GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Originally posted by JLC View Post
    HSBC credit card

• Type of account Credit Card
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Dec 04
    • Approx balance £5167.36 (I have paid £3845.66)
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in 2011,
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying not paid since Jan 16
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) in default since 2011
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Moorgate

Requested CCA 1st Feb 16 - Response on 8th Feb 16 (date 4th Feb) saying they will get one withing 12 working days. Again letter signed for on the 2nd Feb 2016

22/2/16 - letter received dated 19/2/16 from Idem Servicing (though this is a Moorgate debt) relating to this account stating that they are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement and acknowledge that until they do the agreement cannot be enforced. () However, the balance of the account is still outstanding and we will continue to persue this debt which will include registering any arrears and defaults with the CRAs. The balance on your account is £5092.21 remains due and payable and we will continue to contact you to discuss your repayment proposals. You are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate, but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Yours sincerely Ian Folley Case Handler/Conciliator

The above letter came from Idem, but this account is supposed to be managed by Moorgate. I think Ian has got himself a bit confused!

12/3/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 9/3/16

There is currently no agreed payment arrangement in place for your account. Unless we are able to rectify this within the next seven days, your account will be reviewed for further action, which could result in either:

a) Your account being placed with our internal Recoveries Department, or

b) Your account being placed with an external debt collection agency for recovery activity.

We want to work with you to secure a long term, mutually acceptable payment arrangement, therefore please contact our office on blah blah blah

the letter goes on, but its just a load of crap

Letter dated 29th March 2016 received from Moorgate stating they have been instructed to make contact with me to agree a solution regarding 'my' outstanding balance.

4/5/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 11 May 2016.
    We recently wrote to you to advise that your account is being managed within our recoveries department and that it was important for you to make contact with our office. As yet we still have not been able to speak with you to discuss your circumstances and establish an ongoing arrangement for your account. This matter is now urgent. Please contact our office on 0800375797 and our experienced staff will be happy to discuss this with you. Blah blah blah

update - letter received from Moorgate

Comment

Not much for you to do really JLC, See what comes next

Date, file, forget, Smile
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Capital One

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Sept 2006
        • Approx balance £1997.17 (I have paid £1507.17)
        • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in 2011,
        • Are you on arrangement or not - not any more!
        • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Capital One

Haven't CCA'd them yet. Have sent off for PPI. These are next on my list for CCA's.

10/1/16 - CCA posted
        11/02/16 - PPI letter received no PPI.

11/03/16 - Scanned copy of CCA received. Will send to Niddy for viewing.

this debt is enforceable.

29/3/16. Letter received from Capital One

basically saying they hadn't received any payments from step change and have had no communication from them regarding the account. If nothing is received within 14 days of the date of this letter (letter dated 21/3/16 but received today) then they may pass on to a DCA or may choose to sell to a debt purchaser.

Letter received dated 7th April 2016

I am writing to inform you that we have instructed Fredrickson International Ltd to act on our behalf to arrange repayment of your capital one account.

Fredrickson International Ltd will be able to help you find the right solution to repay your outstanding balance.

Fredrickson International Ltd will be in contact with your shortly, however you can contact the, anytime to discuss your account.

(Fredericksons address and phone number)

All contact and payments regarding your account should now be with Frederickson International Ltd. If you have an existing Standing Order or Direct Debit you will need to cancel it and arrange payments with Frederickson International Ltd.

(is this good or bad?)

14/4/16 - send SWID letter and telephone harrasment letter.

21/4/16 - Letter received from Fredrickon dated 18th April 2016.

"Capital One (Europe) plc have instructed us to contact you regarding the above account and all communications should now be with us. We would like to work with you to clear the outstanding balance. Please contact us to discuss your account and financial position so we can help you agree and affordable payment plan. You can get in touch with one of our team members on .......... For your convenience we offer a variety of payment methods. Full details are set out on the reverse of this letter. You can also access your account online at www.fredpay.com to make payment, see answers to FAQ's and send and received secure messages. It is important that you contact us as soon as possible to avoid further letters and phone calls regarding your account."

29/4/16 - statement of activity dated 25/4/16 received from Capital one.

30/4/16 - letter dated 28th April 16 received from Fredrickson
        we write in response to your recent communication and note the content. We apologise for the phone calls made to you previously and confirm all numbers have been removed from our system and all future correspondence will be in writing where appropriate. We are sorry for any distress, confusion or inconvienience this may have caused you as this was not our intention. We have referred this matter to our client and we will revert to you in due course.

3/5/16 - letter from Fredrickson dated 29th April 16 received. Exactly the same as the one above!

16/5/16 - letter received from Capital one dated 5th May 16 telling me they sent the documents required, they've complied with their obligations etc. Agreement is enforceable and they will continue to treat it as such.
        Letter received from Capital One in response to my SWID letter sent to Fredricksons.

Comment

Letter received from Capital One in response to my SWID letter sent to Fredricksons.
          Usual response from Capital One.

see

RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Also received a letter from Coop regarding my overdraft telling me that they have passed it on to their solicitors for recovery

I find this unfair considering they have a booklet they produce that claims they help people in my situation (http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/as...seeing-red.pdf).

Their letter says it may result in a CCJ against me.

Comment

Barclaycard

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 2006
              • Approx balance £3268.75 (I have paid £2440.78)
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying - not paid since Jan 16
              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Barclaycard

I haven't CCA'd Barclaycard yet. I PPI's them, but have no PPI with them.

10/2/16 - CCA request posted.

29/3/16 - CCA received, sent to Niddy to look at.

Letter received from Barclaycard dated 29/3/16. We have been trying to contact you for several months, but haven't been able to reach a suitable repayment arrangement with you. As your account it still overdue, we need to let you know what will happen if you don't make a payment or get in touch with us. It then goes on about issuing a default notice.

Spoke to Plan B today about this account and there are a few discrepancies on both the forms supplied and credit file. Still waiting for Niddy to return, but pretty much look unenforceable. Also missing Conditions.

22/4/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £45.60 interest and £12 'other charge' added.

11/5/16 - default notice received from barclaycard dated 5 May 2016.

23/5/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £42.04 interest added.
              Another statement from barclaycard. Interest added again.

Comment

You should be receiving a termination notice soon from Barclaycard and then interest will stop. TBH you're lucky that they've defaulted you so quickly!
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Paypal

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Nov 06
                  • Approx balance £1691.61 (I have paid £1333.07)
                  • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP was with fee paying now with stepchange
                  • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Arrow Global

CCA'd them on 1st Feb, nothing yet.
                  13/2/16 - letter from Arrow global:
                  Arrow global led acount xxxxxxx
                  ASSIGNED BY Santander (account number xxxx)

We thank you for your letter dated 12/2/16 received on 12/2/16 (my letter was dated 31st January, posted on 1st Feb) and acknowledge your request for documentation persuant to the consumer credit act 1974.

We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course.

we confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.

we return the payment of £1.00

24/5/16 - letter from Arrow Global received dated 23/5/16

in response to a request for a statement under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we enclose:

1. A copy of the agreement
                  2. A copy of the originators statements;

We confirm:
                  A. The account in in default;
                  B. The total sum outstanding is £1691.61; and
                  C. The amounts which will become payable comprise interest and costs, depending on what enforcement action is taken against your client;

The account is currently being operated on our behalf by NCO Europe Limited. We will deal with this document request only and all other enquirers should be directed to them, contact details as below:

telephone 03300 601 082, new city house, 57-63 Ringway, Preston, PR1 1HJ
                  Letter received from Arrow Global. I already know this is . I guess I wait to see what happens next.

Comment

Are you sure that what they have sent fulfils s.78 ?
                    I would send a copy what you have been sent to Niddy

Comment

Have you checked that it is enforceable with Niddy? Have they sent the same documentation as before? It's not that long till it becomes SB, depending on when you stopped paying in 2011

Comment

I've been paying via a DMP until the beginning of the year. I sent an SAR request to Santander to check for PPI and a copy was enclosed. Niddy confirmed it was enforceable.

Comment

Phone call from NCO regarding PayPal card (via Arrow Global). Told them to remove the number and not to call again.

Comment

Paypal

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Nov 06
                            • Approx balance £1691.61 (I have paid £1333.07)
                            • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP was with fee paying now with stepchange
                            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Arrow Global

CCA'd them on 1st Feb, nothing yet.
                            13/2/16 - letter from Arrow global:
                            Arrow global led acount xxxxxxx
                            ASSIGNED BY Santander (account number xxxx)

We thank you for your letter dated 12/2/16 received on 12/2/16 (my letter was dated 31st January, posted on 1st Feb) and acknowledge your request for documentation persuant to the consumer credit act 1974.

We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course.

we confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.

we return the payment of £1.00

24/5/16 - letter from Arrow Global received dated 23/5/16

in response to a request for a statement under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we enclose:

1. A copy of the agreement
                            2. A copy of the originators statements;

We confirm:
                            A. The account in in default;
                            B. The total sum outstanding is £1691.61; and
                            C. The amounts which will become payable comprise interest and costs, depending on what enforcement action is taken against your client;

The account is currently being operated on our behalf by NCO Europe Limited. We will deal with this document request only and all other enquirers should be directed to them, contact details as below:

telephone 03300 601 082, new city house, 57-63 Ringway, Preston, PR1 1HJ

27/5/16 - Letter received from NCO Europe Ltd dated 26 May 2016

We are writing to you regarding your recent request for a copy of your original consumer credit agreement. Please note that we have received a response from Arrow Global that this has now been sent to your address as listed above. As per a telephone conversation today help with one of our associates we have now also inactivated any contact numbers from our system as requested. In order for us to place you account back into a formal arrangement we require you to complete a new income and expenditure form, including the balances and the payments you are making to all of your creditors. This is to ensure your payments are affordable and sustainable. For your convenience we have enclosed a blank form and kindly ask you to complete and return at your earliest convenience. We will place your account on hold for 30 days awaiting this and once received we will be able to place your account into a suitable arangement. We are here to help, so should you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact ourselves on .... blah blah.

letter received from NCO europe. Will ignore and see what they send next.

Comment

Originally MBNA card (Barclaycard)

• Type of account Business Credit Card
                              • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) June 09
                              • Approx balance £792.41 (I have paid £595.46)
                              • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not paying since Jan 16
                              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) MKDP

I have CCA's MKDP on 1st February - yet to get a response.

29/2/16 - Letter from Robinson Way dated 24/2/16.
                              We have received notification from your authorised representative that you are no longer dealing with them and ask you to kindly complete the enclosed financial statement, including and offer of repayment based on your affordability.

We will place your account on hold for 30 days whilst we wait for your response. If you require help or advice, dealing with your financial difficulties, there are several organisations that offer free impartial advice.

You can also contact our trained debt specialist on 0161 743 2573 or contact us via email at contactus@robinson-way.com or via our website at www.robway.co.uk.

1/3/16 - CCA to Robinson Way

7/3/16 - response from Robinson Way noting my dispute/query. Stop all collection. Let us know if we can assist further.

20/4/16 - letter from Robinson Way dated 14/4/16

please note we have not yet received a response from the original creditor (aww shame!)

This note is to let you know that we are continuing to seek an update and we will let you know the response as soon as we can. Action on your account has been temporarily stopped whilst we await a resolution.

Thank you for your patience.

03/6/16 - letter received from Robinson Way dated 28/5/16 basically the same as the one received on 20/4/16.
                              another letter received from Robinson way telling me that they are still waiting for a response from the original creditor (I think they will struggle with this one!!)

Comment

Barclaycard

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 2006
                                • Approx balance £3268.75 (I have paid £2440.78)
                                • Are you on arrangement or not paying - not paid since Jan 16
                                • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Barclaycard

I haven't CCA'd Barclaycard yet. I PPI's them, but have no PPI with them.

10/2/16 - CCA request posted.

29/3/16 - CCA received, sent to Niddy to look at.

Letter received from Barclaycard dated 29/3/16. We have been trying to contact you for several months, but haven't been able to reach a suitable repayment arrangement with you. As your account it still overdue, we need to let you know what will happen if you don't make a payment or get in touch with us. It then goes on about issuing a default notice.

Spoke to Plan B today about this account and there are a few discrepancies on both the forms supplied and credit file. Still waiting for Niddy to return, but pretty much look unenforceable. Also missing Conditions.

22/4/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £45.60 interest and £12 'other charge' added.

11/5/16 - default notice received from barclaycard dated 5 May 2016.

23/5/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £42.04 interest added.

8/6/16 - letter received from barclaycard dated 2/6/16.

A default has been registered on your account - you now need to pay your balance in full (it's basically telling me that my account is with the recoveries team and may be passed to a DCA - it's a side and a half of a page)!
                                Letter received from barclaycard telling me that my account is closed, may be passed yo a DCA. Its not too late to pay up, or arrange a payment pla. A page and a half of waffle.

Comment

Working...
                                X