GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script National Hunter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Hunter

Hey all,

I was very interested when I read the existence of the National Hunter database on this forum.

I am a little confused though, I would like send an "Advanced SAR" to see what, if anything, they hold on me.

The link to the Advanced SAR is broken though, so I went to the National Hunter website, where it states you need to send ID along with a SAR, which I am very unwilling to do!

How can I obtain this information without having to send ID? Also, is there a new link on here to an Advanced SAR template?

Thanks

Re: National Hunter

------------> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for that - obviously it would need quite a lot of ammendment as I've never held any form of account with National Hunter, lol!

However, would I still be able to aqquire the data without providing ID or a signature, seeing as they have never had dealings with me per se?

Oh, and is a SAR 40 day time-limit 40 days from the date they receive the letter, or 40 WORKING days from the date they receive the letter?
      Last edited by Shadow2981; 11 May 2012, 14:01.

Comment

dont send any template ---> Problems gaining credit

easy life see! However you'll not understand what they send as it's irrelevant if you have any other adverse credit (plus a waste of £10) because they data they hold is the EXACT same data you used when you last applied for credit.

that's what N Hunter is - it ONLY stores the data YOU provided when you applied for things.

seeing it will do nothing, as you already know what they hold cos you gave the data lol however, if you do send off for it, let me know when you get a reply and I will explain things
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ah, I thought there might be warning flags for fraud and things - and after the big hoo-haa I had with LloydsTSB I thought they may have put some kind of fraud warning/high risk type thing on there, or associated some or all of my details with potential fraud... because ever since they erased the record (as I reported fraud because they wouldnt give me account specifics to remind me of the account), and put the data back, supposedly exactly as it was - it made obtaining credit harder than before (Barclays withdrew my Platinum card, I have recently been declined a Barclays Initial card (even though I have an amazing internal credit rating within Barclays because of my bank accounts and loan) - and the pre-application check said I stood an 80% - 90% of being approved - so I applied, couldnt give instant response, application reviewed, and declined! I read that Barclaycard send all of their applications over to N Hunter, so I thought perhaps THAT could be what is screwing me over - I have a 3 year old default - and the rest of my credit is perfect...

Active (all over 3 years old, except loan and credit card, which both 1 year):

2 bank accounts, Vanquis card, Virgin Media utilities, o2 mobile, 1 loan

and a few closed accounts... I even got rejected by Capital One's bad-credit credit card...

(closed accounts are all settled and closed, not defaulted or anything - that default is the only real blemish)

Comment

N Hunter, layman terms!

---> N Hunter and CIFAS Warning - allaboutFORUMS

However, to easily describe it's functions....

You apply for something and whatever you put on the form is stored and sent electronically to N Hunter database which checks the data against previous applications to see if the core data matches. so assume you were being refused credit and you SAR N Hunter you may see a fake application on there (ie ID Theft) in which case as the data supplied would differ there would be a warning code alerting lenders to the differences in the last applications and the false one.

So the reverse, lets assume you apply to barclays and say you earn £20k and have worked at company ABC since 1990. They decline/accept you (doesn't matter) and then a year later you apply for a product with say HSBC. You state you earn £22k and have worked at company PQR since 1990 (lets assume company ABC merged into company PQR) - this would alert all future applications to the fact there is a material difference to the applications stored.

However, as you have a plausible explanation in that you got a £2k increase and the company ABC merged with company PQR then they'd remove the alert and also update all lenders of applications made since the alert was active, of the error thus allowing them to manually assess a new application.

However lets say you've a bad memory and just get dates wrong or think it's irrelevant, N Hunter will be catching you out and affecting credit apps BUT only with users of Experian as Equifax are not 100% linked into N Hunter yet (remember N Hunter is an Experian company - used to be MCL software!) so there are occassions when it'll not affect you regardless but when you're credit active you ought to always ensure the data is correct. It's best to apply for SAR of N Hunter info when you've made ONE application so you can see what the base data is then whenever you apply for anything else, use that as a format for remembering dates etc so you never get a N Hunter alert against you.

These alerts by the way are NOT an indication to allow a creditor to refuse credit, it is intended to alert the lender to investigate the application as it may be fraudulent. They are called 'Applicant Refer' which means, refer applicant back to manual review of application (ie the bank ought to do a manual assessment and not use computerised decision making software)! See this for details ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - N Hunter and CIFAS Warning

A change in job and/or address would not affect anything as it'd tally in a new application. Lets say you moved from company PQR to company XYZ and got a huge promotion of £50k - your new application to whatever bank would obviously show you're new at that employer based on the number of months worked there along with the new salary so it shows their exclusion system to pass this as a change of job.

Make sense?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow2981 View Post
              (closed accounts are all settled and closed, not defaulted or anything - that default is the only real blemish)
              Based on the above, that's not normal as a 3yr default wouldn't have that much of an effect...

I would SAR N Hunter....

---> Problems gaining credit

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to explain that!

One thing I could see as different, is that I was almost earning £40k combined (job £26k and letting out a property £13k) - however, I moved into that property very shortly after getting a new job for £27k, so lost a chunk of income.

Applications I made in the past may have the older earnings data, and newer ones my current salary.

That is what I mean though - I feel I am getting "abnormal" treatment from creditors (I got approved £900 finance when the default was fresh, just a month or two old, but didnt accept it in the end, then, a year later, got declined for £700 with the same company)...

My credit seems very adverse, and wrongly so, I am convinced something somewhere is having an outside impact on me.

There are no CIFAS warnings... I would be happy to send you my complete report if you would like to see for yourself exactly what I see?

No GAIN information either, no bankruptcy, IVA, CCJ etc...

And can N Hunter be received without the ID somehow? Is there a workaround I mean..?
                Last edited by Shadow2981; 11 May 2012, 15:07.

Comment

And can N Hunter be received without the ID somehow? Is there a workaround I mean..?
                  Hiya

You mention no CCJ/GAIN etc - that's only from an Experian report or whatever, CCJ's are held at Trust Online, you could have CIFAS data or you could have N Hunter.

You need to go direct to the firms to check... (each name below is a link - click to open each company)

CIFAS / Trust Online / N Hunter

Regards ID, no you must comply as they will not release data without it. Same goes for CIFAS. Remember these are Fraud Prevention Agencies and thus they MUST be 1000,000,000,000% sure they're dealing with the genuine person.

Apply for info from all 3 and let me see if you're happy with that and I'll pick up the errors etc immediately (if any exist)

Good luck

Comment

Should I write to Trust Online as it is only allowing me to input 1 address when I try to buy online, and in the last 6 years Ive had 3 (Uni, last home, and current home)

Comment

Should I write to Trust Online as it is only allowing me to input 1 address when I try to buy online, and in the last 6 years Ive had 3 (Uni, last home, and current home)
                      You do add multiple addresses -

To search the Trust Online registers, you need to give your full name, title and the addresses you've lived at that you want to search. (It's wise to search on any address you've lived at. Most of the registers cover the last six years).

Comment

I don't have/can't see an option to enter multiple addresses?

I click search, choose Individual, it allows me to enter one address, and the registers to search, and then takes me to payment page...

Comment

I don't have/can't see an option to enter multiple addresses?

I click search, choose Individual, it allows me to enter one address, and the registers to search, and then takes me to payment page...
                          yea, 1 payment = 1 search

sorry, if you have 8 addresses that equates to 8 searches mate.

The fee for a search of the England & Wales register is £4 per section - you just choose the section that is most appropriate for you. You can easily search across multiple sections or registers if you need to (e.g. if you've lived in Scotland and England). There are discounts for doing so. Two searches cost £8, three or more cost £10.

Comment

Yeah, I just phoned them and they told me the same thing - however, they did say if I have access to all 3 credit reports, and none of them show anything under the court sections, then I definitely wont have anything registered with them... so in their opinion the searches would be a waste of money - and I have 4 potential addresses!!

Comment

Yeah, I just phoned them and they told me the same thing - however, they did say if I have access to all 3 credit reports, and none of them show anything under the court sections, then I definitely wont have anything registered with them... so in their opinion the searches would be a waste of money - and I have 4 potential addresses!!
                              I disagree, not everything HAS to be registered with a CRA - it is OPTIONAL and most lenders do not use CRA's, they instead use Trust Online but for arguments sake, lets assume there are no ccj's and move on to CIFAS & N Hunter SARs....

then we'll know if it's worth wasting £14 on searches via trust online.

Comment

Working...
                              X