GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
    sometimes you have to fight nasty.
    Yep

Comment

• Re: Child Support Agency 2003 scheme Child Maintenance new scheme for cases after 25th Nov 2013

Mum number 1 would not allow access. Mum number 2 stopped access last November. Never even seen child of mum number 3 even refused to put son's name on birth certificate. I pay him as a "salaried" partner, if his share of the business profits are higher than his "salary" he can take this as drawings or leave it in his capital account. During the last 2 years his partnership account has been going overdrawn, as he needs extra for doing up his house and maintenance for his children. I will review his "salary" once the tribunal is over. So the answer to your question is he is not on PAYE nor are there any dividend payments.

Comment

Excellent, so first off they get the bare bloody minimum of maintenance, and if they want more then they have to play ball, but that bit can be addressed later.

If you chat to your accountant, I'm thinking you could get your son on £150 week PAYE that will mean he pays the minimum NI. Then you could pay him or 'a.n. other' a dividend ie yourself and you pay him from your account, he won't pay tax on that but it becomes liable for Corporation Tax.

If he's on the bare £150 minimum he then cannot afford a large maintenance payment which will stuff the mums big time. As you just said at the moment he worse than useless because of what's going on, so if questioned you'd have every right to cut his wages, it's just thinking of a way around it.

But I'd check the idea out with the accountant first about paying him that way, I do however think that its time to be downright dirty.

Comment

This idea would definitely be diversion of income! Have already spoken to my accountant about transferring the business to Ltd. Advised against it at this stage, says Judge could order us to "unwind any changes" if they ruled against us on diversion of income ground. My son has obviously messed his life up, but he has a moral duty to pay for his children, even if he cannot see them. All that I want is a fair assessment, the CSA & CMS only have to comply with the law. Regarding Child Maintenance, and this will be sorted out. Hope the Judge can get them to comply. Section 39 (5) is how they should have done the calculation. It's the Law!

Comment

Yes, if you go Ltd and something happens within a certain amount of time then you could be told to unwind the changes, that's why when we registered our business we went Ltd immediately. Surely your accountant will be able to advise more re your sons salary ? Perhaps approach it as separate entities ?

Totally agree that he's messed up but you and your wife don't deserve all this hassle either, it's not fair on either of you. I hope that Mr Judgy does see the light and sorts this out for him, you and everyone else.

I do hope that your son realises the crap he's causing you all and will think twice in future.

Comment

Mum number 3 wrote to the court alleging that son was doing "huge" amounts of cash in hand work! Just got home tonight, full VAT investigation from 2011. Coincidence? I think not! Daren't tell him, this would finish him with everything else going on. Another large accountants bill coming up. Really can't afford this.

Comment

Finally got a date for 2nd hearing. 23rd April. Hope it's sorted this time.

Comment

Good luck. Son has found CSA unhelpful been 7 yrs since the "mom" left him with twins not one penny in all that time.Now that she is working they want him to pay to investigate. Surely if Ashe was a dad she wouldn't be allowed to get away with it.Its been us who have helped him with them they see her once week if I had my way she wouldn't see them at all,but I am very bitter and still very very angry when I think of her, so I don't.Sorry rant over xx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Another letter today, yet more directions from the judge, 14 days to reply. Now wants 1. the partnership tax return which contains all the information concerning the partnership as a whole and all the partners for the tax year ended 5th April 2012, 2013 and 2014.2 Full details of the admission of my wife to the partnership to include the date of admission and details of any consideration paid and 3 a copy of the partnership agreement before and after the admission of my wife. Sent copy to accountant will post more tomorrow.

Comment

Oh Enforcer, I really don't know what to say to all of this hun, have you got any insurance with your accountant ? Ours does one that covers us in the event of any investigations, basically it means that they take over and you don't need to stress about it, however that's easier said than done isn't it.

I might be talking out of my arse here, but as all these accusations are being bandied about re your son working and raking in shed loads of cash, and causing all these investigations, I'm wondering if its worth you taking advice from a good financial advisor, ie the chance of shutting down the business and starting up in a new name.

Comment

The VAT investigation is covered by insurance with my accountant, currently being dealt with. Cannot claim against tax for the work done regarding CSA I just want this sorting at next hearing. Waiting for reply from accountant for comments re letter that I have written to Judge. Will post once I have answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                          Cannot claim against tax for the work done regarding CSA I just want this sorting at next hearing. Waiting for reply from accountant for comments re letter that I have written to Judge.

Have you considered making an offer to settle this without the need for a hearing?

Your accountant's costs are racking up and your privacy is being invaded while these Mums sit back and enjoy the drama.

It may work out cheaper to pay them off unless you want to fight this as a matter of principle. It reminds me of my divorce where the lawyers got more money from my husband than I did in the end.

Comment

Thanks for reply Plan B. No chance of making an offer, mum number 3 initially asked for £800.00 a month to add to her other benefits, child support is NOT means tested, she and I will fight this to the bitter end.
                            Accountant e mailed me, need to read up and fully understand rules on partnership. Otherwise quite confident of a fair result.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              My 29 year old daughter still expects me to fix everything if that's any help.
                              You're probably the best plumber she knows.

Comment

Short update.
                                Son by Mum number 1 has been in touch with my son by text messages over the last few weeks. Does not live with his mum any more, she has 3 kids with 3 different fathers. Met up with his dad on Monday, loads of questions, but they had a good day out together, shows that eventually all kids want to know where they came from and what went wrong. Really pleased that they are getting to know each other.

On another note, had an invoice for £516.00 from accountants for latest information for CSA tribunal. Just hope that we can get everything sorted on 23rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X