GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    I have some requests outstanding from 2010, so you just have to wait and see what comes through the post, if it ever comes
    So do you still get letters? Are they still selling on? Have any of them admitted defeat with you? I think I've read your diary (ive read loads so forget who's is who's)!

Comment

some have just forgotten me ,I hope,
      I still get the odd letter normally near to year end,they need some extra income for the office parties,
      My Barclaycard loan is now SB,so that's £8k+ less one with MKDP is UE they have said so, but they then took over Hoist and passed it to them, I am just ignoring them as I have the letter from MK saying it is UE.
      Lowell contacted me about another one, I sent a 'sold in dispute' template , they very kindly wrote back to say it was SB, sorry to have troubled me,
      all the defaults are now off my and hubby's credit file,it has been tough going at times as hubby just hands me letters and leaves me to it, but this site has been and still is fantastic for all the help and support it's team gives, not just with debts but also personal/health matters,
      I do sometimes miss the stupid "we know you live here"+ "we will be sending a doorstep collector" letters I did like replying with "thank you for telling me where I live, I shall keep that letter with me in case I get lost anytime"
      My favorite was one saying they would send one of their field agents, i replied by saying ,as I live surrounded by fields could they give me some indication of which field they would be coming from as, the farmer often has a rather large bull roaming in one and I would like some warning if hot water, ice packs and bandages will be needed, I've not heard back from them in 3 years.

I hope we can all help to make your stay with us enjoyable and relieve any worries you may have, we cannot tell you what to do we can only suggest what has worked for us and you can then decide to try it, or not

good luck in your journey NW
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

some have just forgotten me ,I hope,
        I still get the odd letter normally near to year end,they need some extra income for the office parties,
        My Barclaycard loan is now SB,so that's £8k+ less one with MKDP is UE they have said so, but they then took over Hoist and passed it to them, I am just ignoring them as I have the letter from MK saying it is UE.
        Lowell contacted me about another one, I sent a 'sold in dispute' template , they very kindly wrote back to say it was SB, sorry to have troubled me,
        all the defaults are now off my and hubby's credit file,it has been tough going at times as hubby just hands me letters and leaves me to it, but this site has been and still is fantastic for all the help and support it's team gives, not just with debts but also personal/health matters,
        I do sometimes miss the stupid "we know you live here"+ "we will be sending a doorstep collector" letters I did like replying with "thank you for telling me where I live, I shall keep that letter with me in case I get lost anytime"
        My favorite was one saying they would send one of their field agents, i replied by saying ,as I live surrounded by fields could they give me some indication of which field they would be coming from as, the farmer often has a rather large bull roaming in one and I would like some warning if hot water, ice packs and bandages will be needed, I've not heard back from them in 3 years.

I hope we can all help to make your stay with us enjoyable and relieve any worries you may have, we cannot tell you what to do we can only suggest what has worked for us and you can then decide to try it, or not

good luck in your journey NW
        Thanks. I'm not worried. I've already paid quite a bit back so hope they forget me as well.

Comment

Tesco post #4 updated

20/02/16 - letter from Tesco dated 18/2/16 requesting me to sign the letter so replied with demand of signature letter on 20/2/16

Is this normal for Tesco to do in anyone's experience. This card doesn't feature anywhere on my credit file so have no idea when I took it out. Maybe a delay tactic?

Comment

Yes Tescos refuse. They refused for 2 years until it went to a DCA and then it appeared (UE) very quickly!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              Yes Tescos refuse. They refused for 2 years until it went to a DCA and then it appeared (UE) very quickly!

I found your diary relating to them. Looks like you haven't heard from them for a while?

Comment

I'm still waiting to hear from Moorcroft regarding my query

Comment

I can't believe how quiet they all are. I've not dealt with them since 2011 as the DMP companies did it all! I'm sure the S!@t will hit the fan soon!

Comment

tesco refused my request as well, then sent it under the DPA, even though I never signed anything, then it was letter ping pong , not heard anything for a while

Comment

tesco refused my request as well, then sent it under the DPA, even though I never signed anything, then it was letter ping pong , not heard anything for a while
                      So it's a waiting game with Tesco. Maybe that's why they are happy to accept lower payments. With this card, they changed the Terms a couple of years ago which reduced my min payment and increased interest. If this hadn't happened, I'm sure it would have been paid off by now as its a card I hadn't used for a long time. It's a business card.

Comment

When you stop paying it usually takes about 3 months for them to start sending demand letters and threatening letters but just ask on here and be guided you will be fine .

I was very scared when i first started my UE journey but it will 4 years i July this year and we haven't paid a penny towards any of the debts , so just remain calm and all will be well .

welcome to the forum by the way , its a great place for almost everything x

Comment

They like to lull you in to a false sense of security and happiness! Enjoy the peace.

Comment

Thanks. I'm quite looking forward to this. No payment since January, so somethings going to happen soon, I'm sure!

Comment

No news is good news where CCA Requests are concerned

Comment

so these DCA letters are like buses - you wait ages for one, then four come at once.

Updated post #7 - MBNA Virgin - lots of paper supplied - I have uploaded to the private area for checking. I don't think its right, but will wait for confirmation.

Updated post #8 - HSBC - unable to provide agreement - Moorgate knows it unenforceable at the moment but will continue to chase and will not release me from my obligations of the agreement.

Updated post #5 - M&S card - two letters received (one mentioning HSBC but including my M&S application form for a chargecard) and the other stating they are unable to supply the agreement. I have uploaded what they sent to the private area, so await for someone to check it.

I think Ian Folley from Idem has got a bit confused with my paperwork.

Comment

Working...
                                X