GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

DMP cancelled and haven't paid it since December (payment to creditors in January) as per your suggestion when I joined ( I do listen to you ). I kept it off the plan, but did send co op a letter to make them aware of the situation, but they claim they didn't receive it. I added it in October when they called it in as I had hoped to start making small payments to it. Because I hadn't used it since July, they contacted me in October to ask why. When I told them I had to finish trading because of my own illness and being a carer, they said, we will have to pass it on to the recoveries team. Step change would have sent them statements in January when I initially signed up with them. My bank account has a small amount of money going in for my balloon business so was worried they would think I was lying which is why I didn't want to send statements. They were also requesting six months worth which seeing as they weren't aware until October, surely my statements should only go back to then. They have just been so rude to me. I still have the £100 but haven't cashed it yet. I'm sure I'll hear from them now the complaint has been replied to.
    Last edited by JLC; 2 March 2016, 13:24.

Comment

Today I had a letter from Britannia telling me that I had no MPPI as I had cancelled it after the first year which was free with the mortgage we took out. I have therefore sent them a couple of statements that shows PPI going out and also requested an SAR (with £10 payment) and asked them to look at my claim again. That has been sent by Recorded delivery. I hope this is the right thing to do.

Also received a letter from Co-operative regarding my complaint. I presume this is in response to the overdraft CCA letter I sent on 10th February. They apologised for the delay in sending it. Nothing in it, just saying they are looking into it.
      Last edited by JLC; 5 March 2016, 14:24.

Comment

Just relax. No response necessary for delay in CCA. A 6 year delay is great
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update to post #6

7/3/16 - response from Robinson Way noting my dispute/query. Stop all collection. Let us know if we can assist further

this was sent quick. The letter was dated 2/3/16 but received today.

Comment

Just had a call from a Bristol number 0117 2660400 from a guy asking for me. When I asked who was calling, they said Moorgate. I pretended I wasn't them and requested that they did all correspondence by letter and they said they would need to hear that from the person they were asking for. I told them that was rubbish and to not call anymore as by law it amounts to harassment to which he replied "do you want me to remove this number", so I said yes. He then ended the call. This was in reference to an old MBNA card.

Comment

In future you simply say "sorry that person isn't on this number. As such please remove this number from your system".

Youd never say "write only" as that confirms it IS you. Why do you care if they write or not if it wasn't you? See the problem!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, will do. I was a bit flustered by it. I think this is my old virgin mbna card.

Comment

Update Post #3

11/03/16 - Scanned copy of CCA received. Will send to Niddy for viewing and advice.

Last edited by JLC; 11 March 2016, 13:41.

Comment

Looks like my Capital one card is Enforceable.

Comment

not the end of the world, it can be blagged for a while

Comment

Under my DMP (when I was in it) they were only getting £7 a month, so I'm going to see if they'll accept an F&F on the basis that I have no regular income apart from £62 a week carers allowance and that I'm a carer and there is very little likely hood that this is going to change in the future.

Comment

I would wait a bit, save up a bit, wait until they get heavy

I've brought a couple of enforceable debts through the whole process and down to SB....................................

Comment

Ok. I'll hold out a bit and see what happens next.

Comment

Hold out. Don't rush in making desperate offers.....

Comment

Yes, hold out and wait and see what they send next. I've been blagging some enforceable ones too x
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X