GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
    I think that you are right, my son is angry at the fact they are not doing as they promised, angry at the mother. I will overrule him and send a cheque tomorrow, you are right, children come first. Just wish that we had a chance to meet our 4th Grandchild.
    You know what, your last post says it all.

This is your grandchild never mind your son's anger at his ex-girlfriend.

If I were in your shoes I would do whatever it takes to broker a deal. If you can sort the money thing then there's every chance that you will get to see your 4th grandchild this Christmas. Because that's what it's all about. I'm sure Grandchild No 4 will be thrilled to have a Granddad too.

I'm so jealous. I'm waiting for my daughter to provide me with my first

Comment

Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Enforcer,,
      I am SO pleased you have bitten the bullet and taken the reins regarding Mum 3,,,the baby is the ONLY thing that matters.....

Now.........My real reasons for banging on about DNA and Birth Certificate (didn't mention before because I felt you needed to work through your angst toward Mum 3,,which you have and I'm so happy for you)

As I said before ,unless it is absolutely undeniable that the baby IS your grandchild (because all babies look like babies) I would still push your son to get a DNA test,he will be paying maintenance for the next 16/18 years,surely it's best to know,to have rock solid proof? Going on the rate he's paying now by the time the childs 16 he will have paid +£37k.

Also,,He MUST get his name on that Birth Certificate,,my reasons for bashing on about this are thus :-

1) He gets 'parental rights' (whether he chooses to exercise those rights is at this point in time is purely academic BUT..
      2) YOU can apply to the courts for contact/visitation with the child as it's Grandparents.

Grandparents have no 'automatic' rights but courts/social workers etc are increasingly keen to try and encourage contact between Grandparents and Grandchildren.

http://www.thefamilylawco.co.uk/gran...arents-rights/
      http://www.grandparents-association....tion/faqs.html

I've included 2 links for you so you can have a little read and mull over your options.

I'm really hoping for the best here for you,,and all the children,I don't think your son is a bad person at all,,he's made errors of judgement,but didn't we all when we were young?
      His 'errors' (I won't say mistakes,,no child is ever a mistake)..have culminated in 3 children and a right royal ruckus with the fabulous CMS.
      What I'm really hoping for is that the Tribunal settle on a figure for Mum 3 that is below what your are already paying,,that may open doors into a 'family arrangement' where she will see that she's better off dumping the CMS,(especially when she realises that whatever she gets will have 4% deducted before she sees a penny)
      Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

I have taken note of the advice given by Inca & Plan B. Thank you both. Sent a letter to Child Maintenance Service showing a sequence of events, we have tried every way possible to achieve a resolution to this. Listed all phone calls, dates & replies. Enclosed a cheque as suggested. We go with "clean hands", I have also sent a copy of this letter, together with a covering letter to the tribunal, last submission 7 days before date, expressing that I do not feel that either the CSA or CMS are fit for purpose, as the tribunal can see that we have attempted to resolve this matter and are getting no where! I have asked the tribunal to assist us, in getting a resolution as despite our best efforts, we cannot.

Thanks members for your input.

Comment

You are more than welcome Enforcer,,I wish I knew a way to slap the CSA/CMS over the head and make them sort their shit out.

The 'timeline' is a very good idea, it shows not only their ineptitude but gives the Tribunal a tangible sequence of events and mistakes.

All you want to know is...When Mum 2's money is taken into account (as it must be) how much does Mum 3 get??....is it really that difficult for the CMS to work out?? I mean,really?????
          Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Received a letter from CSA dated 7th July! Don't know where its been hiding. Due to a change of circumstances the have now done an assessment for mum no 3 of £35.00 a week from 19th May. Really don't know why they took from 19th May to notify us, or why they didn't write until 7th July??? What is going on. Why are the CSA writing when this case was passed to CMS in June?

Comment

God knows why they're so slack at the moment Enforcer.....maybe their 'computer glitches'??
              One scenario is that they put the info in on May 19th but it wasn't processed until 7th July? And it's anyones guess as to why it took 24 days to get to you. Don't hold your breath though,,you might get inundated with letters from them now lol

So,they have assessed it as £35.00 a week (making it £42.00 he has to pay via them)....and you have been paying £49.00 a week.
              If Mum 3 had any sense she'd make contact,drop the CMS and stick to a private arrangement..

Comment

She seems determined to prove her point, latest submissions to tribunal, she still believes son has massive assets and does not believe that it is a partnership. Also queried it when I sent in a photocopy of wife's cheque stub showing that she made a substantial payment, have now got copy of bank statement to prove that my wife paid this. She is fighting to the bitter end, she is going to lose out due to her greed.

Comment

What substantial payment was made by your wife? What was it for?
                  When was this? Before,during or after the pregnancy?

Basically,what I'm asking is :-
                  Was the partnership up and running prior to this girl getting pregnant?

I can't read her mind (obviously) but from what you've said she thinks your son is hiding assets/income in an effort to avoid paying her a high maintenance figure every month.
                  He's already going to have to justify the 16k wage drop.
                  Basically,,she's on a 'prove me wrong' mission
                  Has your sons lifestyle changed since she told him she was pregnant? ie:- Car,,has he downgraded his vehicle (assumng he has one) to reflect his much lower income??

Sorry,,lots of questions again,,you can tell me to bugger off if you like

Comment

Son does not own a car,can use my 18 year old one if needed. Partnership set up 2003' Cheque was for nearly £3000 ground rent on static caravan jointly owned.She is saying that this is son's caravan and he must plenty of money to afford to pay it.He did not pay it.Still trying for a variation order.Csa have already refused her. Now she wants tribunal to rule.
                    Last edited by Enforcer; 1 August 2014, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                      on static caravan jointly owned.She is saying that this is son's caravan and he must plenty of money to afford to pay it.He did not pay it..
                      Do you mean that the static caravan is jointly owned by mother and son? If so then it will probably be classed as an asset of his regardless of who pays the ground rent. In fact if it's rented out then that rent would be considered an income for both tax purposes and child maintenance assessment.

Maybe Mum 3 knows about this static caravan because she has been to stay there when your son and her were dating? Young lads like to boast about the 'stuff' they have so maybe Mum 3 got a distorted picture of his financial situation. The truth will come out in the wash.

Comment

Yes it is jointly owned. However we did ask how much the site would give us for the caravan last year if we decided to give it up. They offered £1000. It has not been rented out for the last 3 years. And my son did take her there on several occasions.

Comment

Is your son happy with the £35 (42pw) he has been assessed at?

What I meant was how long has your son been in the Partnership?

Comment

Son has been in the business partnership since 2003.This assessment was from CSA and is only for child no 3. CMS need to do a new assessment to include child no 2. Still waiting for them to do this.

Comment

How old is you son??

Comment

Son is 35 years old. His eldest child is 16 this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X