GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds Credit card account sold to Marlin Europe 11 Ltd - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds Credit card account sold to Marlin Europe 11 Ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds Credit card account sold to Marlin Europe 11 Ltd

Letter from Marlin Europe 11 Ltd
    Statement of account covering 02/12/2013 to 01/06/2014 No change, no interest is currently payable on the amount outstanding.Please note that this is not a demand for immediate payment and the closing balance does not represent a settlement quotation.

Will now wait for another statement in 6 months time!

Comment

After all this time, today received a letter from Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited dated 17th May 2016.
      Outstanding Balance £3,452.04
      Creditor Marlin Europe 11 Limited
      Original Creditor Lloyds TSB - Credit Card
      Original Reference ---------

We write further to your dispute regarding the above account.

We can confirm that we have been in contact with the original creditor and they have provided us with a copy of your reconstituted agreement. A copy has been enclosed for your reference.

Therefore we can confirm that under the Consumer Credit Regulations of 1983 as permitted by these regulations the copy of the agreement that has been provided is a "true" copy, reproducing the original terms and format of your agreement but omitting signature boxes and signatures. As a matter of law, the documents we have provided constitute a "true copy" of the executed agreement.

Your dispute will now be closed and your account will be referred to our Customer Operations Department, who should contact you to discuss resuming your payments.

Our contact ---etc.

Now they have sent me, your credit card conditions, My name and address typed on them, no date. handwritten numbers on the top. That's it. Nothing else.

I believe that this letter is nothing more than a fraudulent document, intending to deceive. If you look back through my thread, this was originally an Accucard and Lloyds admitted that they did not have the original documents.

How do you suggest that I respond to this deceptive letter?

Comment

how long until it's SB?

I'd just ignore for the moment and see what comes next, just keep us updated

Comment

Probably less than 6 months to SB.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
            Probably less than 6 months to SB.
            last ditch attempt then, just hang fire and keep a low profile for the moment and see what happens

Comment

Lloyds themselves sent hubby what they stated was a true copy of his TSB CCA, It was just a typed out sheet of T&C with his name and this address on the 1st page, we didn't live here when he took the card out. It was back at the beginning of time when it was a Visa Debit Card, linked to his bank account.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received a similar letter from Cabot today regarding my alleged Lloyds credit card after not hearing anything from Marlin since 2014
                approuching SB in the next few weeks, it looks like Cabot are having a bit of a push on their Lloyds accounts ...

Comment

It looks like Cabot will have quite a few issues then doesn't it
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just gone through the paperwork for this lot, back in June 2011 Lloyds sent me 2 copies of terms & conditions 1st should have been original then new ones applicable from 15 January 2015. The supposed recon from Cabot, does not in any way resemble what Lloyds sent me! Nothing like it.
                    The SAR shows some Texaco Accucard payments but due to data retention policies they can only go back to May 2004.
                    Letter from Lloyds dated 05 May 2011 states, "We have not been able to locate an agreement for your Texaco credit card, however statements are enclosed."
                    Looks like my last payment of £1.00 was credited to the account on 4th April 2011. So 11 months to go till SB.

Comment

Lloyds appear to have found a big bundle of stuff in a dark cellar somewhere, they've found an old one of MrDs too, which is of course SB. I still think you need to hang on and see what happens, they'll punt these out to their minions now to try to extract some mazuma from gullible folk, we won't be those folk

Comment

Really cannot believe anything that Cabot say, referred back to Niddy's comments at post 2 original creditor has confirmed that they cannot locate the original agreement.Received a letter regarding my dispute.
                        My understanding of your dispute.
                        You have advised that you now have three totally different true copies of the agreement and been advised by Lloyds that the original document is not available. You advise that this account is still in dispute.
                        My investigation.
                        I have reviewed the account details and can only reiterate the comments made by our letter of 17 May 2016.
                        We can confirm that we have been in contact with the original creditor and they have provided us with a copy of your reconstituted agreement.
                        Therefore we can confirm that under the Consumer Credit Regulations of 1983 as permitted by these regulations the copy of the agreement that has been provided is a "true" copy, reproducing the original terms and format of your agreement but omitting signature boxes and signatures. As a matter of law, the documents we have provided constitute a "true copy" of the executed agreement.
                        If Lloyds have supplied a variation of this document I can only suggest you take this up with them directly.
                        Conclusion
                        Saying he will pass it back to Collection dept.

Have sent back copies of reconstituted, fraudulent, agreements sent by Cabot, all different, and advised that Lloyds have not even attempted to send a reconstitution as they have admitted that they cannot locate the original. Await the next pack of lies from them.

Comment

Hey Thank you very much for your generous donation tonight

Why are you arguing like this, surely if you have confirmation it is UE (no agreement) then you leave it well alone - I haven't the time to read back so if I've missed something then I apologise....
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Letter today from Cabot Financial.
                            WE are closing your account.
                            Thank you for contacting us, after your communication with us we have reviewed your account and have decided to uphold your dispute.
                            We have made the decision to close your account with us, and you will no longer be contacted about it by us or any other company on our behalf.
                            We will also, where applicable, be arranging to have the relevant entry deleted from your credit file. This may take up to six weeks to be completed.

Signed by Deborah Green
                            Customer Operations Director.

All done with, thanks for everyone's help!

Comment

Great news
                              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

great
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X