GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Buchanan Clark and Wells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buchanan Clark and Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buchanan Clark and Wells

Hi all, haven't posted for a while as I've had no contact from any DCA for quite a while, until coming back from holiday yesterday to a letter from BC&W with the heading ''Formal Demand'' saying they are representing Aktiv Kapital UK. The usual stuff about ''considering possible legal action'' if they're not paid, etc.

Just wondering if anyone had any dealings with the these people, what they're like and the best way to deal with them?

Regards
    S

Re: Buchanan Clark and Wells

Usual shysters. They like issuing court papers to old addresses.
    Can you tell us more about the actual debt Seamus?

Elsa x

Comment

Dealing with them myself at the moment, last letter few weeks back, had a few phone calls.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It was originally a MBNA credit card from quite a while back. Did the usual and applied for a copy of CCA, never received a compliant copy back and it was passed around to different DCAs. Haven't paid a penny on it for about 3+ years now and I thought I'd heard the last of it till now. I suppose I should send out the standard letter for a copy of CCA to BC&W as a first step?

S
        Last edited by Seamus; 17 January 2014, 10:40.

Comment

Sold whilst in dispute is what you should send them. Dont waste your money on a new CCA Request, its not needed.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have you previously sent a CCA request to Aktiv Kapital?
            Last edited by daisy; 24 September 2013, 20:44. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Dibsfbd View Post
              Have you previously sent a CCA request to Aktiv Kapital?
              Yes I did.
              Is there a set letter for ''sold whilst in dispute'', this sounds like the one I should be sending them?

Thanks
              S

Comment

Here you are http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...lst-in-dispute
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  Great, thanks Pixie....in the post tomorrow.

S

Comment

Just received a 2nd letter from BC&W, the first one being a ''Formal Demand'' for the entire amount. Without me replying at all to them they've sent a letter headed ''Settlement Offer'' with about 30% off the original demand. Apparently its a ''unique opportunity'' but I must contact the office within 5 days of the letter (Aktiv Kapital many months ago had offered me a much bigger discount, so its not that unique, lol).
                    What does this ''offer'' mean to people?

S

Comment

This offer normally means, get you to phone them and then they can start demanding more money from you, OR, they know what they have is worthless and are trying to get anything back.Have you sent the 'sold in dispute' letter yet? If not get it in the post and see what comes back x

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                        This offer normally means, get you to phone them and then they can start demanding more money from you, OR, they know what they have is worthless and are trying to get anything back.Have you sent the 'sold in dispute' letter yet? If not get it in the post and see what comes back x
                        Yeah, that's in the post so I'll see what comes back. I'm hoping they think its worthless and are just trying to get anything.
                        Thanks
                        C

Comment

Just a quick update on this one. Sent the ''in dispute'' letter and have received one back from BCW to say they are investigating and have authorised a ''cease all action'' instruction to be placed on account. So will wait and see.

S.

Comment

BC & W are one of the bottom feeding DCAs who collect on old accounts that no-one else has had any success with and, that are normally nearly stat. barred. Their "offer" to you is a strong indication that they have nothing in terms of paperwork and are simply fancying their chances. Once they realise people are clued up, they generally piss off.

Don't phone then though.....
                            Remember the mantra:
                            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Thanks PO, forgot to mention that a week previous to that they sent me a ''full and final offer'' with about a 30% discount, so you may well be right about them chancing their arm. About 18 months to go to SB

S

Comment

Working...
                              X