GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fred Bassett v 1st Credit (Halifax) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Bassett v 1st Credit (Halifax)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Bassett v 1st Credit (Halifax)

Hi All,

I am now lucky enough to be a 1st Credit customer twice over. Once with Halifax and once with Lloyds. I am going to keep these threads separate as I think there are different issues and this will help keep things clearer.

First off, Halifax. Today I received, in the same envelope, the notice of Assignment from Halifax to 1st Credit and the "Welcome to 1st Credit, give us our bloody money or else" letter.

Now, being picky, the first thing I noticed is that although this was a Halifax Credit card, both the NOA an the 1st Credit threatogram mention that it was a Bank of Scotland account which it never was.

That aside, this one has been rumbling on for yonks because of enforceability issues. I actually have two sets of terms and conditions which differ on this account.

Anyway, here's the letter so my next question is how to respond. I'm not sure anymore to be honest.

Regards.

Fred

My Lloyds account is here ---> Fred Bassett v 1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) - allaboutFORUMS

Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 14 August 2012, 05:47. Reason: added link to Lloyds

Fred Bassett v 1st Credit (Halifax)

Hi Fred,

The next response would be sold while in dispute letter.

Vint

Here you go Fred:

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
    Last edited by vint1954; 13 August 2012, 20:50. Reason: 2 posts wher 1 will do

Comment

Re: Fred Bassett v 1st Credit (Halifax)

Thanks both, that is just what I need. This will also do for my Lloyds account.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

Halifax are part of the Bank of Scotland group http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax...ingdom_bank%29
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hence the parent being the governor of the bank of Scotland and her subsidiaries means the NoA assignor is correct.

What's the situ? Can you do a post like a diary with basic details please, for both accounts?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Fred,

Once you have done your Diary, it would pay you to send a copy of the Halifax agreement to Niddy.

Send it without removing anything, such as name and address. It is perfectly secure. The link is in Niddy's signature, E-Mail CCA.

Comment

Vint, I'll do that and ditto with my LTSB account.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

Hiya

For now do not send anything to 1st Credit, sit tight.

Instead, can you please provide the following info: ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!

i.e.
                • Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Reason I say not to get in touch, lets find out some background first. Also, can you send me the agreement, terms and NoA/DN etc if you have a copy - the letter attached at the top of this is NOT a valid NoA and if that is all they sent they would struggle to enforce, however easy to remedy.

Point is, I need to ascertain if you had PPI etc and if so, does that affect the overall position - if yes, then i'll speak to my contact at 1st Credit and politely ask them to leave you alone (if you want...)

Lets see what the history is and email me the requested info, then we'll move forward.

Cheers
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just checking in on this thread too. Good luck Fred,

Elsa x

Comment

Comment

Hi Fred

You may be interested that the OFT imposed requirements on 1st Credit when it comes to SD's. So it looks like 1st Credit are up to their old tricks again. Definately worth a complaint to the OFT

Best
                      SnV
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 25 August 2012, 17:01. Reason: removed OFT write-up
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just adding something else.

1st Credit have gone 12 Days from introducing themselves as the owner of the debt, to issuing threats of SD and BR.

This should be, in anyones eyes, completely unreasonable.
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          Looks like everyone's been receiving similar threats!

Have you seen this, Fred? ---> 1st Credit | HBOS Mass Assignments - allaboutFORUMS
                          Thanks Flowerpower, Niddy pointed me in the direction of this one last night, so I'll have a read.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                            Hi Fred

You may be interested that the OFT imposed requirements on 1st Credit when it comes to SD's. So it looks like 1st Credit are up to their old tricks again. Definately worth a complaint to the OFT

Best
                            SnV
                            Thanks SaltnVinegar,

As of yet, 1st Credit will have had no chance to establish any of the above. Thus far, all they know is that I haven't yet responded to their first letter which I received within the last 2 weeks and that I've told them I will only deal with them in writing.

Maybe that's the problem. We all know that if you take away a DCA's power to bully you over the 'phone then they have virtually nothing left in their armoury. That must be frustrating for them.

Regards.

Fred
                            Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 25 August 2012, 17:00. Reason: removed out of date info

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                              Just adding something else.

1st Credit have gone 12 Days from introducing themselves as the owner of the debt, to issuing threats of SD and BR.

This should be, in anyones eyes, completely unreasonable.
                              yes i thought that when i recieved my letter yesterday
                              ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Working...
                              X