrow

and i'll update when they reply

Comment

I'll be sending both letters recorded delivery tomorrow HL legal didn't actually give an address and said all communication must be made via the address in the letter which is capquest should i use that address ?

Today i recieved two more letters from capquest one was a income expenditure form which i didn't ask for and another letter was thanking me for getting in touch and that my contact details have been removed from there system. I think this is in relation to my letter informing them i didn't want doorstop callers or phone calls from them. Do i need to do anything about the income expenditure form.

many thanks

Comment

Hiya

Ignore the I&E form..... you aint planning on repaying the debt are you, so don't complete it... as for HL legal;

Address: http://www.hllc.co.uk/contact.php

They don't like giving customers their address, muppets - but they have to declare it as part of their code of conduct so easy to find lol....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

just an update regarding capquest

today i recieved a letter informing me my account had been put on hold for 28 days while they find the documentation its the standard stuff they send out.

Why they couldn't have done this with the first letter requesting my cca i have no idea. I'll update later when they write back.

Comment

just an update regarding capquest

today i recieved a letter informing me my account had been put on hold for 28 days while they find the documentation its the standard stuff they send out.

Why they couldn't have done this with the first letter requesting my cca i have no idea. I'll update later when they write back.
              Haha - cos they try and act clever then realise you know what you're doing so back down - muppets 1

Comment

Hi Oldgrey,
                I am having the same issue with Capquest, under the same circumstances. I am just sending the letter, regarding my signature, off to them tomorrow. I have a feeling this maybe a long drawn out process.
                Fancy some mutual support?

Comment

Originally posted by bomechina
                  Hi Oldgrey,
                  I am having the same issue with Capquest, under the same circumstances. I am just sending the letter, regarding my signature, off to them tomorrow. I have a feeling this maybe a long drawn out process.
                  Fancy some mutual support?
                  Good luck, just give me a shout if you need anything - they are quite easy to beat when you know how! Muppets 1

Comment

Hi a further update today i recieved from capital one a letter in it they say they have sent a reconstituted copy of your original agreement although not required under s78 i have included as part of the reconstituted agreement a scanned copy of the signed signature page of your orignal agreement. The recon agreement sets out the terms and your agreement and your name and address and when you enterted into the agreement with capital one on x date. they also have included a copy of the current agreement and a statment of account under s78. It is my signature so i guess that means its enforceable ?

Comment

ps hi bomechina thanks for the message hope things with you are well have you sent your letter off yet ?

Comment

not definitely, OldGrey, let Niddy see it on his email, doesn't sound as if there are any prescribed terms there.

good luck with it

Comment

thanks evenlessdopey love the profile picture lol the reply is much appreciated and thanks

I'll wait until Niddy pops on and says its ok to send it he's the one helping me out so don't want to offend him by sending emails i'm sure he gets alot of them to look over

Comment

Hiya

Its fine to email me but I already know it will not change the status, unless it is a complete signed CCA then i'll say it is UE - but email it me, use email address for agreements as shown in my signature and add your username so I know who it is that is emailing me

cheers

Comment

I'll email you it tomorrow thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                              X