GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script linnite's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

linnite's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

This diary has been so inactive it probably looks like I went away. The fact is that out of the 11 debts, only two have escalated to a letter before action, of these two, one has not been able to come up with a CCA so I don't pay, the other one did, so I pay.

The other nine just send statements or feeble, almost pleading, letters and the odd discount offer. I've just updated the diary to that effect.

So in effect I am, as far as I am concerned, in danger of ending up paying about £2000 of the original £30000.

One annoying thing: I started this diary in 2014, but between 2014 and 2018 I took the easy option of making low payments to them all via Stepchange. So I am annoyed that if I had got on with it at the time, I'd just be about to hit statute barred on them all.

But never mind, I am 2 years in now against statute barred, with not much action going on.

Comment

• Just one thing I would like to check... we have won or are winning a couple of PPI claims from original creditors on these. All of our debts have now been sold to debt purchasers. Can the debt purchasers end up with our PPI winnings, i.e. might the original creditor give them the money? A recent letter from the original bank offering a figure, makes no mention of this as a possibility, it simply asks for bank account to credit the money into.

And further, have I just read that making a PPI claim amounts to acknowledging the debt for time barring purposes?

Many thanks,

Comment

• Oh, and also, is anyone reading surprised that so few of these are being actively chased, and have never been escalated?

Comment

• Just because they are quiet, they may still chase you!

I had some creditors that were nice and continued paying long after I should have stopped and put my SB clock back by several years!!!!!

PPI claims will reset the SB clock as they are an acknowledgement that you have that card; the money should be paid as a cheque to you or credit transfer, not to the DCA.

Before you pay any money, check the documents that have been supplied. Even if there is a compliant CCA, there are many other areas in which the agreement may not be compliant or that the DCA is not authorised to pursue the debt in court.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by linnite View Post
              Re: linnite's diary

1. HSBC consolidation loan £11000 commenced June 07 (D'OH!) defaulted Jan 09 paid down via DMP to £5200. Moorcroft administer this but I don't think it has been sold to them???

Mar 2018: still not sold, still managed by Moorcroft and fairly enthusiastically pursued by them, I've got a real feeling this is enforceable. Down to £4861.

May 2018: not paid them since March, on hold for financial difficulties, expect them to resume contact soon, and I have assumed all along this will eventually need to be paid. Going to leave alone until next contact.

3 June 2018: passed to Wescot as DCA, still owned by HSBC.

13 June 2018: letter asking me to contact them and pay. But the letter is surprisingly lukewarm and unthreatening, I expect one day HSBC will want to pursue this? Will leave alone for now. I remember signing this in branch, it was a big loan, I do suspect they would be able to enforce.

23 June 2018: 30% discount settlement offer received, can't afford it of course, but it is nice to see this is their approach.

27 Aug 2018: simple chasing letter received, filed.

Jan 2020: HSBC sold this to Cabot in Nov 19. Cabot have sent me a cheery letter asking me to get in touch to pay, that's it so far. Having felt sure HSBC would have a solid CCA and would chase this to the ends of the earth, now I'm thinking maybe not or why sell it for pennies in the pound, so if Cabot escalate this it will be well worth asking them to come up with the CCA.
              A query on this one: as it is after April 07, does that mean the debt purchaser doesn't even need to come up with the CCA to enforce?

Thanks

Comment

A query on this one: as it is after April 07, does that mean the debt purchaser doesn't even need to come up with the CCA to enforce?
                Thanks
                The S77/78 CCA plus £1 is a legal Consumer Right, meaning you cannot be sued until they have complied with your request.
                If you haven't done so , unless somebody says otherwise, you should now do this.
                As Cabot are the owners the CCA request should be sent to them.

You say " ..1. HSBC consolidation loan £11000 commenced June 07 (D'OH!) defaulted Jan 09 paid down via DMP to £5200. Moorcroft administer this but I don't think it has been sold to them???.."

So there was more than one debt prior to June 2007?

It would be helpful if you could provide details of what loans were consolidated! Type; Amount and Date when these prior debts were taken out.
                This detail could be very important in your case because these original debts would have been prior to 2007.

Last edited by Roger; 5 January 2020, 15:04. Reason: typos

Comment

• Moorcfoft are only hopeful collectors on commission
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    The S77/78 CCA plus £1 is a legal Consumer Right, meaning you cannot be sued until they have complied with your request.
                    If you haven't done so , unless somebody says otherwise, you should now do this.
                    As Cabot are the owners the CCA request should be sent to them.

You say " ..1. HSBC consolidation loan £11000 commenced June 07 (D'OH!) defaulted Jan 09 paid down via DMP to £5200. Moorcroft administer this but I don't think it has been sold to them???.."

So there was more than one debt prior to June 2007?

It would be helpful if you could provide details of what loans were consolidated! Type; Amount and Date when these prior debts were taken out.
                    This detail could be very important in your case because these original debts would have been prior to 2007.

I think the consolidation loan was to pay off a few random credit cards from other companies....knowing how we operated at the time, they were probably the other cards in the diary, debts 2 to 11, and we probably just ran them up again until our eventual collapse.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                      Moorcfoft are only hopeful collectors on commission
                      Moorcroft are now in the past, as HSBC have finally sold the debt, to Cabot.

Comment

• Was info only
                        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 5 January 2020, 18:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          Was info onlye
                          Ah, no probs

Comment

I think the consolidation loan was to pay off a few random credit cards from other companies....knowing how we operated at the time, they were probably the other cards in the diary, debts 2 to 11, and we probably just ran them up again until our eventual collapse.
                            Well you have a course of action here
                            First send Cabot the AAD-> Template S77/78 CCA request plus £1 (I use Postal Orders and make a note of the PO number) .
                            Next Cabot are a group of companies who/which Cabot purchased the Debt?
                            Home work as to the various prior debts that were (with HSBC's knowledge) consolidated!

Comment

This diary has been so inactive it probably looks like I went away. The fact is that out of the 11 debts, only two have escalated to a letter before action, of these two, one has not been able to come up with a CCA so I don't pay, the other one did, so I pay.

The other nine just send statements or feeble, almost pleading, letters and the odd discount offer. I've just updated the diary to that effect.

So in effect I am, as far as I am concerned, in danger of ending up paying about £2000 of the original £30000.

One annoying thing: I started this diary in 2014, but between 2014 and 2018 I took the easy option of making low payments to them all via Stepchange. So I am annoyed that if I had got on with it at the time, I'd just be about to hit statute barred on them all.

But never mind, I am 2 years in now against statute barred, with not much action going on.

Hello

It's good to see your new update since your last posted in August 2018(?)

Annoyingly this is the moment when debt purchasers tend to turn up the heat and issue claims on potentially Statute Barred debts.

You need to tread carefully and consider when and what to say, and when it may be wise to do nothing.

I'll take a peek back at your thread.

In the meantime can you be more specific about the debt owner who've sent to you a Letter of Claim?

Di

Comment

two have escalated to a letter before action, of these two, one has not been able to come up with a CCA so I don't pay, the other one did, so I pay.

Which of your debts are you still paying because they may have produced a compliant credit agreement?

I ask because even if they have a compliant credit agreement that doesn't mean they have complied with all their other statutory obligations.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X