GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Waffle and chocolate sauce x ignore see what comes and let us know xxxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BC very good at waffle, as Nanna says wait and see who gets it next x
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
        Virgin MBNA

• Type of account Credit Card
        • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Feb 07
        • Approx balance £1859.47 (I have paid £1396.38)
        • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in 2011,
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying since Jan 16
        • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) in default since 2011
        • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Moorgate

CCA's on 1st Feb to DCA and PPI to MBNA on same date. No response yet.

22/2/16 - response from Moorgate dated 19/2/16. Lots of crappy paperwork. Looking at it, I don't think its enforceable (not sure I should say why on here), but have uploaded it to get it checked in the private area.
        23/2/16 - Niddy confirms irredeemably as all MBNA Virgin cards pre 04/07 are. Just snuck in with this one! Sit tight and wait for next letter then use missing PT's letter.

14/3/16 letter dated 9/3/16 received from Moorgate (pretty much the same as Saturdays ones)

There is currently no agreed payment arrangement in place for your account. Unless we are able to rectify this within the next seven days, your account will be reviewed for further action, which could result in either:

a) Your account being placed with our internal Recoveries Department, or

b) Your account being placed with an external debt collection agency for recovery activity.

We want to work with you to secure a long term, mutually acceptable payment arrangement, therefore please contact our office on blah blah blah

the letter goes on, but its just a load of crap

4/5/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 11 May 2016.
        We recently wrote to you to advise that your account is being managed within our recoveries department and that it was important for you to make contact with our office. As yet we still have not been able to speak with you to discuss your circumstances and establish an ongoing arrangement for your account. This matter is now urgent. Please contact our office on 0800375797 and our experienced staff will be happy to discuss this with you. Blah blah blah

9/6/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 6th June 2016
        We are increasingly concerned that we have not been able to speak to you about your account.

We are keen to speak to you in order to understand your situation, so that we can place you on the most appropriate payment arrangement.

Failure to make contact with us may result in the following;
        1) a representative may be instructed to visit your property
        2) your account may be placed with an external DCA
        3) our litigation department may instigate court proceedings

Please contact us as a matter of urgency on 0800 375 796 and our experienced team will be happy to help you. blah blah blah
        Letter received from Moorgate. Should I send anything back?

Comment

HSBC credit card

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Dec 04
          • Approx balance £5167.36 (I have paid £3845.66)
          • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in 2011,
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying not paid since Jan 16

Requested CCA 1st Feb 16 - Response on 8th Feb 16 (date 4th Feb) saying they will get one withing 12 working days. Again letter signed for on the 2nd Feb 2016

22/2/16 - letter received dated 19/2/16 from Idem Servicing (though this is a Moorgate debt) relating to this account stating that they are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement and acknowledge that until they do the agreement cannot be enforced. () However, the balance of the account is still outstanding and we will continue to persue this debt which will include registering any arrears and defaults with the CRAs. The balance on your account is £5092.21 remains due and payable and we will continue to contact you to discuss your repayment proposals. You are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate, but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Yours sincerely Ian Folley Case Handler/Conciliator

The above letter came from Idem, but this account is supposed to be managed by Moorgate. I think Ian has got himself a bit confused!

12/3/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 9/3/16

There is currently no agreed payment arrangement in place for your account. Unless we are able to rectify this within the next seven days, your account will be reviewed for further action, which could result in either:

b) Your account being placed with an external debt collection agency for recovery activity.

We want to work with you to secure a long term, mutually acceptable payment arrangement, therefore please contact our office on blah blah blah

Letter dated 29th March 2016 received from Moorgate stating they have been instructed to make contact with me to agree a solution regarding 'my' outstanding balance.

We recently wrote to you to advise that your account is being managed within our recoveries department and that it was important for you to make contact with our office. As yet we still have not been able to speak with you to discuss your circumstances and establish an ongoing arrangement for your account. This matter is now urgent. Please contact our office on 0800375797 and our experienced staff will be happy to discuss this with you. Blah blah blah

We are increasingly concerned that we have not been able to speak to you about your account.

We are keen to speak to you in order to understand your situation, so that we can place you on the most appropriate payment arrangement.

Please contact us as a matter of urgency on 0800 375 796 and our experienced team will be happy to help you. blah blah blah
          similar letter received as with the virgin mbna account, but this one excludes the threat of litigation. Should I take any action?

Comment

Marks & Spencer Card (started off as a chargecard)

• Type of account Credit Card/charge card
            • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 8th April 1998
            • Approx balance £4138.01 (I have paid £3115)
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying not anymore sin Jan 16
            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Idem Servicing

8/2/16 - received a letter telling me they are looking at my complaint for PPI (from M&S)
            8/2/16 - received a letter from Idem telling me they were looking to get my CCA and I should hear from them in 12 working days from the date of the letter (4th Feb, although they signed for it on the 2nd Feb)

22/2/16 - received a letter from Idem servicing dated 19th Feb which refers to my HSBC account but includes my application form for a store card from M&S. Account ref refers to M&S.

22/2/16 - another letter received same day different envelope referencing M&S account stating that they are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement and acknowledge that until they do the agreement cannot be enforced. However, the balance of the account is still outstanding and we will continue to persue this debt which will include registering any arrears and defaults with the CRAs. The balance on your account is £4077.80 remains due and payable and we will continue to contact you to discuss your repayment proposals. You are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate, but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Yours sincerely Ian Folley Case Handler/Conciliator

23/2/16 - Niddy confirms . Sit tight and wait for next letter then use missing PT's letter

12/3/16 - letter received from Idem Servicing:

14/5/16 - letter received from Idem servicing dated 11 May 2016.

9/6/16 - letter received from Idem Servicing dated 6th June 2016

3) our litigation department may instigate court proceedings

Letter received from idem exactly the same as the one from Moorgate on the virgin mbna card.

Comment

They are both full of mays, I would ignore.

Comment

OK, thank you.

Comment

Capital One

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Sept 2006
                  • Approx balance £1997.17 (I have paid £1507.17)
                  • Are you on arrangement or not - not any more!
                  • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Capital One

Haven't CCA'd them yet. Have sent off for PPI. These are next on my list for CCA's.

10/1/16 - CCA posted
                  11/02/16 - PPI letter received no PPI.

11/03/16 - Scanned copy of CCA received. Will send to Niddy for viewing.

this debt is enforceable.

29/3/16. Letter received from Capital One

basically saying they hadn't received any payments from step change and have had no communication from them regarding the account. If nothing is received within 14 days of the date of this letter (letter dated 21/3/16 but received today) then they may pass on to a DCA or may choose to sell to a debt purchaser.

Letter received dated 7th April 2016

I am writing to inform you that we have instructed Fredrickson International Ltd to act on our behalf to arrange repayment of your capital one account.

Fredrickson International Ltd will be able to help you find the right solution to repay your outstanding balance.

Fredrickson International Ltd will be in contact with your shortly, however you can contact the, anytime to discuss your account.

(Fredericksons address and phone number)

All contact and payments regarding your account should now be with Frederickson International Ltd. If you have an existing Standing Order or Direct Debit you will need to cancel it and arrange payments with Frederickson International Ltd.

(is this good or bad?)

14/4/16 - send SWID letter and telephone harrasment letter.

21/4/16 - Letter received from Fredrickon dated 18th April 2016.

"Capital One (Europe) plc have instructed us to contact you regarding the above account and all communications should now be with us. We would like to work with you to clear the outstanding balance. Please contact us to discuss your account and financial position so we can help you agree and affordable payment plan. You can get in touch with one of our team members on .......... For your convenience we offer a variety of payment methods. Full details are set out on the reverse of this letter. You can also access your account online at www.fredpay.com to make payment, see answers to FAQ's and send and received secure messages. It is important that you contact us as soon as possible to avoid further letters and phone calls regarding your account."

29/4/16 - statement of activity dated 25/4/16 received from Capital one.

30/4/16 - letter dated 28th April 16 received from Fredrickson
                  we write in response to your recent communication and note the content. We apologise for the phone calls made to you previously and confirm all numbers have been removed from our system and all future correspondence will be in writing where appropriate. We are sorry for any distress, confusion or inconvienience this may have caused you as this was not our intention. We have referred this matter to our client and we will revert to you in due course.

3/5/16 - letter from Fredrickson dated 29th April 16 received. Exactly the same as the one above!

16/5/16 - letter received from Capital one dated 5th May 16 telling me they sent the documents required, they've complied with their obligations etc. Agreement is enforceable and they will continue to treat it as such.

25/6/16 - letter received from Fredricksons telling me capital one have sent documents to me. Please fill in an income and expenditure form.
                  Letter received from Fredricksons asking me to fill in an income and expenditure form.

Comment

as if you would!

TTC - OH Capital One/Lowells

RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 25 June 2016, 21:51.

Comment

Letter received from Fredricksons asking me to fill in an income and expenditure form.
                      I bet they didn't say pretty please

Don't fill it in...you're under no obligation to.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        I bet they didn't say pretty please

Don't fill it in...you're under no obligation to.
                        i won't fill it in. I did one for cooperative and sent them a copy of my business accounts (which showed that I was -£800 a month) and they want me to consent to a charging order (which is currently being dealt with).

Comment

HSBC credit card

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Dec 04
                          • Approx balance £5167.36 (I have paid £3845.66)
                          • Are you on arrangement or not paying not paid since Jan 16

Requested CCA 1st Feb 16 - Response on 8th Feb 16 (date 4th Feb) saying they will get one withing 12 working days. Again letter signed for on the 2nd Feb 2016

22/2/16 - letter received dated 19/2/16 from Idem Servicing (though this is a Moorgate debt) relating to this account stating that they are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement and acknowledge that until they do the agreement cannot be enforced. () However, the balance of the account is still outstanding and we will continue to persue this debt which will include registering any arrears and defaults with the CRAs. The balance on your account is £5092.21 remains due and payable and we will continue to contact you to discuss your repayment proposals. You are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate, but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement. Yours sincerely Ian Folley Case Handler/Conciliator

The above letter came from Idem, but this account is supposed to be managed by Moorgate. I think Ian has got himself a bit confused!

12/3/16 - letter received from Moorgate dated 9/3/16

Letter dated 29th March 2016 received from Moorgate stating they have been instructed to make contact with me to agree a solution regarding 'my' outstanding balance.

27/6/16 - letter received from Moorcroft in response to my CCA request. It's a reconstituted copy of my CCA. It's 46 pages of illegible credit card terms (10 pages taken from a leaflet), important changes to your agreement (16 pages), HSBC bank credit card agreement terms (12 pages - dated 18/4/2011), computer printout and a pre approved credit card form signed by me dated 20/10/2004), another printout with my details on then two statement for May and June 2016 which I have not received.
                          should I send the reconstituted to Niddy? It's not very clear. Any response needed or should I just ignore? I just noticed that the statements at the back are for the whole amount that was outstanding (£7620.73) and not the £5092 stated on moorcrofts cover letter.

Last edited by JLC; 27 June 2016, 10:09.

Comment

I would.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              I would.
                              all 46 pages?

Comment

Yes and the envelope! Joib done!
                                Better now rather than scrabbling around later!

Comment

Working...
                                X