GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds Credit card account sold to Marlin Europe 11 Ltd - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds Credit card account sold to Marlin Europe 11 Ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds Credit card account sold to Marlin Europe 11 Ltd

Letter dated 3rd December 2013.

This letter is notification that Marlin Europe 11 Limited has had assigned to it all right, title and interest in the debt due in relation to the above account, previously owed to Lloyds TSB on 28th November 2013.
    This means that MARLIN EUROPE 11 LIMITED will now become entitled to all sums owed under the account and the benefit of any actions taken by or on behalf of Lloyds TSB prior to the assignment.
    Etc Etc Etc.
    Misread first time, thought they had purchased a/c.

They seem to think that I owe £3452.04. Can they prove it?

Last paid towards this a/c over 31/2 years ago. Last letter from Lloyds around June 2011, can dig out file to confirm. However, Lloyds have already acknowledged that due to their data retention policy, they cannot locate a copy of my agreement, they could only supply statements back to 2004.

I have written to Marlins to explain this.
    Do I need to send a fresh CCA request, or can I rely on letter from Lloyds?

Re: Lloyds Credit card account sold to Marlin Europe 11 Ltd

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
    Do I need to send a fresh CCA request, or can I rely on letter from Lloyds?
    You rely on what Lloyds have stated, it'd be impossible other than fraudulently, for anyone to create a document purporting to be the original or taking into account Carey if the OC themselves confirm there is no such original - remember with Carey it must be based upon an original, so Marlin own a dead-duck here

PMSL
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Send this----> Letter Previously Confirming No CCA with a copy of that letter from Lloyds
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        Send this----> Letter Previously Confirming No CCA with a copy of that letter from Lloyds
        Not yet - he's already written to them mate

I have written to Marlins to explain this.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy & Deepie. Just re- re- read the info. Lloyds state that they have assigned all of it's respective rights, title and interest. Then later on they say. The total balance sold was £3452.04, as at the sale date 28th November 2013.
          Question, is this an assignment, or a sale of debt? Confusing me now.

Comment

Thanks Niddy & Deepie. Just re- re- read the info. Lloyds state that they have assigned all of it's respective rights, title and interest. Then later on they say. The total balance sold was £3452.04, as at the sale date 28th November 2013.
            Question, is this an assignment, or a sale of debt? Confusing me now.
            I have also received a letter from Lloyd's this week in respect of my CC account with them informing me that they have assigned all rights and title to Marlin. in their letter Lloyd's make a point of saying if I pay any money to them in future in respect of this account it will be forwarded to Marlin, So I'm in doubt at all that I'll have no further contact from Lloyd's and Marlin now own the account, check the wording of the letter you have received mate, if it's the same, then I would suggest your account is now solely owned by Marlin ....

Comment

Yes you are right, it is essential that all future payments and correspondence regarding this account be directed to Marlin Financial Services.
              Ok, so it makes no difference whether it is an assignment or sale. Marlins now have to deal with an unenforceable account!
              I honestly thought this one had gone away!

Comment

Yes you are right, it is essential that all future payments and correspondence regarding this account be directed to Marlin Financial Services.
                Ok, so it makes no difference whether it is an assignment or sale. Marlins now have to deal with an unenforceable account!
                I honestly thought this one had gone away!
                I also have had very little direct correspondence from Lloyd's over the past 3 years and the account has been passed from one DCA to another every few months, but they never quite go away, so the fight goes on.... Let's hope we can show Marlin they have made a bad investment in both our cases....

Comment

You are so right, this has been around at least 7 DCA's over several years. Just worried with the big fishes reputation.

Comment

Dont stress, if theres no agreement or nothing to recon it from, it doesnt matter who have it. Marlin can be nasty, but they do also give up when they know their beat.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You are so right, this has been around at least 7 DCA's over several years. Just worried with the big fishes reputation.
                      I was worried when I got word that Marlin had the account, but we can beat this, I'm sure niddy will advise us if it gets heavy, so don't be losing any sleep just yet mate.

Comment

Niddy made a comment a few days ago about Lloyds default notices. I have now gone through the file for Lloyds. They really know how to cock up a default notice! Date of notice Got 3 of these all different dates.
                        If you have recently paid your outstanding minimum payments, please ignore this notice.
                        The Consumer Credit Act 1974 requires us to send you this notice because you have missed payments due under your credit card agreement.
                        This notice only relates to the last two payments you have missed.
                        Most important bit, they do not even mention Section 87(1) anywhere on their notices!

The letter from SCuM Solicitors, their in house team states.

We are instructed by Lloyds TSB Bank plc, who advise us that despite several reminders, including the issue of a Default Notice served pursuant to Section 87(I) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, your account still remains out of order.
                        So SCum were wrong, Lloyds TSB never issued a default notice that complied with regs.

Niddy, you are a mind of information.

So Sorry for Marlins as you said. They have purchased a lemon here.

Comment

Now check your agreement /terms and look for "we'll notify you of your apr and credit limit in your monthly statement" or better, find the apr on the agreement. Back to the DN - is there an oft sheet there? I doubt it.....

You'll agree the above basic errors mean it's UE and stays that way! It's a win in court as it's not compliant.

as I say, Lloyds are pretty bad

Comment

They have not sent a copy of my agreement, unable to locate it due to data retention. They have sent a copy of Standard Terms and Conditions My name and address Name of Bank, no date, or even a hint of it anywhere, not even a code on the info sent. Just headed Texaco. Says name of Bank Lloyds TSB Bank plc.
                            Was originally a Texaco Card in association with Accucard. Accucard stopped in June 2006 and Lloyds issued a Lloyds TSB platinum card as a replacement.

Comment

Lloyds default notice says at bottom.
                              Office of Fair Trading Information Sheet
                              This notice should include a copy of the current information sheet on arrears prepared by the Office of Fair Trading. This contains important information about your rights and where to go for support and advice, for example on applying for a Time Order as well as our right to charge you interest. If it is not included you should contact us to get one. Please refer to the Office of Fair Trading information sheet for more information about how to get advice on dealing with your debt.

There is no date to remedy the default either!

Comment

Working...
                              X