GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard)

Niddy vs Opus Card (ex Citi Gold Card).

Ok, so what is this all about then? Put simply, I was a Citi Gold Card customer for approximately 2 years and in that time never missed a payment or anything, I used the card rarely but kept it due to the fact it was a decent APR and was causing me no real stress; it came with a £2k limit and was a bog-standard credit card, whereby when I had a balance I paid the amount requested via direct debit. Now, the problems arose when Citi sold up to Opus (November 2010) as I always used to have online access with Citi, and I knew that there was a valid direct debit in place, I never thought anything of it. However one day I tried to use my card and it was declined, funny cos I had money available so I rung Citi who said that I was not a customer of theirs and after lots of chasing about I got through to someone at Opus who pretty much told me that a new card etc would be sent soon and nothing would change; at the same time (late November 2010) I checked my online banking at HSBC and noticed a direct debit had been set-up for Opus (Bank of Scotland) and the Citi one had been removed - fine, or so I thought.

Anyway, in January I noticed i'd never heard anything from this new company and after still not receiving a card, I rung up again only to be told I wouldn't get a card and that i'd been notified of this previously - I hadn't and never knew anything about it, so I sent in a formal complaint as i'd also realised that nothing had been taken from my bank since November's payment to Citi; i'd never got a new card and was told I wasn't going to; I was charged late payment fees even though I have a valid DD on file with my bank that Opus neglected to collect from; I have several late payment markers against my name with the CRA's; i'm out of pocket with time and hassle in dealing with this nonsense; i've been refused credit based on those late payment markers thus affecting my ability to obtain credit ergo a direct breach of the first principle of DPA1998 - the list goes on and on and on and on.................

What you're about to read will make you laugh, it'll make you cry with pain when you see the banks mistakes and most importantly it'll show you that big companies do get things wrong no matter how much they claim they are perfect!

The end result, as far as I can see things headed, will be a formal complaint to the FOS with a possible claim for compensation via the courts as I am disgusted at the way i've been treated. I have also advised those dealing with my complaint of this thread and invited them to come and read it, so they can see for themselves just what a balls-up they've made.

Obviously the bad press will come naturally, given time - i'll just start the ball rolling for allaboutFORUMS benefit.

Have fun reading this nonsense - it'll keep you amused for a few hours!

* If you click the headers below, then you'll go to the relevant post in question. Happy reading!

History & Key Developments:

More info to follow in due course...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

08.01.2011 - My original complaint

08.01.2011 - My original complaint

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus-NID-08-01-2011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	1382374
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

30.03.2011 - Opus Reply to original complaint

30.03.2011 - Opus Reply to original complaint

Name:	Opus-30-03-2011.png
Size:	477.2 KB
ID:	1382376 Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus-30-03-2011-2.png
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	1382378

Comment

08.04.2011 - My reply to Opus letter of 30.03.2011

08.04.2011 - My reply to Opus letter of 30.03.2011

Name:	Opus-NID-08-04-2011.jpg
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	1382380

Comment

20.04.2011 - Opus reply to my letter of 08.04.2011

20.04.2011 - Opus reply to my letter of 08.04.2011

Name:	Opus-20-04-2011.png
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	1382382 Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus-20-04-2011-2.png
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	1382384

Comment

06.05.2011 - My reply to Opus letter of 20.04.2011

06.05.2011 - My reply to Opus letter of 20.04.2011

Name:	Opus-NID-06-05-2011.jpg
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	1382386

Comment

12.05.2011 - Opus reply to my letter of 06.05.2011

12.05.2011 - Opus reply to my letter of 06.05.2011

Name:	Opus-12-05-2011.png
Size:	437.6 KB
ID:	1382388 Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus-12-05-2011-2.png
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	1382390

Name:	Opus-12-05-2011-3.png
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	1382392 Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus-12-05-2011-4.png
Size:	407.0 KB
ID:	1382394

Comment

18.05.2011 - My reply to Opus letter of 12.05.2011

18.05.2011 - My reply to Opus letter of 12.05.2011

Name:	Opus-NID-18-05-2011.jpg
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	1382396

Comment

25.05.2011 - Opus reply to my letter of 18.05.2011

25.05.2011 - Opus reply to my letter of 18.05.2011

Name:	Opus-25-05-2011.png
Size:	442.0 KB
ID:	1382398 Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus-25-05-2011-2.png
Size:	369.7 KB
ID:	1382400

Comment

31.05.2011 - My reply to Opus letter of 25.05.2011

31.05.2011 - My reply to Opus letter of 25.05.2011

Name:	Opus-NID-31-05-2011.png
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1382402

Comment

HSBC Proof of DD

HSBC Proof of DD - Copies of Bank Statement / Online Direct Debit's

This shows my Live direct debit with Opus

Name:	HSBC_3a.png
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1382404 Click image for larger version

Name:	HSBC_4a.png
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1382406

This shows my last direct debit payment as being made 11 November 2010

Name:	HSBC_2a.png
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1382408

Comment

HSBC DD Confirmation - Message

HSBC DD Confirmation - Message Emails confirming that my DD was not cancelled.

This is my message to HSBC

Name:	HSBC_1a.png
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1382410

This is HSBC's response

Name:	HSBC_5a.png
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1382412

Comment

Copies of Credit Report

Copies of Credit Report

Name:	Equifax_1a.png
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1382414 Click image for larger version

Name:	Equifax_2a.png
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1382416

Update as at 03 June 2011

Hmmm, seems they want me to do them for Libel, ok - solicitor contacted, game on!

Name:	Opus-02-06-2011.png
Views:	2
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1382444

Comment

Reserved

Obviously as you'll see, by the fact I've invited Opus to read this thread they will now know my identity; unfortunately this is something I cannot avoid but to be honest I couldn't care less which banks know that Niddy is me! All I'm doing is offering free help to those that need it and the fact that it usually involves the banks losing isn't my concern.

They cannot touch me!

Hopefully Opus will realise they're not dealing with any muppet; if only they knew!!

Comment

Update 9th June 2011

Update 3rd June 2011

Well today I got up to see another late payment registered against me, that's it - enough is enough! So I rung Opues to be told "rather abruptly" that they'd issued a final response and to speak to the FOS if I wasn't happy (I am going to SAR a copy of this call as it is interesting to say the least!) - however maybe they forget that my reply dated 31st May asks for a Final Response! Ermmm

Ok, so back to events of today then - i've now formally notified the ICO and will deal with the FOS later (update will be here shortly)....

Proof of more late payments added to my file:

Name:	Opus-02-06-2011.png
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1382456

Name:	Equifax 2.png
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1382454

My complaint to the ICO dated 3rd June 2011:

Name:	Opus-ICO-1.jpg
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1382458

Name:	Opus-ICO-1a.jpg
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	1382460

Name:	Opus-ICO-1b.png
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1382462

My complaint to the FOS dated 9th June 2011:

Name:	Opus-FOS-1.jpg
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	1382552

Name:	Opus-FOS-2.jpg
Size:	319.6 KB
ID:	1382554
                              Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 9 June 2011, 20:51. Reason: added FOS complaint

Comment

Working...
                              X