GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script National Hunter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Hunter

So I guess I will just SAR CIFAS and N Hunter...

IF there is CIFAS info, can I get it removed, or would the company who put it there have to do it?

Thanks

EDIT: And will I need a SAR for each address, or can I just put my entire address history into one SAR?
    Last edited by Shadow2981; 11 May 2012, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow2981 View Post
      So I guess I will just SAR CIFAS and N Hunter...

IF there is CIFAS info, can I get it removed, or would the company who put it there have to do it?

Thanks

EDIT: And will I need a SAR for each address, or can I just put my entire address history into one SAR?
      You send off just one SAR detailing each and every address you have lived at for 6 years - click the link above, it links to page telling you what to do and what they need

Yes, all INCORRECT data is easily removed.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        CIFAS use this ---> https://www.cifas.org.uk/secure/cont...s/SAR_Form.pdf
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I bit bullet and did court judgement searches on all 3 previous addresses - I didnt bother with my current address, only been there since October and would be more than aware of anything going on...

All 3 addresses came back "Nothing registered"

Thanks, I will SAR the other 2 now, will buy a coupla P.Os tomorrow and will get them sent off!

EDIT: Should I just send my card details for CIFAS as in the form you linked to, or would that be a silly idea for some reason?
          Last edited by Shadow2981; 11 May 2012, 15:57.

Comment

I bit bullet and did court judgement searches on all 3 previous addresses - I didnt bother with my current address, only been there since October and would be more than aware of anything going on...

All 3 addresses came back "Nothing registered"

Thanks, I will SAR the other 2 now, will buy a coupla P.Os tomorrow and will get them sent off!

EDIT: Should I just send my card details for CIFAS as in the form you linked to, or would that be a silly idea for some reason?
            send card details, I did, it's safe!

Comment

Ok, that is all sorted for CIFAS - I just need to photocopy passport and date the paperwork - hopefully send it Special Delivery tomorrow!

Any particular SAR template to use for N Hunter, as most templates refer to accounts held within the organisation..?

Comment

I could be missing something, but I cannot see o2 as a CIFAS member... not as O2, BT or any other name I am familiar with...

Which is curious, because during this LloydsTSB investigation, the person dealing with it phoned me up and advised me that despite me claiming I did not live at that address, he had spoken to O2 and they had confirmed that the address had links to my account on their system.

He told me he was able to obtain this information without breaching DPA because CIFAS members can share data in the case of suspected fraud. I rang O2 and made an enquiry, and was told that within 5 days somebody would listen to the call recording and see how the data was obtained and whether it was legitimately obtained or not... I never heard back from them.

Am I just being blind, or are O2 definitely NOT a CIFAS member?

http://www.cifas.org.uk/cifas_members

EDIT: I WAS BEING BLIND... TELEFONICA - its right there... DUH!
                Last edited by Shadow2981; 11 May 2012, 17:02.

Comment

Any particular SAR template to use for N Hunter, as most templates refer to accounts held within the organisation..?
                  I told you! Read the link - it tells you what to do! ---> Problems gaining credit

Howto obtain details of the information we hold about you*Your full name including any previouslyused in the past 6 years.
                  Your date of birth.
                  The addresses you have occupied during the last 6 years,with the dates you were at each address.
                  Payment of £10. Cheques or Postal Orders made payable toN HUNTER Limited.
                  Proof of identity.

Proof of identity is needed that clearly identifies or reconfirms who you are. This level of security is required to protect against fraud

Comment

Ok, SAR sent to CIFAS, and £10 P.O purchased ready to SAR N Hunter.

I do have a problem though... they want dates at each address... for my last 2 addresses, this is no problem. But for the previous 2 addresses, I had them running alongside eachother (with accounts registered at both) from 2001 - 2008. Reason being, I was away studying, and was frequently up and down the country at each address... If I mention this, would it pose a problem or cause a delay? I cannot be specific on dates, I was permanently on the electoral register at my original address, but had some bank accounts and a credit card at my student address (and had bank accounts, credit cards, contract phone etc.. also at my original address at the same time).

Comment

Just mention this in your SAR. No problem as people with dual addresses are those usually falling foul of n hunter thus easy to resolve.

Comment

Should SAR to N Hunter be hand-signed or signed digitally? Seeing as I am sending a photocopy of my passport and a photocopy of my bank statement, my identification is pretty much proven, and as such, they surely shouldn't need a signature should they?

Thanks

Comment

Hand sign. These guys are not going to act untoward.

They're sound.

Comment

Finally - that is CIFAS and N Hunter SAR'd! Now just to wait...

If I SAR barclaycard under the account I had with them that they terminated, would I be likely to see any information as to why they terminated?

What they said was that they did preliminary checks and I was approved, but they sent the card BEFORE doing "additional" checks, and it was following these checks that they declined me... I had the card about 2 months and had never used it (thankfully)...

They then went on to tell me that the reasons they had withdrawn it was breach of contract, but the details were confidential! I'd love to know the REAL reason!

NOTE: In the cancellation letter, the number they provided was for Barclaycard Fraud team... but they insisted it had nothing to do with fraud etc... and it was just that I no longer met their criteria...
                            Last edited by Shadow2981; 14 May 2012, 13:53.

Comment

I'd not bother. A bank will not disclose sensitive and commercially protected data so I'd not worry too much at this stage as n hunter will fill the gaps. Barclays are a leader in n hunter usage so it's an Applicant Refer alert by the sounds of it.

Let's see what cifas and hunter send back. They're quick. Give it a week and you'll have data (not much to send usually)!

Comment

Excellent, thanks I thought Id be waiting till very near the end of the 40 days! CIFAS arrived today, got signature confirmation, and N Hunter due tomorrow! Gotta love Special Delivery (well, except for the cost, lol)!

Comment

Working...
                                X