GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script linnite's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

linnite's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linnite's diary

OK here goes:

All of these have been paid up to July 2014 but I'll stop paying the DMP when I send the CCA's.

Admin Edit - Main thread is here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...e-things-(DMP)
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 30 July 2014, 18:30. Reason: added link to main thread

Re: linnite's diary

1. HSBC consolidation loan £11000 commenced June 07 (D'OH!) defaulted Jan 09 paid down via DMP to £5200. Moorcroft administer this but I don't think it has been sold to them???

Mar 2018: still not sold, still managed by Moorcroft and fairly enthusiastically pursued by them, I've got a real feeling this is enforceable. Down to £4861.

May 2018: not paid them since March, on hold for financial difficulties, expect them to resume contact soon, and I have assumed all along this will eventually need to be paid. Going to leave alone until next contact.

3 June 2018: passed to Wescot as DCA, still owned by HSBC.

13 June 2018: letter asking me to contact them and pay. But the letter is surprisingly lukewarm and unthreatening, I expect one day HSBC will want to pursue this? Will leave alone for now. I remember signing this in branch, it was a big loan, I do suspect they would be able to enforce.

23 June 2018: 30% discount settlement offer received, can't afford it of course, but it is nice to see this is their approach.

27 Aug 2018: simple chasing letter received, filed.

Jan 2020: HSBC sold this to Cabot in Nov 19. Cabot have sent me a cheery letter asking me to get in touch to pay, that's it so far. Having felt sure HSBC would have a solid CCA and would chase this to the ends of the earth, now I'm thinking maybe not or why sell it for pennies in the pound, so if Cabot escalate this it will be well worth asking them to come up with the CCA.

Oct 2020: this one got a bit threatening, they said they were about to send LBA, I bottled it and am paying £20 per month.

Nov 2022: still paying the £20 per week and the balance is creeping down to £4321. As it stands, I will be paying this into retirement but I'm not inclined either to challenge it or increase the payments.
    Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:15.

Comment

2. Egg card £8000 sold/transfered to Barclaycard. Step Change say I am down to £4900. Account dates back to way before Apr 2007 at any rate.

Oct 2016: Has been resold to Link Financial.

Jan 2018: stopped paying. Last payment was on 08/01/18.

Mar 2018: statement letter sent to me. Contains no request for payment. Balance now £4,292.

June 2018: no contact since.

Jan 2020: since the above they just send me a statement every 6 months, the last time they even asked me to pay was Nov 18.

Oct 2020: don't think I even got sent a statement this year.

Nov 2022: They have given this to Moorcrofts to chase me for and they write frequently but nothing very frightening, 'If you do not pay we will be left with no option but to keep asking you to pay'. 14 months till time barred.
      Last edited by linnite; 1 May 2023, 09:47.

Comment

3. HSBC large c.card £8000 sold to Idem, taken out Apr 03 defaulted Dec 08 paid down via DMP to £4800

Mar 2018: Still with Idem and down to £3573. I get very little correspondence from them and they seem to have responded to me stopping payment with sending me an annual statement.

April 2018: Notice of assignment to Hoist, Robinson Way are administering, and letters asking me to start paying.

June 2018: no letters since April, ignoring for now.

3rd July 2018: 25% discount F&F letter received, can't afford even if I was minded to, filed.

17th July 2018: letter saying they 'may' transfer to Howard Cohen.

6th Aug 2018: letter before claim from Howard Cohen, advice sought at the end of the thread.

7 Aug 2018: CCA sent

9 Aug 2018: Acknowledgement from Robway, placing account on hold while they look for CCA.

17 Aug 2018: LBC form sent in ticking box 3 dispute the debt due to no CCA

30 Aug 2018: Letter from Robway, account on hold till they find CCA, if they produce it they will then give me further time to contact them to discuss what I want to do.

Jan 2020: they have never come up with the CCA, so I don't pay.

Oct 2020: received a letter acknowledging they can't produce a CCA, so it's wind the clock down to 6 years now.

Now 2022: Out of the blue got a letter from Hoist asking me to pay, I'm going to ignore it rather than wind it up by telling them there is no CCA. This is time barred in 14 months.
        Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:28.

Comment

4. Halifax CC, £6500 originally now £3200 paid down via DMP, taken out Nov 2006, default date Dec 08, Blair Oliver and Scott administer, again don't think this has been sold?

Nov 2016: Sold to Idem, notice of assignment received.

Mar 2018: Very little correspondence from them. Now £2,372.

April 2018: letter - passed to recoveries section.

8 June 2018: Received letter before claim.

15 June 2018: CCA letter sent. Need to send LBC response by 1st July.

20 June 2018: response received they will 'endeavour' to provide the CCA within 12 working days.

3 July 2018: No CCA received so LBC response form sent in, box D ticked 'I dispute the debt'.

4 July 2018 received in the post today from Idem an acknowledgement they can't currently provide the CCA. They will keep looking, I still owe the money etc.

9 Aug 2018 Received a copy agreement in the post, needs to get checked.

10 Aug 2018 sent to Niddy who says its but Idem have not said what they are going to do next or what they require of me. Not planning to do anything at this stage. Seeking advice on forum too.

Jan 2020: I pay this one at £23 pm.

Nov 2022: They transferred it to Hoist for whatever reason, but whatever. It's down to £1190 now.
          Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:31.

Comment

5. Mint (RBS), £3500, taken out Nov 2005, stopped paying June 2008, for a while they carried on charging interest whilst under the DMP and did not default till Jan 10, I am challenging the default date, still owe £2945, still with RBS group.

Sep 2017: Sold to Cabot and Wescot are managing it.

Mar 2018: Have had a very mild chasing sort of letter. Now £2,490.

May 2018: letter saying 'welcome back to Cabot' and asking me to resume paying.

9 July 2018: two letters, one a statement, one saying I need to contact them to make an arrangement. Filed.

26 July 2018: simple chasing letter, filed.

22 Aug 2018: simple chasing letter, filed.

Jan 2020: just letters since including a recent 50% discount letter.

Oct 2020: seems to be with BPO now, but nothing going on, 25% discount offer letter received.

Nov 2022: Cabot took it back, but in June 22 they gave to to BPO again to have another go. No letter since. Time barred in 14 months.
            Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:35.

Comment

6. Barclaycard, £4500, goes aaaaall the way back to Jul 1999 this one, they have never defaulted this and it shows on Noddle as an up to date arrangement to pay, they are charging interest too albeit lower rate and we still owe £2900 paid down via DMP.

Jan 2016: This was defaulted pretty soon after the above post and sold to Link Financial.

Mar 2018: Link financial seem pretty casual about it all. Received a statement, no request for payment. Now £1,730.

July 2018: successfully got the default removed from credit file.

Jan 2020: they basically just send me a statement every 6 months, they last time they even asked me to pay was Nov 18.

Oct 2020: don't think I even received a statement this year.

Nov 2022: They have given this to Moorcrofts to chase me for and they write frequently but nothing very frightening, 'If you do not pay we will be left with no option but to keep asking you to pay'. 14 months till time barred.
              Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:36.

Comment

7. Tesco credit card was £3000 still with them and paid down via DMP to £1700, this has gone off my credit file or was never there. Was probably defaulted though. This will date back to pre-Apr 07.

Mar 2018: Owned by Hoist managed by Robinson Way who do chase for it and I have just set up a fairly nominal payment. £1,290.

July 2018: stopped paying, the last payment was on 28th June 2018.

17 July 2018: letter acknowledging cancelled DD and asking for alternative payment. Filed.

22 Aug 2018: simple chasing letter received and filed.

Jan 2020: in the time since they have sent some letters and also corrected an incorrect notice of assignment so I don't know if that might be something I can use if this was to ever escalate.

Oct 2020: 'please get in touch' letter received July 2020.

Nov 2022: Hoist write to me fairly regularly saying the same thing, please pay. Time barred in 19 months.
                Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:38.

Comment

8. HSBC credit card, was £3000 now with Hoist Portfolio (sold I think) and default date was Aug 08. Paid down via DMP to £1650. Taken out Sep 2006.

Mar 2018: Still owned by Hoist, managed by Robinson Way, they do chase it and I have set up a nominal payment plan. £1257.

July 2018: stopped paying, the last payment was on 15th June 2018.

17 July 2018: same date, two letters one a 24% discount F&F, the other acknowledging canceled DD and asking me to arrange alternative payment. Filed.

10 Aug 2018: simple chasing letter received, filed.

Jan 2020: just letters including recently admitting they had not sent me NOSIAs and sending me a bunch of them to catch up.

Oct 2020: I don't think I have had any correspondence since July 2019.

Nov 2022: Hoist write to me fairly regularly saying the same thing, please pay. Time barred in 19 months.
                  Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:39.

Comment

9. HSBC 'online card' actually HFC bank originally £2200 taken out Dec 2004 and defaulted Aug 08, paid down via DMP to £1350. Still with them AFAIK.

Mar 2018: This one seemed to get written off at some point, they refused the DMP payments.
                    Last edited by linnite; 26 March 2018, 16:13.

Comment

10. HSBC current account £2000 overdraft opened Oct 2003 defaulted Jan 09 and adminsitered by Moorcroft and again not sold AFAIK. Paid down via DMP to £1200

Mar 2018: Same but it got merged into the other HSBC/Moorcroft debt above so can no longer tell what is owed individually.

June 2018: I have stopped paying but as far as Moorcroft are concerned this is due to temporary financial difficulties. I expect soon they will re-awaken.

15th June 2018: passed to Wescot as DCA, still owned by HSBC.

Jan 2020: seems to have been permanently bundled into the other debt number 1 above and sold to Cabot.
                      Last edited by linnite; 4 January 2020, 20:43.

Comment

11. HSBC current account £1000 overdraft taken Nov 1997 this has been sold to Idem and is down to £400 via the DMP. Defaulted Mar 09.

Mar 2018: Same, down to about £200 now so I could afford to mess this one about and pay off CCJ before 30 days if it came to it.

June 2018: now with Wescot and very lukewarm letter received. Plan to ignore rather then CCA for now?

29 June 2018: 25% discount settlement letter received.

27 Aug 2018: simple chasing letter received.

Jan 2020: they have recently given this to Robway who send letters.

Oct 2020: just letters.

Nov 2022: Hoist write to me fairly regularly saying the same thing, please pay. Time barred in 14 months.
                        Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:39.

Comment

12. Need advice: do I CCA a very recent Vanquis one, took out May 11, started erratic paying Jan 13, after trying a payment plan with payments I couldn't afford they have sent me a default notice and sent it to Moorcrofts, who I have made an arrangement to pay £25pm with, on £1850 that is very manageable, and they have already offered me a 70% F&F, so wondering what to do for the best. It's bound to be enforceable (isn't it?) so do I leave it off the CCA's, stick with the low payments and take the F&F one day if I can?

Not yet showing as a default with the CRA's.

2015: was eventually defaulted. On a separate payment arrangement to all the ones above that were on a DMP.

June 2018: Letters asking to get in touch across Feb to April, none since. Planning to ignore for now. It's now £785.

Jan 2020: was sold to Lowell in October and they seem to be 'escalating' through some letters are currently on 'pre legal assessment'. If they send a proper letter before action I will send in a CCA request.

Oct 2020: took a discount and pay monthly offer a while ago, decided it was worth it, getting near to paid off already.

Nov 2022: This was paid off as of Jan 22.
                          Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by linnite View Post
                            12. Need advice: do I CCA a very recent Vanquis one, took out May 11, started erratic paying Jan 13, after trying a payment plan with payments I couldn't afford they have sent me a default notice and sent it to Moorcrofts, who I have made an arrangement to pay £25pm with, on £1850 that is very manageable, and they have already offered me a 70% F&F, so wondering what to do for the best. It's bound to be enforceable (isn't it?) so do I leave it off the CCA's, stick with the low payments and take the F&F one day if I can?

Not yet showing as a default with the CRA's.
                            yes it probably will be enforceable, but there can be errors, so you could send a CCA just in case!
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done on starting your diary linnite

Get cca requests sent off to all of them. To be able to access the cca request (and other) templates you'll need to register with the main website

You'll need a different cca request for the overdraft...send the first letter in this thread

A word of caution. Just because a debt is pre 2007 doesn't make it automatically UE but they usually are. We'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

When you receive the ccas back, read this this first and then upload the cca using this form
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X