GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard)

Apologies for jumping on thread, but I wanted to ask about something said above re fixed and running credit and the unilateral change to the agreement. Would this apply to the old Cahoot flexi loan (a running agreement) which has been changed to repayment only?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Apologies for jumping on thread, but I wanted to ask about something said above re fixed and running credit and the unilateral change to the agreement. Would this apply to the old Cahoot flexi loan (a running agreement) which has been changed to repayment only?
      Anyone??
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        Start a new thread mate - yes, it would apply the same as these were fixed sum running agreements kinda like a regulated overdraft which falls between s.77 & s.78 - so really hard to distinguish.

However i'd not look into the point you mention too much; i'd presume being the type of agreement that it is, there will be fault with it and also it may be incorrectly regulated - some of the old barclays reserve style things are!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No problem... is from 2001 so more than likely something wrong. Will get CCA sent off as they have been less than helpful and start a new thread when arrives.

Comment

Great start from the FOS - they think it's HBOS

Click image for larger version

Name:	FOS1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1382886

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I had a letter from Opus saying your account has been assigned by Bank of Scotland plc should it not be RBoS

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                I had a letter from Opus saying your account has been assigned by Bank of Scotland plc should it not be RBoS
                LOL, basically HBOS issue the cards under Opus, however I have no beef with HBOS - my beef is with Opus and I just told the guy as such!

Hi,

Yes I am fully aware of this but my complaint is not with BOS - it is with Opus cards. Opus cards are the ones that have added the entry to the credit file, everything is their name and therefore I am specifically complaining about Opus.......

The card issuer in this instance is irrelevant, why would you even contemplate going to them when my complaint is nothing to do with them? I suggest you re-read my letter and come back to me with confirmation that you're taking my complaint seriously and taking it to Opus - NOT HBOS.

Nowhere on anything is the name HBOS mentioned - as I have always dealt with Opus and have never been issued a card then it is Opus whom my complaint is with.

Niddy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: Your complaint about Bank of Scotland plc (Our ref: )
                Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:45:50 +0100
                Fromfinancial-ombudsman.org.uk
                To:

Message body .ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;} .ExternalClass BODY.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
                Dear Mr
                To offer an explanation Opus credit cards are issued by Bank of Scotland Plc.

Yours Sincerely
                consumer consultant | Financial Ombudsman Service

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 29 June 2011 16:28
                To:
                Subject: RE: Your complaint about Bank of Scotland plc (Our ref: )

Hi

My complaint is about Opus (ex Citi Cards).....

Please clarify - thanks

Comment

I am sure FOS must get some of their well trained staff peanut paid monkeys from the same agencys as some financial institutions.

Comment

Update - Been allocated an adjudicator already - one has to wonder, had I not of sent them a link to this section of the forum, whether they'd be so keen to jump through hoops for me....

See emails as follows:

The original reply I received on Friday (8th July)

Name:	FOS_1.JPG
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1383000

My reply of Friday (8th July)

Name:	FOS_2.JPG
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1383002

The adjudicators reply also yesterday (11th July)

Name:	FOS_3.JPG
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1383004

Comment

Update 22 July 2011

Update 22 July 2011

Niddy 1 - 0 Opus

Whoop Whoop - if you can't beat em fairly, beat em by default. See below chain of events from today -

Question by Niddy:
                      Sent: 22 July 2011 08:54
                      To: FOS Adjudicator
                      Subject: Re: Your complaint about Bank of Scotland plc (Our ref: XXXXXXXX)

Hi,

Opus have written saying they're about to terminate and sell the account to a debt agency. I need resolution ASAP before this - as it'll force me to take action against them. How long do they have left to "respond to you"? It's been ages....

Thanks

Regards, Niddy.

Reply by FOS:

Dear Niddy

Businesses are given 14 days to respond to a request for information and I emailed Bank of Scotland on 8 July 2011. Therefore, if it does not respond by the end of today, I will automatically uphold your complaint and issue my findings to Bank of Scotland. It then has 21 days in which to respond.

What it can do is look at the repercussions of Opus's actions on you. I will update you further as soon as I am able to.

Yours sincerely,

Adjudicator

My reply to the above:
                      Hi

Thanks for your prompt response. I appreciate it. Could you please, if you get a spare moment, send me a message at close of play tonight just to confirm if they respond or not. Obviously I know you'll need time but just to let me know, as a matter of courtesy?

I kinda want them to terminate prior to default as I'd then consider legal action; but regardless, their reporting of incorrect data has resulted in my being declined for x2, 0% products that I'd have transferred that balance to. I do hope this is taken into consideration?

Thanks again; appreciate your help.
                      Her reply at 7pm:
                      Dear Niddy

Just to confirm that I have not received a response from Bank of Scotland. I will therefore be issuing my findings upholding your complaint on Monday.

Yours sincerely,

Adjudicator

The above, is an awesome and deserved consumer victory!

Comment

Well done Niddy.

Comment

Niddy,

Well done m8, that is the kind of communications we like to see.

Regards

Comment

Well done, good that they have yet again made a mess of things as its another black mark to them if you do go further with it
                            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Excellent news matey

Comment

Brilliant Nid
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X