GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script LloydsTSB - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LloydsTSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LloydsTSB

As some of you may know me from MSE you'll also know about my Gripes with lloyds.

As things stand i have just sent them a F&F letter to which they just sent in a decline to that.

Whats the next port of call?
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: LloydsTSB

This is the letter i got off them
    any ideas?
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Hi matey

Have you actually fell into arrears with this account or got others that you're in debt with - you realise making a F&F will result in them stating this on the credit ref file? It will show as "settled" but underneath it will refer to "Although settled the lender agreed to a final settlement which did or did not cover the o/s balance" - basically other lenders see it and it does mark down your credit score/profile.

Please confirm you understand this and also if you're in debt etc - then i'll be able to advise better, yea I could get Lloyds to accept around £1000 but it would mean defaulting, in essence, then clearing the debt - but it will have an adverse affect on you mate...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This account doesnt show on any of my CF's and has been in arrears and with the collections dept at lloyds since sometime shortly after June 2008 after which i quit/got asked to leave the job i was in at the time.
        I've sent a SAR to them and in all honesty believe that i'm not gonna get anything back from them at all. Or if i do it will be almost useless.

Been down the complaints and FOS route about the £1500+ in Bank Charges which equates for the majority of the balance on the account to which i believe the offer at £1275 was more than acceptable.

I could pay the entire balance but that then leaves another 1k on my vanquis card which i also wanted to clear off.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit
          This account doesnt show on any of my CF's and has been in arrears and with the collections dept at lloyds since sometime shortly after June 2008
          Just because it isn't there now, you can't rely on it not going there if an event like a F&F occurs.
          No longer a mod.

Comment

How old is the account? I have been doing some reading as my Lloyds account is over 30 years old so unless I signed something since the account opening paperwork its possible that they have no uathority to share data with the CRA's
            If yours is old as well it may be worth looking into?
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

This account has been open since i was 13 (now 20) i also dont remember signing anything when i turned 18 in april 08 But tbh thats a hazy part of my life and i cant say i remember much of that time tbh.

Comment

You are very slightly younger than me, when mine was opened experian and co were not in existance, hence the probable lack of permission to share information on mine!
                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie
                  How old is the account? I have been doing some reading as my Lloyds account is over 30 years old so unless I signed something since the account opening paperwork its possible that they have no uathority to share data with the CRA's
                  If yours is old as well it may be worth looking into?
                  be careful - the cca was 1974 so 30 years means you're close to that lol (1980) - older agreements didn't have provision to share as no DPA (so really before 1998 will suffice) - however the mcguffick case put all that to bed. The cra's have a right to report accurate account activity and any revision of terms that were sent to you will be used as proof you agreed to them using your data - if not then you would have cancelled the account, paid the balance and left.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Susie
                    You are very slightly younger than me, when mine was opened experian and co were not in existance, hence the probable lack of permission to share information on mine!
                    hehe experian was in existence since around the turn of the century, just you didn't know of them... they started with catalogues and the likes of GUS/Littlewoods created a debt sharing element which later came to became the equivalent of experian.... so in the 60's/70's they were popular with the invention of Access and Barclay card.....

Lot of history, but won't bore you with it lol.....

I agree, he is a baby lol (i.e. 20 bless)

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt

yeah also with a near 1 year old baby.

bet thats a shocker

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt

yeah also with a near 1 year old baby.

bet thats a shocker
                        ;EEK ;EEK ;EEK ;EEK ;EEK

Comment

Well i'm still awaiting the SAR results off of lloyds. It must have been at least like 40 days but then agen things have been rather hazy to me these last few weeks as basically worked worked worked with a bit of sleep.

Comment

Should i be stating to lloyds that until i have the SAR back from them that i am no longer making payments as i'm disputing the legality of the account??

Or is this a tad silly idea?

Comment

Should i be stating to lloyds that until i have the SAR back from them that i am no longer making payments as i'm disputing the legality of the account??

Or is this a tad silly idea?
                              You could do that but it could prompt them to add a mark on your credit file, and as you say if they are not reporting then i'm not sure its the best thing to do....

Why not write in and ask them to consider a F&F offer..... i'm confused as to what you wantm to achieve overall matey? ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X