GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

OK, thanks. As I said, I'm still waiting to hear from them all. I have the 12+2 letter set up ready in case I don't hear from them. As soon I hear back, I will post an update.

Comment

Hi - I've just paid a subscription - thanks for your help so far.

Comment

Don't be so keen to send the 12+2. There's many equations such as start date etc to consider. You know if they don't comply and you stop paying, there ain't much they can do other than take you to court. That's why the lack of compliance with your s.78 request matters so much. As they cannot enforce whilst in breach and a judge cannot award an order either
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
          Hi - I've just paid a subscription - thanks for your help so far.
          Last edited by Pixie; 21 February 2016, 19:50. Reason: updated username
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, thanks. I guess I need to inform step change to stop paying them for now?

Comment

Ok, thanks. I guess I need to inform step change to stop paying them for now?
              I would but then again I'd also likely be asking the banks and also trying to get the £xxx's back from the old DMP provider. Lots of voices, all depends how far you're prepared to push
              Last edited by Pixie; 21 February 2016, 19:50.

Comment

As far as it needs to. I will take your advice on it. Why do you advise I claim back from the paying DMP? Is it because they should have done this? I did ask them a couple of years ago if I should check to see if everything was as it was and was advised not to. If you want to know the name, I can tell you, but wouldn't want to put it on here in case I was accused of advertising.

- - - Updated - - -

I've paid back £14k so far, which was a struggle, so any help is good!

Comment

I didn't advise you claimed anything. I said it's what I'd be doing

Comment

Maybe you could PM what you'd be doing once we get the CCA's back, although judging by the dates I got the cards, I don't think I'd be getting them!

Comment

Thing is each case works on it's own merits, so what I am saying is what may work for one may not work for another.

In your case, you need to establish whether you were misled into the DMP - were you, for instance told that you'd be debt free? Were you told anything untoward that hasn't materialised such as a promise of no interest or a set finish date? See this for details --> https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...plan-provider/

However, based on the dates of your debts it's likely most won't be able to fully comply with the s.78 request - bear in mind overdrafts are different and use different templates - see here for info --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information

So if I was in your situation right now, I would literally stop the DMP and send the CCA request and then from there, play ping-pong letters for a while. Obviously you realise that your debts won't be SB as you've been paying into them so really all the good history will now go down the pan; you'll have =^ more years of adverse data now. I really hate DMP's but sadly they rarely tell you that your credit situation just pauses, we say stop paying - get defaulted early - then that side of things are finished plus it helps count towards SB.

So for now, see what info comes back then email me the agreements when they arrive and we'll go through them with you.

Comment

Ok, will do. Luckily all interest and charges have been frozen since 2011. I thought I would tackle the DCA's first and then the debts that are with the original creditors. I only looked at the dates I took them out yesterday. I need to keep the DMP going for telco, barclaycard, cap one and coop (particularly the co op as they wanted £185 a month). I thought it would be easier to tackle them in bits rather than all at once. My poor little brain is too tired to take too much! I'll tell step change to cease payment to certain creditors until further notice, if they don't I'll remove them off the plan. It's quite a lot to get my head around!

Comment

Ok, will do. Luckily all interest and charges have been frozen since 2011.
                          How is that so? You said this originally (so why the increase of +10 years?)

At the beginning with the £33k debt, I was due to be on a DMP for 9 years paying £300 a month. Now after 5 Years, it’s going to be another 14 years
                          Last edited by Pixie; 21 February 2016, 19:51.

Comment

All the ones that are witc DCAs are all defaulted anyway. I presume they can't default it for a second time? They are all listed under closed accounts and will all drop off by the end of next year. I wish I'd known this stuff in 2011 because I would have just done it myself, but I was running a business and it seemed the easiest solution.

Comment

I'll tell step change to cease payment to certain creditors until further notice, if they don't I'll remove them off the plan. It's quite a lot to get my head around!
                              They shouldn't do that - they suggest all debts are included as it can be seen to favour certain creditors - so you either cancel the whole thing or keep it live.

Comment

All the ones that are witc DCAs are all defaulted anyway. I presume they can't default it for a second time? They are all listed under closed accounts and will all drop off by the end of next year. I wish I'd known this stuff in 2011 because I would have just done it myself, but I was running a business and it seemed the easiest solution.
                                Yes you are correct regards defaults, one default per account. It's the SB issue I was more worried about - had there been no DMP you'd be a few grand better off and the debts would all be approaching SB (Statute of Limitation)....

Comment

Working...
                                X