GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard)

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Take round a wheelbarrow full of cash!
    Oooh arghhh. Good plan

:
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update - 24th August...

Now that the deadline has passed the file passes out of my hands and the next steps are as follows:
      1.*** I*will pass the file today to my manager for provisional checking.
      2.*** The file is then passed to a queue awaiting a senior colleague to check that the file is ready for passing to*an ombudsman.
      3.*** Once checked and approved,*final letters are issued giving each party 14 days to submit any final information.**
      4.****Once the 14 days are up, the file is passed to the ombudsman queue.
      5.****The ombudsman takes the file (taken in chronological order) and either*issues a provisional decision (if he/she feels that the outcome/redress should be amended) or*they issue the*final decision.
      At present due to the large*volume of cases, there is currently a delay for an ombudsman review of at least four months.* However, as your case as been prioritised,*your case will not take this long.*
      As you know, the Financial Ombudsman Service is an informal service and therefore an ombudsman will not treat any evidence as inadmissible.* However he/she will bear in mind any delays that the business has caused by delaying or not submitting requested information.*
      I note your comments that you are not able to provide anything further as you believe that you sent the originals of the requested documents to Opus.
      Yours sincerely
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Final update - October 2011

Final update - October 2011

Lots been happening behind the scenes here, however they have now made an offer that I am happy with as follows:

• Refund all interest and charges on the account (less the amount already refunded) equating to 318.67.
        • Reduce the outstanding balance by a further £250 for distress and inconvenience.
        • Remove all markers from Mr Niddy's account (has already been requested).
        • Accept a payment of £150 per month by standing order (final payment £22.18) on an interest-free basis to clear the outstanding balance of £1,522.18 (balance after deductions).
        * My current balance is around £2,000

So in essence this would offer me the 0% account backdated to the start of my complaint, with only £250 as a compo amount. However overall, it seems fine to me as I did ask for the equivalent of interest only to be removed as their late markers caused me to be rejected for a 0% card to BT to.

Any thoughts....?

Comment

I think you have done well to get all that you asked for, ok they are "only" giving you £250 but considering the other things they have had to agree to its a VERY good result
          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Seems to have been a long, drawn out process, but (as with PPI) they have put you back into the position you would have originally ben in - the £250 compo discounted of course.

You have essentially got the result you were after, but it shouldnt have taken this length of time, and really should have been done and dusted within 4-6 weeks of your original letter.

Hope (but dont expect) they learn lessons from this.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yea, I am also thinking I want something in my hand for their balls-up.

I'll think about it longer eh?

Comment

Can I buy one year of your precious time and energy for £250 please? Fine they've put you back to where you were in November 2010 before their cock-up. Big deal. Given the choice I bet you'd rather the fiasco had never happened in the first place. I want you to have a Big Fat Apology from the CEO of Opus in writing which you can post on this website so we can all have a jolly good laugh at him. A sort of modern day version of the stocks

And then I want Mrs Niddy to be sent a whopping great bunch of flowers by Opus to say sorry she's had to listen to you banging on about this nightmare week after week for a year when she'd rather be watching The X Factor. And what about compensation for the risk to your professional reputation? I mean the Mail on Sunday would have had a field day with a story on the champion of debtors and consumers who has screwed up his own finances (allegedly). You can't put the bloody clock back - not for just a measly £250 anyway That wouldn't even buy your ticket to Cuba next March.

Find out what the CEO of Opus would charge for a year of his time spent sorting out this type of problem - and then say you'll settle for the same amount.
                Last edited by PlanB; 25 October 2011, 15:51. Reason: spelling- too cross to check it when posting!

Comment

Funny.

I'm happy with this really, it's an easy way to sort it and get rid of it but does go against what I stand for somewhat!

Hmmm, I could just say bollocks and not pay anything - as it's citi I'm assured opus cannot comply with my cca request anyway but still - never done this on a live niddy account before lol so am confused!!

See it happens to the best of them!

Comment

Maybe approach this in the same way as you would tell us to do with a Full & Final Settlement. The £250 is the FOS opening offer but their technical note says they award up to £300 for "modest" compensation. You don't strike me as being modest so I think you should go for the maximum award of £999 for 'substantial' compensation and a written apology. Because you're worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Hmmm, I could just say bollocks and not pay anything - as it's citi I'm assured opus cannot comply with my cca request anyway but still - never done this on a live niddy account before lol so am confused!!
                      If you pay nothing though mate just think of the damage it will do to your credit file....

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                        If you pay nothing though mate just think of the damage it will do to your credit file....
                        What, now the old incorrect link is back with only 27 defaults? Yea, cos I am a good credit risk -

* However that said I do seem to get the credit I apply for, oddly - just opened a second HBOS current account the other day so now have two new full accounts, after thinking HSBC had screwed me from ever getting another....

Comment

Funny.

I'm happy with this really, it's an easy way to sort it and get rid of it but does go against what I stand for somewhat!

If you get stuck give me a shout.........:niddy
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                            If you get stuck give me a shout.........:niddy
                            Thanks mate, these forums are such a relief and offer some great insight - I'd be lost without the help and support from you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Maybe approach this in the same way as you would tell us to do with a Full & Final Settlement. The £250 is the FOS opening offer but their technical note says they award up to £300 for "modest" compensation. You don't strike me as being modest so I think you should go for the maximum award of £999 for 'substantial' compensation and a written apology. Because you're worth it
                              Funny.

If you're happy with the settlement take it

Why go down the same road as them, dragging it out trying to squeeze every last penny (that you might not get).
                              The letter of appology could be worth asking for
                              It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                                The letter of appology could be worth asking for
                                Ask for it to be tattooed on the CEO's buttocks and haggle downwards?

Comment

Working...
                                X