GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script OH's Cahoot Flexiloan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OH's Cahoot Flexiloan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH's Cahoot Flexiloan

Many years ago, when hair was less grey, there were fewer wrinkles and a lot less pounds, all and sundry were throwing money at us. One such company was Cahoot who gave a Flexiloan and credit card following an online application in 2002, copies of which will be reaching Niddy in the very near future......

Financial meltdown began in 2003 and I have been battling loads of companies ever since. The account has been defaulted and visited a few DCAs (I may have offered payments in January 2011) but no payments have been made since 2008/9.

Santander has just written to OH to state that the account is being referred to Clarity Credit Management Solutions and 'our agent will be responsible for managing your account on our behalf, and where appropriate, will take steps to come to an amicable arrangement with you on the repayment of the outstanding balance.'

I am probably going to send a CCA request just to stall for time...

I will update as and when and plan my campaign following Niddy's comments on enforceability.
    Last edited by cymruambyth; 17 April 2012, 15:36.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: OH's Cahoot Flexiloan

These types of loans were weird if I recall - wasn't it kind of like an overdraft cum loan or something?

Can you please try and explain how they worked? Not seen one for a while but usually they're unenforceable so just want to remind myself (sorry lots going on and head not 100% with it)....

Thanks
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy thanks for having a look. The introduction paperwork says 'thank you for choosing to bank online with Cahoot' if I remember correctly you received a loan account of £xxxx, cheques and an additional cc. I have the introductory letters as well as the agreements that I have uploaded. I always assumed (in my ignorance that as I had all the paperwork that they were enforceable!
      Two copies were supplied, 1 to keep and1 to return with relevant proof of I'd etc.

What else do you need to know?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

CCA request sent in May,no reply yet. Regular answer phone messages from Ruth at Clarity.
        Phone letter sent, so they would like contact re payment. New letter reminding them of legal requirements etc, a variation of Niddy's excellent templates.

Comment

Clarity are now waiting for their client to supply the information required.....

Comment

If you've been waiting since May, it would seem that they might not have the agreement.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

They must be looking very hard!

Comment

Hi Cymru, I don't know if this applies to you, but it may be of interest: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...fter-rate-hike

Regards.

Fred

ps, hope I'm not out of order by posting this on here.

Comment

Thanks for the link, there is a thread about that on AAD. Unfortunately. It doesn't affect us as we had died financially before the rate hikes!

Comment

I am resurrecting this thread as Santander have sold a lot of Cahoot flex accounts to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd.

no payments have been made since 2008 BUT an offer to pay £10 pcm pro rata was made and accepted by Debt Managers in December 2010. No payments were made.

Help

Comment

Have hoist contacted you?

For the benefit of all - if they do write, start again as though it's a new UE account diary entry and send a cca request. Don't mess about with hoist - they're becoming the new Marlin....
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So far just a letter of assignment. Unfortunately, pre AAD in 2010 I wrote to DM Ltd and amongst other things stated 'I am in receipt of a signed copy agreement' ' I have contacted Santander for a SAR' and ' whilst waiting for this information I would like to make payments towards the settlement of this account ....... £10 and have enclosed a cheque'. The cheque was not enclosed and no payment has been made since 2008.

Comment

So you think it *might be* SB?

Send the SB template - let's see if they know about your offer 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Have hoist contacted you?

For the benefit of all - if they do write, start again as though it's a new UE account diary entry and send a cca request. Don't mess about with hoist - they're becoming the new Marlin....
                            Edit to the above - if it is SB (or at least it's been 6+ years since you last paid) then send the SB template, NOT the CCA template.

If they write back arguing acknowledgment within the last 6 years I'll help (with a template) to get rid of them unless it's impossible to blag any past acknowledgment.

Comment

Thank you for your help, I will post when I hear from them and will try the SB route

Comment

Working...
                              X