GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script National Hunter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Hunter

CIFAS came through the post today! Shocked is an understatement!

Secondly, I am not convinced they sent me ALL data... they sent me 1 page, of 1 application I have made - dated September.

Reason I am dubious about believing this is all data - is because in August, when I was trying to get a loan from my bank to buy a car, I went in, I signed in to Credit Expert with my account manager (on her computer) and we both looked at my credit file together (I had a score of 950'ish)!

When the application declined, SHE requested more details as to why, as based on my credit file there was no need to defer, let alone decline (the Default did not show on it at this point).

She phoned me up and said "I have been told that Barclays loans will not disclose further information to either you or me, but the guy did tell me off the record to tell you to check you CIFAS report, whatever that is!".

At the time I thought nothing of it, as CRAs all reported CIFAS as clear, so I assumed it was, and that was just a suggestion...

I forgot about this, until I saw my CIFAS info just now... then it all came flooding back!

NIDDY: Can I send you the result of my SAR to CIFAS please - basically, it was an application to purchase a car, and I provided all of the information I was requested for over the phone/by email (it was a long-distance purchase from a dealer). CIFAS shows "Undisclosed address - application fraud".

Dont know what to do!!

Comment

Ok, I rang Mercedes Financial Services (the ones who filed this), and they wouldnt put me through to the underwriting department, but asked me to detail the complaint, so they could tell them. I advised them I had supplied ALL information requested to the salesman, that I hid nothing, and that I was now the owner of the car I tried to finance with them, and that it was actually registered to myself AT THE "UNDISCLOSED" ADDRESS in question, and that it is kept there, and was even delivered there by Mercedes.

I was put on hold, only to be told that they cant remove this and, in accordance with CIFAS complaints procedure, I had to request removal with CIFAS.

Looking at CIFAS complaints procedure, it clearly states first port of call is to take this up with the company who filed this data! I have the conversation recorded...

What should I do, and should I be entitled to any compensation for this? I never filled an application in for the finance, and have checked my emails, and no information was provided for this application through that either.. So it was entirely telephone based. I gave the guy my details (and paid deposit before any of this) and he made the application on my part...

Comment

Had confirmation email from CIFAS that this entry is ALL the data they have on me... seems odd - perhaps in August I had data recorded that has since dropped off - that's about all I can think of - but the only data I would have expected to have possibly been on there would have been put on around July/August... oh well...

This one should hopefully be easy enough to sort out unless Mercedes Finance play silly buggers!

Comment

Ok, my SAR from N Hunter arrived... all 11 pages!!

On a good note - Mercedes agreed to remove the CIFAS entry, but as they feel they acted accordingly based on data that was on my credit file at the time (which they state their investigations revealed has been removed since), they wont reimburse costs or consider an offer of compensation...

As long as they keep they word on that, I would say that is a result - I am going to email CIFAS now a copy of their letter, and remove them from my shit-list

Comment

CIFAS have confirmed the data has been removed, and that there is now no data on me at CIFAS!

Comment

Your N Hunter report mate - I can see the errors straight away thus explains the refer.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

CIFAS - can you send me a copy of whatever they sent you mate....

also attach your number, I will call you to talk you through it. You'll get confused - most do!

Regards CIFAS, if an organisation added an entry you must substantiate it back to them, it depends on the code - what code shows?

In fact, please email me what they sent and I will explain all.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will email more in-depth, but it was 04 - application fraud... I wrote a complaint to the organisaiton, and they agreed to remove it - I sent the letter by email to CIFAS and asked for written confirmation that it had been deleted, and the very helpful guy at CIFAS wrote and confirmed this had been erased and was happy to confirm that they have no data filed on me now...

I have a copy of the actual CIFAS entry I could send you, but I dont have the "here is the data supplied" part of the letter to hand, or the complaint procedure part of the letter that came with it... will email you now

Comment

Right, you have serious issues mate - I will try and explain. Ok, so to start looking at your report - the following are facts.

Address 1 - current address (house number x6)
                    Address 2 - Previous address (house number x0)
                    Address 3 - 2nd Previous address (house number xx4)

Ok, so you know what addresses I refer to yea? Right, working down the report ignoring VW....

Barclaycard - Applied 02 May 2011
                    • Name - Your initials - 2 initials appear
                    • Address 2 shows as being in force from 02/05/11;
                    • Address 3 shows as being in force from 02/05/91 - 02/05/2011
                    • Phone - You never supplied a number
                    • Bank shows as 42 months

Barclaycard - Applied 23 June 2011
                    • Name - Your initials - 2 initials appear
                    • Address 2 shows as being in force from 23/06/11;
                    • Address 3 shows as being in force from 23/06/08 - 23/06/11
                    • Phone - you used a mobile number
                    • Bank shows as 38 months

Barclaycard - Applied 07 September 2011
                    • Name - Your initials - only one letter appears
                    • Address 2 - shows as being in force from 07/09/08;
                    • Address 3 - not showing
                    • Phone - you used a mobile number
                    • Bank shows as 40 months

Barclaycard - Applied 29 April 2012
                    • Name - Your initials - only one letter appears
                    • Name - Shortened version of forename
                    • Address 1 - shows as being resident from 29/04/2012

Ok, the problems here.... surely you can see?

The data is all over the place.
                    • What are the real address dates - these must tally and match
                    • You apply one month using xx as initials but other times you apply with one initial
                    • You shorten your name but in other apps you use full version
                    • Your bank, the length of time is guess work
                    • Phone - stick to one number or do not supply any.

Now, luckily for you this is NOT your fault, well parts are and parts are not. You will need to respond to N Hunter and explain to them that it appears as though Barclays have a system fault that is causing applications to default the previous address date to the actual date of application based on you just adding a year (I know you done this, ie you never added address day or month). Therefore you need to tell them to remove the incorrect data because your address history is actually (and then spell it out to them with the actual dates).

What has happened here is you've applied and where it asks for previous address you have simply put a year and no day/month. This defaults the banks to add todays date in those fields, however it affects N Hunter.

Make sense?

The bank account start date (ie 42, 38 & 40 months) is nonsense - get the real date and use it.

Also too many app's in too short time. Stop applying like this!!

Questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow2981 View Post
                      Will email more in-depth, but it was 04 - application fraud... I wrote a complaint to the organisaiton, and they agreed to remove it - I sent the letter by email to CIFAS and asked for written confirmation that it had been deleted, and the very helpful guy at CIFAS wrote and confirmed this had been erased and was happy to confirm that they have no data filed on me now...

I have a copy of the actual CIFAS entry I could send you, but I dont have the "here is the data supplied" part of the letter to hand, or the complaint procedure part of the letter that came with it... will email you now
                      I will come back to this soon

See here --> All About Credit Reference Agencies CIFAS - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Also too many app's in too short time. Stop applying like this!!
                        You bank with this bank. You must wait 6mths between applications mate - sit tight and apply properly in October for pretty much guaranteed accept.

You need to stop applying so much.

Comment

Ok, the two early on applications were so close because I was talked into the application by being assured I was guaranteed to qualify for the card - despite my warnings that I wouldnt be - by phone banking...

I dont understand the bank account dates thing... I know exactly when I opened the account, and have never been unsure on this... so not sure why there are differences there...

The previous address stuff - I agree with what you say, but I have a question..

I was living at the number x0 address since May, 2008, but was on the electoral role at xx4 for the whole time, as x0 was just a roof over my head, and not private enough for me to be happy getting mail there...

Circumstances changed, so I went on electoral role here 08/11... but then very shortly after, decided to move into a property I rented out, and take over the payments... and registered on the electoral role here immediately...

It is confusing I know, but all 3 of this houses are literally a minutes walk from eachother...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow2981 View Post
                            It is confusing I know, but all 3 of this houses are literally a minutes walk from eachother...
                            does a computerised program know this? Nope, ergo = refer added.

Think about it mate, only stick to the same story - the moment you change anything, forget it.

So if you can email me the actual true dates of each address PLUS the date you opened the current account then I will sort you a response to N Hunter.

Comment

Will do - just bout to leave work and go pick up the missus, so soon as I get in I will email all details thank you!

Comment

Ok, I have emailed you as detailed an email as I can think possible... lol. if you need any additional details, will be happy to provide

Comment

Working...
                                X