• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linnite
    started a topic linnite's diary

linnite's diary

OK here goes:

All of these have been paid up to July 2014 but I'll stop paying the DMP when I send the CCA's.

Admin Edit - Main thread is here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...e-things-(DMP)
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 30th July 2014, 19:30. Reason: added link to main thread

• Diana Mayhew
    replied
    Originally posted by linnite View Post
    Thanks again Di....so the lack of an instant demand for action by Idem could mean they are unsure of their legal position or know it to be a problem?

Do they formally have to respond to my 'dispute the debt' response to the LBA before they can proceed to court?

You've not posted on the forum for a while so I was wondering whether Idem said or did anything after their Letter of Claim last year?

Di

Leave a comment:

• Diana Mayhew
    replied
    When I get back I will describe them in more detail if you think that might help?

Okay, enjoy the rest of your trip (assuming it's a holiday).

Di

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied
    When I get back I will describe them in more detail if you think that might help?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied
    Hi Di,

I'm, um, away from home at the moment. What I recall sending to Niddy was 2 pages of an original document with my signature on it but no signature by any representative of Halifax, plus maybe 4 to 6 pages of t's and c's in a very different font and IMO clearly more recent.

Leave a comment:

• Diana Mayhew
    replied
    Fantastically quick reply from Niddy but he says it's

How many pages did they send you including any Ts & Cs?

I've seen some Halifax credit agreements sent by debt purchasers recently which have been missing a few.

Di

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied
    Thanks again Di....so the lack of an instant demand for action by Idem could mean they are unsure of their legal position or know it to be a problem?

Do they formally have to respond to my 'dispute the debt' response to the LBA before they can proceed to court?

Leave a comment:

• Diana Mayhew
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip View Post

About half of my seven accounts were enforceable, but nothing ever came close to approaching serious court action, or any real threat of it. All just template letters from the very few "solicitors" [toothless rent-a-letterhead] that wrote.

All of my debts are now statute barred -- full diary thread here

This is not to encourage complacency -- quite the opposite: *every* letter should be logged here on AAD, filed and acted upon where applicable -- but just to say that discovering that an agreement is enforceable does not by any stretch automatically mean that the DCA will either know that or take legal action.

And I'll add that a credit agreement being enforceable does not necessary mean the debt is enforceable if the debt owner has not complied with all their other statutory obligations (such as a compliant Default Notice and Notice of Sums in Arrears etc) and cannot prove that they are entitled to collect the debt (such as assignment and licensing issues).

Di

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied
    Thank you Pip!

Leave a comment:

• Pip
    replied
    Hello Linnite,

About half of my seven accounts were enforceable, but nothing ever came close to approaching serious court action, or any real threat of it. All just template letters from the very few "solicitors" [toothless rent-a-letterhead] that wrote.

All of my debts are now statute barred -- full diary thread here

This is not to encourage complacency -- quite the opposite: *every* letter should be logged here on AAD, filed and acted upon where applicable -- but just to say that discovering that an agreement is enforceable does not by any stretch automatically mean that the DCA will either know that or take legal action.

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied
    Fantastically quick reply from Niddy but he says it's

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied
    Hi Di, no it simply says here it is, give us a call if you want to discuss it.

It did leave me wondering where I stood, they have my response to the LBC saying I dispute the debt.

As I am not going to be able to receive and act on mail between 18/8 and 1/9 I need to try and ensure I leave this one and the one where I have a CCA out in good order for that period, can't come back to find things have already happened.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Diana Mayhew
    replied
    Idem have sent me an agreement as per my CCA.

This is in response to your reply to their Letter Before Claim isn't it?

Does the covering letter say anything about them believing that they have now complied with your original CCA Request and give you X days to contact them or they will issue proceedings?

Di

Leave a comment:

• Diana Mayhew
    replied
    deleted another duplicated post
    Last edited by Diana Mayhew; 10th August 2018, 11:34.

Leave a comment:

• Diana Mayhew
    replied

deleted my duplicated post
    Last edited by Diana Mayhew; 10th August 2018, 11:37.

Leave a comment:

Who's Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Working...
X