GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Just wondering if anyone can help with query for son.
    child no 1 registered under 2003 scheme
    child no 2 born 2006 voluntary family agreement paying £200 a month as jointly agreed. Voluntary arrangements are not taken into account under 2003 rules, so this was not registered with CSA
    child no 3 born 2013 CSA included under 2003 scheme, as they were already dealing with a case under this scheme.

Child no 2 now registered under new scheme, Child Maintenance after 25/11/2013
    Child no 1 claim withdrawn by mother Dec 2013

Question is, as they now encourage family based arrangements under the new scheme, should the £200 a month be taken into account when calculating maintenance for child no 3? Or as they are different departments, do children on new scheme not count on assessments under 2003 regulations.

Help please.

Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Enforcer

I'm not up to speed on the legalities here (Child Support legislation) but may I ask a quick question to set the scene? Do any of these three children which you fathered live with you? This may impact on all sorts of benefits and tax implications for both biological parents whether they currently live together or not.

Comment

Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

This post regards my son. He has 3 children, with 3 different mothers. Child 1, mother has 3 children with 3 different fathers, withdrew her claim after son contacted csa and informed them that his son actually lived with grandparents and not mother, csa said that as she was claiming child allowance and tax credits, he still had to pay. Then she dropped her claim. Child 2 son has her for 2 nights every 2 weeks, school holidays, and other nights, but csa do not take her into account as this is a family arrangement. Child 3 newly born. Mother told son that she could not have children due to an operation that she had when she was 17. Then got pregnant. Son has not seen his child,and is unlikely to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
        Just wondering if anyone can help with query for son.

This post regards my son. He has 3 children, with 3 different mothers.
        My sincere apologies for not spotting that this issue related to your son not you.

In which case I don't feel so bad in asking whether your son is certain that these three children are actually his? Has there been a DNA test in each case?

He has 3 children, with 3 different mothers. Child 1, mother has 3 children with 3 different fathers, withdrew her claim after son contacted csa and informed them that his son actually lived with grandparents and not mother, csa said that as she was claiming child allowance and tax credits, he still had to pay. Then she dropped her claim. Child 2 son has her for 2 nights every 2 weeks, school holidays, and other nights, but csa do not take her into account as this is a family arrangement. Child 3 newly born. Mother told son that she could not have children due to an operation that she had when she was 17. Then got pregnant. Son has not seen his child,and is unlikely to do so.

Comment

I Know that they are his kids. No question he would not even consider disputing it. Just asking about my granddaughter being taken into account, under new rules,as this payment of £200 a month was not taken into account under 2003 rules. My son is really trying his best, but now going into arrears, as he cannot pay for his children unless they take the £200 a month into account.

Comment

Hi...will check the legalities of all this later today but instinct is telling me that as different mothers are involved one arrangement won't offset against another,
            Does your son see Child 1?
            Has mother 3 made a claim via CSA? If so,,how much are they saying he has to pay?
            Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Yes, sees child 1 occasionally, as he is only 2 days younger than one of my other grandsons, at same school and in same classes.. Claim for child 1 now withdrawn by Mother. However, CSA included child 3 under 2003 rules. Yes Mother 3 has made a claim, CSA say he has to pay £67.00 a week. They have now assessed payment for one child only.

Comment

So your son is paying £50pw on a private arrangement with Mum 2 and been assessed to pay £67pw to Mum3 ?
                Sorry if I;m asking you to repeat yourself,,I need my 'ducks in a row'
                Your son has a fulltime job? Can you give a rough guesstimate of his weekly wage after tax/NI please.
                Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Son is a partner in my family business, 3 partners in total. Last year his income was £29,000 gross. This year it will be about £13,000. Our trading year ends 31st March. He draws £1500 a month from his capital account, currently overdrawn by about £32,000. Taking more than he should.

Comment

The Child Maintenance Service will take into account the number of children the paying parent has to pay child maintenance for, including other children living with them and any arrangements that have been made directly with an ex-partner.

Comment

To clarify:-
                      Your son will have taken a more than 50% cut in wages this year?

Comment

Thanks for reply. That is what it says on their site. However following lots of letters, they have done a Mandatory reconsideration in February 2014.
                        Despite the fact that mother 1 withdrew claim in December 2013. The decision states. Number of children we can make a child maintenance calculation for 2
                        Percentage of net weekly income used 20%. Amount of child maintenance £89.00 a week. The notice is based on child 1& 3. Child 2 has not been included in their calculation.
                        Then,after further letter to csa.they changed this to £67.00 a week for child 3 and advised my son "I must stress that your case is still managed on our 2003 scheme, however you have asked that we reflect that you pay maintenance for a further child who is not currently included in our calculations. In order to progress your application you must contact our 2012 scheme application customer line. However he had already given csa this information, well before the mandatory review. Spent ages on the phone to register child 2 with 2012 scheme, turns out that they already had info, including mothers mobile no. Spoke to mother and she confirmed that she had received a letter from csa, phoned them, and confirmed that she wanted to keep to the current arrangement.
                        Last edited by Enforcer; 16 March 2014, 12:58. Reason: Worked out that by using basic text editor I can do a post in less than half an hour!

Comment

He did not earn £29,000 last year, our chartered accountant declared that figure to keep other partners out of 40% tax band last year. Also this year we purchased a new van which has been 100% write down under annual investment allowance.

Comment

Son had letter today from csa. Regarding child 3. This letter is to tell you that your legal responsibility to pay regular child maintenance through the Child Support Agency has ended for child 3. This change is effective from 14/03/2014.
                            This means that after we receive the next payment of regular maintenance from you, your regular maintenance payments through us will end.
                            They also state that he must continue paying until arrears are cleared to mother. Crazy how can work,wrong assessment, claim withdrawn, yet you must pay. I have filled the forms in as son's representative to take this to a tribunal. Needs sorting out.
                            Last edited by Enforcer; 22 March 2014, 15:38. Reason: seen letter to son from csa

Comment

Saga moves on.
                              Son received a letter yesterday from HM Courts & Tribunals Service. About your CHILD SUPPORT ASSESSMENTS appeal. Thank you for your appeal, which has been received at HM Courts and Tribunals Service on 17/03/2014.
                              Please be aware that your appeal is late, as it has been received more than 1 month after the Mandatory Reconsideration notice was issued to you. Any party involved in the appeal may raise an objection to the appeal being late.

The form SSCS2 was sent to CSA Special Delivery, track & trace, signed for on 07/03/2014.
                              Copy receipt sent to HM Courts. CSA took 10 days to send forms on!

Comment

Working...
                              X