GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Direct legal & collections - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct legal & collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct legal & collections

Hi all,

Has anyone had any dealings with this DCA? The reason I ask is I have 3 debts from HSBC that were defaulted and sold on first to Moorcroft then Hillsden if I remember correct now these, I have been paying the debts through a DMP and the defaults to all 3 debts will fall off by November 2013.

As they will no longer show on my credit file if I was to drop the payments down to more like token payments is there a chance they would go for a CCJ or is it a good indication that they've sold the debts on there more than likely unenforceable?

The balance of each account stands at £3850, £186 & £1237

These are old debts and I don't exactly pay them much each month already

Thank you already for any advice.

Re: Direct legal & collections

Can you remember exactly when you took them out and what they were? I'm thinking if they were all from HSBC, one might have been an overdraft?

Your choice is keep paying for ever or check the CCAs and potentially go for UE which will take 6 years (or 5 if you live in Scotland)

Personally if it were me I'd check the CCAs and then try and perhaps offer a miniscule f&f for all three, but to get the best discount you'd probably need to stop paying for a while to concentrate their minds.

Have a read around the site and ask anything else you need to know.

Comment

The debts were all HSBC a personal consolidation loan a HSBC MasterCard and the overdraft from my currnet account.

They are really old and date back to around 2003 for the CC and 2006 for the Loan.

I did think id be in a good position to make cheeky F&F offers hence the reason I thought if I drop it down to token payments then go for the offers. I was just concerned they may go for CCJ's due to the balances.

Thank you.

Comment

ah the devils own - a consolidation loan

use this for the loan and the cc

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Request

a separate one for each account and use a postal order for the £1
        make sure that you sign digitally

read this for the overdraft

Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS

Good Luck

Comment

If I'm reading this right you just have one loan now with HSBC?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thought they were all separate accounts?

Comment

I believe they are? They show up as 3 seperate entries on my credit file? As one was defaulted slightly later than the other 2.

Comment

sorry that was me taking the piss about consolidation loans which ARE the devil's own work

so if there are three I would do the above

Comment

I'm thinking of taking that route, although I still have the original loan agreement to the consolidation loan, would niddy be able to tell from that if it was enforceable or is the idea to get the credit agreement from the DCA to see if what they have is enforceable?

Comment

Ive had quite a bit of dealing with DLC, they are quite vicious, they wont let up. they will keep the account until they get what they want.

Treat careful with these muppets, they do litigate.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ey_137 View Post
                      I'm thinking of taking that route, although I still have the original loan agreement to the consolidation loan, would niddy be able to tell from that if it was enforceable or is the idea to get the credit agreement from the DCA to see if what they have is enforceable?
                      Doesn't matter what you've got (although it's useful)
                      it's what they send you

get the CCAs off and then we'll we'll go from there

Comment

Yup Hillesden Securities and DLC one and the same they like litigation so get the accounts into dispute as soon as

Comment

Thank you all, ill get the CCA requests out and see what they come back with, hopefully not a lot and then ill make silly F&F offers to them.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                            Ive had quite a bit of dealing with DLC, they are quite vicious, they wont let up. they will keep the account until they get what they want.

Treat careful with these muppets, they do litigate.
                            When you say you've had quite a bit of dealing with DLC did you ever go through F&F settlement with them? I just wondered if you or anyone had an idea of what they'd likely accept are we looking at 50%+

Personally id rather just given token payments for the next 10 years as I cant be defaulted again only concern would be a CCJ

Comment

If you want to start with F&Fs I would be looking around 18/20%
                              wouldn't you rather not pay for 6 years than continue to pay?

Comment

Working...
                              X