GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Hi all!

My debt management journey.

Having stupidly tried to run a business and got into a lot of debt, I eventually gave up in 2015.

In the late 90's and early 00's I got quite a lot of credit cards and equipment leases. In the 00's it was mainly to help support my business as I didn’t want my husband to have the burden of the business.

I got out of debt several times once when my mum sold her house and then when we remortgaged to help me purchase a premises that then fell through. Following the remortgage, my husband was left to pay the extra as my business wasn’t generating cash. Maybe I should have given up rather than signing a 5 year lease for a shop, but I wanted to have one last chance to make it work.

I struggled for just over a year with the shop (rent was £12k plus VAT a year) managing to pay over £1000 in credit card min payments. The realisation came in 2011 when we had really bad weather and business dropped off for the first two months of the year.

In February 2011, I gave in and approached A DM Company and set up a DMP for the majority of my cards. I left my Tesco Card and Business overdraft out in the hope that I would be able to pay these back and get myself on track. I carried on paying the tesco card each month. The payment was around £170 a month but for some reasons a while later (maybe due to a change in the T’s & C’s), the minimum payment went down to around £60 a month. I just let this carry on going out of my account, but it didn’t seem to go down. I guess with this one I buried my head in the sand.

With my other debts in the DMP (around £33k - it all adds up!) I started paying £300 a month towards them. With £25 of that going on the fee for The Debt Management Comoany, I guess I should have changed to a non fee paying one sooner, but in 2016, when my payments to the DMP halved due to reducing work and becoming a carer for my mother who has Parkinson's Disease, I decided to switch to stepchange to increase my payments slightly having added both the credit card (just under £3k and my overdraft (just over £4k)) I wanted to try and pay a bit more.

At the beginning with the £33k debt, I was due to be on a DMP for 9 years paying £300 a month. Now after 5 Years, it’s going to be another 14 years, I can’t believe this so thought I would try and reduce it through PPI claims and, as five of the debts were with Debt Collection Agencies, I would request a CCA from them.

Another way I wanted to try and reduce the debt was to write to all the Credit Card Original Lenders and see if I had any PPI on any of the cards. It may seem daft not knowing, but I always turned them down, but have heard that they still added them on. I will update as I hear, but nothing much will happen for 12 days so will check back on 13th Feb.

For the record, my Creditors are as follows;

Co-op Bank (Business overdraft) £4200
    Barclaycard £3268 (already paid £2440)
    Capital One £1997 (already paid £1501)
    Tesco £2993
    Idem Servicing £4138 (already paid £3115)
    MKDP £792 (already paid £595)
    Moorgate (Virgin card) £1859 (already paid £1396)
    Moorgate (HSBC) £5167 (already paid £3845)
    RMA Resolve (paypal) £1717 (already paid £1307)

A couple of queries I have with Barclaycard and the M&S card is that with both of them, I had their cardsafe. Each time they took the premium out, it was added onto the card so accrued interest. It will be interesting to hear if I get anything from that.

Along with this, I was looking at some old Britannia Mortgages that I had. One with my ex and one with my current husband (the mortgage was transferable). In some old statements I found, we had buildings insurance for £35 a month but when I look over the statements, they actually took £54 a month. Not sure what this was so again, once I hear back I will update.

I have also just requested an SAR from Santander as I also had lots of store cards and credit cards that were under egg, GE money and some others (I can’t remember all that I had, which is why I asked for the SAR). This will be posted tomorrow, so will up date (40 day wait for this).

This is the beginning (well middle really) of hopefully becoming debt free earlier than I anticipated!

I will now list all my debts individually, but wanted to give you my situation first.
    Last edited by JLC; 12 February 2016, 19:50.

Re: My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Barclaycard
    • Type of account Credit Card
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 2006
    • Approx balance £3268.75 (I have paid £2440.78)
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in 2011,
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - not paid since Jan 16
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) in default since 2011
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Barclaycard

I haven't CCA'd Barclaycard yet. I PPI's them, but have no PPI with them.

10/2/16 - CCA request posted.

29/3/16 - CCA received, sent to Niddy to look at.

Letter received from Barclaycard dated 29/3/16. We have been trying to contact you for several months, but haven't been able to reach a suitable repayment arrangement with you. As your account it still overdue, we need to let you know what will happen if you don't make a payment or get in touch with us. It then goes on about issuing a default notice.

Spoke to Plan B today about this account and there are a few discrepancies on both the forms supplied and credit file. Still waiting for Niddy to return, but pretty much look unenforceable. Also missing Conditions.

22/4/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £45.60 interest and £12 'other charge' added.

11/5/16 - default notice received from barclaycard dated 5 May 2016.

23/5/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £42.04 interest added.

8/6/16 - letter received from barclaycard dated 2/6/16.

A default has been registered on your account - you now need to pay your balance in full (it's basically telling me that my account is with the recoveries team and may be passed to a DCA - it's a side and a half of a page)!

15/9/16 - letter received from barclaycard dated 10/9/16. I am writing to notify you that the above account was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited (HPH2 LTD) on 22/8/16. This means that the effective owners of the above account are now Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. HPH2 Ltd has appointed Robinson Way Limited as their servicing agent to manage your account on their behalf. All contact regarding this account should now be directed to Robinson Way. With effect from the date of receipt of this notice all payments due to barclaycard shall be paid to HPH2 Ltd via Robinson Way.

16/9/16 - two letters received in the same envelope from HPH2 ltd and Robinson Way

28/9/16 - letter from Robinson way dated 22/9/16 offering me four payment options with a weekly payment

10/10/16 - letter received from Robinson way.

it is important that you get in touch with us to tell us about your situation. If we don't hear from you, we will have to make a decision on what happens next to the balance you owe.

options we have to consider are

* whether to advise our client to instruct Howard Cohen & Co solicitors to commence legal action against you; or
    * further collection activity, letters and calls

We would prefer to agree an affordable arrangement and it's not too late for this.

alternatively, our client has confirmed they are willing to accept a single payment of £2,490.63 to clear this balance in one payment

please contact us .................blah

4/11/16 - letter received from Robinson Way dated 31/10/16

Pre-Legal Assessment
    your account remains unpaid despite previous attempts to contact you.
    we have assessed your account and established that it meets our initial criteria to be considered for legal action. We now need to understand your individual circumstances to determine the most appropriate action to be taken for your account.
    The best way for us to understand your circumstances is for you to contact us. If you do not contact us we will be forced to assess your account for litigation based on the information we currently hold for you.

what this means for you

*Your account may be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors in 10 days without further notice.
    *If your account is transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors and court action is taken they will ask the court for an order adding legal costs and interest to the amount you owe. If the court grants their request then the amount you owe will increase.

its not too late to agree and affordable payment plan:

*if you would rather agree and affordable payment plan directly with us to prevent us considering passing your account to Howard Cohen & Co or if you believe you have a valid dispute relating to this account please call us before 11/11/16.

*if you prefer you can deal with your account online ......blah

24/11/16 - letter received from Robinson Way dated 19/11/16 - Another Pre Legal Assessment letter the same as the one above giving me until 30/12/16 to contact them.

14/12/16 - notice of Pending Legal Action received from Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors threatening court action.

14/12/16 - SWID sent to Robinson Way and LBA sent to Howard Cohen.

30/12/16 - letter from Robinson Way noting my complaint/dispute. Collection activities ceased until its investigated.

22/8/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for the information requested (standard template letter)still

6/10/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for the information requested (standard template letter same as above). This letter also states that they will write to me again in five weeks.

8/11/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for a response from Barclaycard

4/12/17 - Letter from Robinson way dated 30/11/17

Further to you Consumer Credit Act Request.

Please note, if an original credit agreement was not available, under the Consumer Credit Act a reconstituted copy may be provided.

Please forward your proposals for payment to us within the next 30 days, for which the account has been held for. We have enclosed a financial statement to assist you with this.

If we dont hear back from you within this time, collections activity will resume.

July 2018 - letter received from Robinson Way asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan.

july 2018 - letter received from Robinson way asking me why I haven’t contacted them and that a 50% settlement is available.

August 2018 - letter from Robinson way offering a 19% discount

Sept 2018 - letter from Robinson way asking me to get in touch or further collection activity MAY be taken against me.

18/3/19 - Agree a payment plan letter

20/4/19 - pay just 60% of your balance

7/6/19 - we speak to people every day letter

6/7/19 - pre legal assessment (I responded with a sold in dispute letter)

16/7/19 - acknowledgement of my complaint

7/8/19 - still investigating my complaint. Hope to have a response by 4th September

26/9/19 - letter of claim from Howard Cohen solicitors

4/10/19 - reply sent to letter of claim. Box D ticked. copy of letter from robinson way stating they are dealing with my complaint from July.

7/10/19 - confirmed delivery and signed for of reply. Signed for by: MCCARTHY Delivered: 7:23am

2/11/19 - letter received from Robinson Way stating that they had sent me a letter in August (not received) and that my complaint hadn't been upheld and that they enclose a copy (no copy enclosed). I hadn't made an offer to pay so enclosed a income and expenditure form for me to fill in and return and the account is on hold until 22nd november. No CCA received from Robinson way for this.

30/11/19 - Reported Hoist Portfolio to Financial Ombudsman.

4/12/19 0 response from financial ombudsman saying they are busy and will be in touch as soon as they can. Nothing further received from Robinson way or Hoist.

Between this date and today, I have had a few standard chasing letters.

28/5/21 - Letter received from hoist dated 24 May 21 titles pre-legal assessment. lots of 'may' and 'considered' used in it stating it may be transferred to Howard Cohen solicitors. Lets hope they don't do anything. I still haven't had a CCA from them even though they told me they sent me one. I have a copy of what barclaycard holds for me and can't see any paperwork for it.

10/09/21 - letter of claim received dated 4/09/21 giving me until 04/10/21 to respond.

14/10/21 - court claim received
    Last edited by JLC; 14 October 2021, 10:27.

Comment

Capital One
      • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Sept 2006
      • Approx balance £1997.17 (I have paid £1507.17)
      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in 2011,
      • Are you on arrangement or not - not any more!
      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Capital One

Haven't CCA'd them yet. Have sent off for PPI. These are next on my list for CCA's.

10/1/16 - CCA posted
      11/02/16 - PPI letter received no PPI.

11/03/16 - Scanned copy of CCA received. Will send to Niddy for viewing.

this debt is enforceable.

29/3/16. Letter received from Capital One

basically saying they hadn't received any payments from step change and have had no communication from them regarding the account. If nothing is received within 14 days of the date of this letter (letter dated 21/3/16 but received today) then they may pass on to a DCA or may choose to sell to a debt purchaser.

Letter received dated 7th April 2016

I am writing to inform you that we have instructed Fredrickson International Ltd to act on our behalf to arrange repayment of your capital one account.

Fredrickson International Ltd will be able to help you find the right solution to repay your outstanding balance.

Fredrickson International Ltd will be in contact with your shortly, however you can contact the, anytime to discuss your account.

(Fredericksons address and phone number)

All contact and payments regarding your account should now be with Frederickson International Ltd. If you have an existing Standing Order or Direct Debit you will need to cancel it and arrange payments with Frederickson International Ltd.

(is this good or bad?)

14/4/16 - send SWID letter and telephone harrasment letter.

21/4/16 - Letter received from Fredrickon dated 18th April 2016.

"Capital One (Europe) plc have instructed us to contact you regarding the above account and all communications should now be with us. We would like to work with you to clear the outstanding balance. Please contact us to discuss your account and financial position so we can help you agree and affordable payment plan. You can get in touch with one of our team members on .......... For your convenience we offer a variety of payment methods. Full details are set out on the reverse of this letter. You can also access your account online at www.fredpay.com to make payment, see answers to FAQ's and send and received secure messages. It is important that you contact us as soon as possible to avoid further letters and phone calls regarding your account."

29/4/16 - statement of activity dated 25/4/16 received from Capital one.

30/4/16 - letter dated 28th April 16 received from Fredrickson
      we write in response to your recent communication and note the content. We apologise for the phone calls made to you previously and confirm all numbers have been removed from our system and all future correspondence will be in writing where appropriate. We are sorry for any distress, confusion or inconvienience this may have caused you as this was not our intention. We have referred this matter to our client and we will revert to you in due course.

3/5/16 - letter from Fredrickson dated 29th April 16 received. Exactly the same as the one above!

16/5/16 - letter received from Capital one dated 5th May 16 telling me they sent the documents required, they've complied with their obligations etc. Agreement is enforceable and they will continue to treat it as such.

25/6/16 - letter received from Fredricksons telling me capital one have sent documents to me. Please fill in an income and expenditure form.

21/7/16 - letter received from capital one dated 17 July 2017 telling me that the account is now being handled by Apex Credit Management on their behalf.

27/7/16 - letter dated 24th July received from Apex Credit Management informing me that the account details has been passed to them by Capital One as a collection agent.

may 2017 - I have tried to get this debt written off, but capital one refused. Last September they gave me six months 'break'. A coup,e of weeks ago, I offered an F&F of £500 on this but it was refused (I received a letter for this today). I am now going to see what happens as I know have even less income than I had when I wrote to them last year. I only have carers allowance and my very small pension. I've lost my DLA, so don't even have that any more.

28/4/18 - statement of accounts received from Capital one
      Last edited by JLC; 28 April 2018, 10:53.

Comment

Tesco

• Type of account Credit Card (business)
        • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Not sure as it isn't on my credit file
        • Approx balance £2993 (I have paid £40.00)
        • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in Oct 2015,
        • Are you on arrangement or not not any more!
        • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Tesco

This one is new on the plan and I haven't done anything with it yet. It is next on my list as I was going to deal with the DCA's first.

8/2/16 - had a letter confirming they will accept my £15 payment through stepchange and will review it in six months time.

10/2/16 - CCA posted

20/02/16 - letter from Tesco dated 18/2/16 requesting me to sign the letter so replied with demand of signature letter on 20/2/16
        Last edited by JLC; 18 April 2016, 11:20.

Comment

Marks & Spencer Card (started off as a chargecard)
          • Type of account Credit Card/charge card
          • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 8th April 1998
          • Approx balance £4138.01 (I have paid £3115)
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying not anymore sin Jan 16
          • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Idem Servicing

8/2/16 - received a letter telling me they are looking at my complaint for PPI (from M&S)
          8/2/16 - received a letter from Idem telling me they were looking to get my CCA and I should hear from them in 12 working days from the date of the letter (4th Feb, although they signed for it on the 2nd Feb)

22/2/16 - received a letter from Idem servicing dated 19th Feb which refers to my HSBC account but includes my application form for a store card from M&S. Account ref refers to M&S.

22/2/16 - another letter received same day different envelope referencing M&S account stating that they are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement and acknowledge that until they do the agreement cannot be enforced. However, the balance of the account is still outstanding and we will continue to persue this debt which will include registering any arrears and defaults with the CRAs. The balance on your account is £4077.80 remains due and payable and we will continue to contact you to discuss your repayment proposals. You are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate, but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Yours sincerely Ian Folley Case Handler/Conciliator

23/2/16 - Niddy confirms . Sit tight and wait for next letter then use missing PT's letter

12/3/16 - letter received from Idem Servicing:

There is currently no agreed payment arrangement in place for your account. Unless we are able to rectify this within the next seven days, your account will be reviewed for further action, which could result in either:

a) Your account being placed with our internal Recoveries Department, or

b) Your account being placed with an external debt collection agency for recovery activity.

We want to work with you to secure a long term, mutually acceptable payment arrangement, therefore please contact our office on blah blah blah

the letter goes on, but its just a load of crap

14/5/16 - letter received from Idem servicing dated 11 May 2016.
          We recently wrote to you to advise that your account is being managed within our recoveries department and that it was important for you to make contact with our office. As yet we still have not been able to speak with you to discuss your circumstances and establish an ongoing arrangement for your account. This matter is now urgent. Please contact our office on 0800375797 and our experienced staff will be happy to discuss this with you. Blah blah blah

9/6/16 - letter received from Idem Servicing dated 6th June 2016
          We are increasingly concerned that we have not been able to speak to you about your account.

We are keen to speak to you in order to understand your situation, so that we can place you on the most appropriate payment arrangement.

Failure to make contact with us may result in the following;
          1) a representative may be instructed to visit your property
          2) your account may be placed with an external DCA
          3) our litigation department may instigate court proceedings

Please contact us as a matter of urgency on 0800 375 796 and our experienced team will be happy to help you. blah blah blah

16/7/2016 - letter from Idem Servicing dated 13 July 2016

We have attempted to contact you on a number of occasions to discuss the outstanding balance on your account. Please contact us on 0800 375 797 within seven days of the date of this letter. Our office hours are (blah blah). In the event that we do not receive contact from you we will appoint and external company, fidelite credit management ltd, to visit your property. The purpose of the visit is to regain contact with you so we can discuss your current financial situation and agree and appropriate payment plan, in accordance with your ability to pay. IF you are experiencing any difficulties there are a number of organisations who can help you (blah blah).

30/7/16 - letter from Fidelite Credit Management dated 27/7/16. Account been passed to them. If I do not contact Idem, it may result in a visit. Blah Blah Blah

(*note added 14/12/16 - The letters/phone calls/text messages that I have been receiving in relation to the HSBC debt in post #8 actually refer to this debt. I wanted to put this note in as I have been going through my paperwork and all cabots and rob ways paperwork refer to HSBC but it's actually this account)

12/4/18 - letter received from cabot dated 6/4/18

YOUR ACCOUNT

Idem - M and S have confirmed that they are buying back your account from the Cabot Credit Management Group and will now help you manage your account moving forward.
          Your outstanding balance £xxxxx has been returned back to Idem - M and S.
          Where your account is reported to the Credit Reference Agencies, we will no longer appear on your credit report and Idem - M and S may resume responsibility for reporting this information where necessary.
          NEXT STEPS
          If you have a repayment plan with us we will cancel that as we will no longer be responsible for receiving your payments. Please ensure that no further payments are sent to us in error.
          If you have any questions about your account, please direct them to Idem - M and S, who will be able to help you.
          Last edited by JLC; 12 April 2018, 12:14.

Comment

Originally MBNA card (Barclaycard)

• Type of account Business Credit Card
            • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) June 09
            • Approx balance £792.41 (I have paid £595.46)
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not paying since Jan 16
            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) MKDP

I have CCA's MKDP on 1st February - yet to get a response.

29/2/16 - Letter from Robinson Way dated 24/2/16.
            We have received notification from your authorised representative that you are no longer dealing with them and ask you to kindly complete the enclosed financial statement, including and offer of repayment based on your affordability.

We will place your account on hold for 30 days whilst we wait for your response. If you require help or advice, dealing with your financial difficulties, there are several organisations that offer free impartial advice.

You can also contact our trained debt specialist on 0161 743 2573 or contact us via email at contactus@robinson-way.com or via our website at www.robway.co.uk.

1/3/16 - CCA to Robinson Way

7/3/16 - response from Robinson Way noting my dispute/query. Stop all collection. Let us know if we can assist further.

20/4/16 - letter from Robinson Way dated 14/4/16

please note we have not yet received a response from the original creditor (aww shame!)

This note is to let you know that we are continuing to seek an update and we will let you know the response as soon as we can. Action on your account has been temporarily stopped whilst we await a resolution.

Thank you for your patience.

03/6/16 - letter received from Robinson Way dated 28/5/16 basically the same as the one received on 20/4/16.

15/7/16 - another letter telling me they are still continuing a seek and update.

11/2/17 - letter today received from Hoist dated 7/2/17 saying

"we refer to the query you raised previously in relation to this account and apologise for the delay in getting back to you, we appreciate this may have been some time ago.

As we are unable to resolve your query in a satisfactory manner, we have taken the decision to write off the account and cease all collections activity with immediate effect.

We can therefore confirm that any entry on your credit file in respect of this account has been deleted. We trust this is a satisfactory resolution for you and thank you for your patience in this matter".
            Last edited by JLC; 11 February 2017, 12:53.

Comment

Virgin MBNA
              • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Feb 07
              • Approx balance £1859.47 (I have paid £1396.38)
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying since Jan 16
              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Moorgate

CCA's on 1st Feb to DCA and PPI to MBNA on same date. No response yet.

22/2/16 - response from Moorgate dated 19/2/16. Lots of crappy paperwork. Looking at it, I don't think its enforceable (not sure I should say why on here), but have uploaded it to get it checked in the private area.
              23/2/16 - Niddy confirms irredeemably as all MBNA Virgin cards pre 04/07 are. Just snuck in with this one! Sit tight and wait for next letter then use missing PT's letter.

14/3/16 letter dated 9/3/16 received from Moorgate (pretty much the same as Saturdays ones)

There is currently no agreed payment arrangement in place for your account. Unless we are able to rectify this within the next seven days, your account will be reviewed for further action, which could result in either:

b) Your account being placed with an external debt collection agency for recovery activity.

We want to work with you to secure a long term, mutually acceptable payment arrangement, therefore please contact our office on blah blah blah

4/5/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 11 May 2016.
              We recently wrote to you to advise that your account is being managed within our recoveries department and that it was important for you to make contact with our office. As yet we still have not been able to speak with you to discuss your circumstances and establish an ongoing arrangement for your account. This matter is now urgent. Please contact our office on 0800375797 and our experienced staff will be happy to discuss this with you. Blah blah blah

9/6/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 6th June 2016
              We are increasingly concerned that we have not been able to speak to you about your account.

We are keen to speak to you in order to understand your situation, so that we can place you on the most appropriate payment arrangement.

3) our litigation department may instigate court proceedings

Please contact us as a matter of urgency on 0800 375 796 and our experienced team will be happy to help you. blah blah blah

16/7/2016 - letter from Moorgate dated 13 July 2016

We have attempted to contact you on a number of occasions to discuss the outstanding balance on your account. Please contact us on 0800 375 797 within seven days of the date of this letter. Our office hours are (blah blah). In the event that we do not receive contact from you we will appoint and external company, fidelite credit management ltd, to visit your property. The purpose of the visit is to regain contact with you so we can discuss your current financial situation and agree and appropriate payment plan, in accordance with your ability to pay. IF you are experiencing any difficulties there are a number of organisations who can help you (blah blah).

30/7/16 - letter from Fidelite Credit Management dated 27/7/16. Account been passed to them. If I do not contact Idem, it may result in a visit. Blah Blah Blah

7/10/16 - letter from Moorgate informing me that they still haven't received my income and expenditure form.

21/10/17 - letter received from Moorgate telling me they still haven't heard from me.

31/10/16 - letter received from moorgate dated 27th October 2016.

Despite our numerous attempts to contact you we have not had a response from you or an indication of willingness from you to resolve this matter.
              Further to our last correspondence we have reviewed your account and determined that further action is necessary. Therefore, we are instructing our litigation department to begin legal proceedings, to obtain a monetary judgement.
              This course of action could also lead to the following enforcement options being initiated
              *obtaining and attachment/arrestment of earnings order
              *obtaining a charging/inhibition order against your property (where you are a homeowner)
              The litigation department will be in with you in due course to advise you of the next steps. All costs incurred following the commencement of successful litigation action will be payable by you.
              We can withdraw this instruction if you contact our offices within five days of the date of this letter and make satisfactory arrangements regarding your account.
              Blah blah blah

12/11/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 9/11/16
              You were recently issued a letter advising that we will be instructing our litigation department to commence legal proceedings in order to obtain a monetary judgement.

upon further review of your account we have decided that this action will not be undertaken at this time, however we would encourage you to contact us to agree an ongoing solution.

10/12/16 - statement of account received.

7/12/17 - letter from Moorgate dated 4th January 2017 advising me that idem had purchased my account which they (Moorgate) had been administering on behalf of britannica recoveries acting in the name of Britannia mortlake before being sold to Cabot credit management. My account was transferred on 16th November 2016.

19/1/17 - letter from Cabot dated 13/1/17 reminding me that they had bought the debt and ask me to contact them.

5/5/17 - letter from Cabot dated 30/4/17 telling me the balance is waiting to be paid and that I need to repay the amount and that there are options to choose from. Income/expenditure form enclosed with SAE to return it!

3/6/17 - reminder letter received requesting payment.

19/7/17 - reminder letter about the debt

19/7/17 - sent SWID (I didn't want to leave it too long before telling them)

31/7/17 - response to SWID stating that they do not believe they are harassing me and that there is no record of me making a CCA request to them. They have passed the letter to their disputes department and I will hear from them soon.

28/4/18 - Letter received from Cabot dated 25/4/28.

YOUR REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER THE CCA

We have been unable to get the information requested from the original lender. If this information ever becomes available to us we will complete your request, but until we are able to supply this your account is unenforceable.
              WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
              This means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in court, but we can still request that you repay your outstanding balance .........blah blah blah

5/6/18 - letter received from Cabot just asking me to contact them as they have a new way to help me clear the debt. Filed away and will wait to see what I get next.

July 2018 - letter received from Cabot stating that they haven’t been successful in finding an appropriate solution to the debt and that they are considering sending the account to an external debt collection agency and urge me to contact them in the next fourteen days.
              Last edited by JLC; 2 August 2018, 11:46.

Comment

HSBC credit card
                • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Dec 04
                • Approx balance £5167.36 (I have paid £3845.66)
                • Are you on arrangement or not paying not paid since Jan 16
                • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Moorgate

Requested CCA 1st Feb 16 - Response on 8th Feb 16 (date 4th Feb) saying they will get one withing 12 working days. Again letter signed for on the 2nd Feb 2016

22/2/16 - letter received dated 19/2/16 from Idem Servicing (though this is a Moorgate debt) relating to this account stating that they are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement and acknowledge that until they do the agreement cannot be enforced
                . However, the balance of the account is still outstanding and we will continue to persue this debt which will include registering any arrears and defaults with the CRAs. The balance on your account is £5092.21 remains due and payable and we will continue to contact you to discuss your repayment proposals. You are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate, but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Yours sincerely Ian Folley Case Handler/Conciliator

The above letter came from Idem, but this account is supposed to be managed by Moorgate. I think Ian has got himself a bit confused!

12/3/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 9/3/16

Letter dated 29th March 2016 received from Moorgate stating they have been instructed to make contact with me to agree a solution regarding 'my' outstanding balance.

4/5/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 11 May 2016.

9/6/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 6th June 2016

27/6/16 - letter received from Moorcroft in response to my CCA request. It's a reconstituted copy of my CCA. It's 46 pages of illegible credit card terms (10 pages taken from a leaflet), important changes to your agreement (16 pages), HSBC bank credit card agreement terms (12 pages - dated 18/4/2011), computer printout and a pre approved credit card form signed by me dated 20/10/2004), another printout with my details on then two statement for May and June 2016 which I have not received.

niddy confirmed its

16/7/2016 - letter from Moorgate dated 13 July 2016

30/7/16 - letter from Fidelite Credit Management dated 27/7/16. Account been passed to them. If I do not contact moorgate, it may result in a visit. Blah Blah Blah

7/10/16 - letter received from Moorgate informing me that I haven't returned an income and expenditure form.

7/11/16 - letter from Moorgate received dated 2/11/16. The letter is offering me 25% of the current balance.

28/11/16 - letter from Idem Servicing dated 22/11/16 informing me my account has been sold to Cabot Credit Management Group

2/12/16 (7.40pm) - telephone call from Cabot. Asked them not to call my number again.

3/12/16 - text message received today. Number now blocked.

5/12/16 - text message received today

5/12/16 - letter received from Cabot (no date on the letter) asking me to contact them.

6/12/16 approx 10am, another telephone call from Cabot which my mums PA answered and just said I wasn't here.

7/12/16 approx 9.20am - another telephone call. Harrassment letter sent today.

7/12/16 approx 2pm - another text message from Cabot received.

8/12/16 - letter received from Cabot dated 2/12/16 telling me they have confirmed that I live at my address. It then goes on. There is another sheet with the title "important information about your account" it goes in to say that this letter is the notice of assignment and it is important to me.

8/12/16 - SWID letter sent

10/12/16 - letter received dated 6/12/16 the same as the one received on 8th December.

19/12/16 - Letter received from Cabot (dated 15/12/16) regarding my request for information under sections 77-79 of the CCA 1974 (I sent SWID letter). It states that they will be unable to provide the information under the 12 days agreement as it has to come from the original creditor (good luck with that as you have the wrong account!) and may take 40 days. If they don't get a response they will contact me and update me.

19/12/16 - letter dated 15/12/16 received from Cabot in relation to my complaint. They have removed my phone numbers and will only contact me in writing. They also enclose and I & E form and would like me to contact them to make a payment arrangement.

7/1/17 - letter from Moorgate dated 4th January 2017 advising me that idem had purchased my account which they (Moorgate) had been administering on behalf of britannica recoveries acting in the name of Britannia mortlake before being sold to Cabot credit management. My account was transferred on 16th November 2016.

19/1/17 - letter received from Cabot reminding me they purchased this debt

5/5/17 - letter from Cabot dated 30/4/17 telling me the balance is waiting to be paid and that I need to repay the amount and that there are options to choose from. Income/expenditure form enclosed with SAE to return it!

3/6/17 - reminder letter received requesting payment

19/7/17 - reminder letter from Cabot about the debt

19/7/17 - SWID sent to Cabot.

31/7/17 - response to SWID stating that they do not believe they are harassing me and that there is no record of me making a CCA request to them. They have passed the letter to their disputes department and I will hear from them soon.

28/4/18 - Letter received from Cabot dated 25/4/28.

YOUR REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER THE CCA

We have been unable to get the information requested from the original lender. If this information ever becomes available to us we will complete your request, but until we are able to supply this your account is unenforceable.
                WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
                This means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in court, but we can still request that you repay your outstanding balance .........blah blah blah

5/6/18 - letter received from Cabot just asking me to contact them as they have a new way to help me clear the debt. Filed away and will wait to see what I get next.

July 2018 - letter received from Cabot stating that they haven’t been successful in finding an appropriate solution to the debt and that they are considering sending the account to an external debt collection agency and urge me to contact them in the next fourteen days.
                Last edited by JLC; 2 August 2018, 11:42.

Comment

Paypal
                  • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Nov 06
                  • Approx balance £1691.61 (I have paid £1333.07)
                  • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP was with fee paying now with stepchange
                  • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Arrow Global

CCA'd them on 1st Feb, nothing yet.
                  13/2/16 - letter from Arrow global:
                  Arrow global led acount xxxxxxx
                  ASSIGNED BY Santander (account number xxxx)

We thank you for your letter dated 12/2/16 received on 12/2/16 (my letter was dated 31st January, posted on 1st Feb) and acknowledge your request for documentation persuant to the consumer credit act 1974.

We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course.

we confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.

we return the payment of £1.00

24/5/16 - letter from Arrow Global received dated 23/5/16

in response to a request for a statement under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we enclose:

1. A copy of the agreement
                  2. A copy of the originators statements;

We confirm:
                  A. The account in in default;
                  B. The total sum outstanding is £1691.61; and
                  C. The amounts which will become payable comprise interest and costs, depending on what enforcement action is taken against your client;

The account is currently being operated on our behalf by NCO Europe Limited. We will deal with this document request only and all other enquirers should be directed to them, contact details as below:

telephone 03300 601 082, new city house, 57-63 Ringway, Preston, PR1 1HJ

27/5/16 - Letter received from NCO Europe Ltd dated 26 May 2016

We are writing to you regarding your recent request for a copy of your original consumer credit agreement. Please note that we have received a response from Arrow Global that this has now been sent to your address as listed above. As per a telephone conversation today help with one of our associates we have now also inactivated any contact numbers from our system as requested. In order for us to place you account back into a formal arrangement we require you to complete a new income and expenditure form, including the balances and the payments you are making to all of your creditors. This is to ensure your payments are affordable and sustainable. For your convenience we have enclosed a blank form and kindly ask you to complete and return at your earliest convenience. We will place your account on hold for 30 days awaiting this and once received we will be able to place your account into a suitable arangement. We are here to help, so should you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact ourselves on .... blah blah.

August 2018 - letter received from Arrow global informing me that they have failed to send me statements each year and attached a copy of up to date statement.
                  Last edited by JLC; 25 August 2018, 13:47.

Comment

I also have a co-operative Business overdraft that is currently in a complaint with the FOS due to them being unreasonable in asking me to pay £185 or they would take me to court and put a charging order on my home. The FOS have a letter about this. My husband has been paying our mortgage for the last 10 years without any contribution to me.

I have CCA'd all the above and PPI'd all original creditors. My next step is to CCA Barclaycard (if its worth it), Capital one and Tesco. I was waiting for them to DCA it, but Barclaycard and Capital one haven't and I have been on a DMP since 2011. Both are defaulted and Capital one is down as a closed account, barclaycard isn't and is still showing with a credit limit on my file.

I also have a PPI going through on my old Mortgage that I had with Britannia. I have had a letter telling me they are looking into it, but could take six weeks (which is standard).

That is me!

Comment

Hi & welcome - very impressive starter posts above. Well done

Before attacking the CCA side of things can you please clarify one thing for me - your ppi reclaims, you've not done those yet have you? I hope not - reason being that if the debt has been assigned, say to a DCA, then the original creditor must refund you direct. This is handy because the DCA never knows do assume there was a £10k debt and you got £5k ppi refunded, there's a good chance the DCA would take £2,000-£3000 in F&F.

Its like playing poker. Why offset the whole refund, especially if the debt happens to be UE- in which case you'd keep everything and be quids in for once....
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Good luck x
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have done the PPIs. I really don't think there will be any (barclaycard have already confirmed this). The Britannia one now co-op) is joint so don't think there is any worries there. I'm not sure what will come from m&s as I've always turned down PPI. I just thought I'd try it.

My plan (if it works) is that, if I don't get CCAs from the DCAs, they accept money paid as full and final settlement. It is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that if they have collected money and have no CCA they have in fact collected it illegally. So if they don't accept monies received as F&F, then I would reclaim monies paid. I will also tell them that they can't sell the remainder on etc etc etc. As you can see above, I've already paid quite a bit back (40% ish I think)

Comment

Hi welcome to AAD and good luck. Unfortunately, your argument re no CCA and monies paid isn't true; however AAD has letters and a set route to deal with us enforceability. As and when you receive replies if you post them here you will get guidance/suggestions on the best way forward.

Any agreements that you do revive should be sent to Niddy (never in doubt) unedited with a link to this thread. This us totally secure.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                              I have done the PPIs. I really don't think there will be any (barclaycard have already confirmed this). The Britannia one now co-op) is joint so don't think there is any worries there. I'm not sure what will come from m&s as I've always turned down PPI. I just thought I'd try it.

My plan (if it works) is that, if I don't get CCAs from the DCAs, they accept money paid as full and final settlement. It is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that if they have collected money and have no CCA they have in fact collected it illegally. So if they don't accept monies received as F&F, then I would reclaim monies paid. I will also tell them that they can't sell the remainder on etc etc etc. As you can see above, I've already paid quite a bit back (40% ish I think)
                              No you're wrong / misguided. In fact each point above is wrong both lawfully and legally.

You're kinda doing things wrong here. All you do is send a CCA request. That's it.

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...PDATED-09-2015
                              Last edited by Pixie; 21 February 2016, 19:49.
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X